It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Request - UFO Audio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I was searching for something related to the shuttle here on ATS and came across a thread from mid-2003 I think that discussed these audio clips. One purportedly is that of Apollo 11 and its astronauts that walked on the moon as they describe an unidentified object. The other is that of the space shuttle as they claim to still be tracking the UFO.

Both sound fake to me, especially the Apollo 11 one (the tone of the mission control person's voice). There really weren't any comments attached to the original thread so I present these again for feedback from other ATS members. As time goes on I find myself increasingly perplexed by the study of UFOs and this really peaked my interest. This, coupled with an article in the St. Petersburg Times earlier this year about astronauts claiming they were not alone while in space has me yearning to learn more. I've never felt we could be alone in the cosmos and as I get older I find myself more and more interested in this stuff, and of course, more and more excited.

Apollo 11[/urll]
[url=http://www.edicolaweb.net/nonsoloufo/shuttle.zip]Shuttle monitoring UFO

Thoughts?

Here is the original thread, with no responses.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hey titian... Good that you bring this back, because I wasn't there when it was posted, and the site is still on...

OK let's go:
First original link of the Appolo 11 astronauts being amazed: this doesn't sound faked to me. But it is the first time ever I hear that... The pictures also are for a main part a first sight file! (click on the zip link to download the audio file)

Second original link of the Shuttle stating "we still have the alien spacecraft under observance": it doesn't seem to me either to be faked, although it is difficult to state so: anyone can add the noise to a regular sound file and post it as a space radio communication. I am not too surprised though as really it is not the first time I can read that astronauts have "never been alone"... Read this page to convince you (even if it is not necessary): page from ufologie.net

I will try to find audio sources of the same flights and compare them to the "originals" posted on that website... I think they may well have originals, but on the other hand, if those were really originals, I suspect that they could have been forced to shut down or erase the files since then... I'm still curious, but I wish this is completely true...

[edit on 29-12-2004 by SpookyVince]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
These links are great!

Rock on guys!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The moon one is fake and was poorly edited, and the Space shuttle one is ligit.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Do these voices have been analysed, to see if they are really genuine or not ? I mean even with the distorsion of the voice due to communication, it might be possible to recognize if they are original (same tone, accent).

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
thanks for the awesome links

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Its a hard one. The voices sound a little to hollywood. I don't disagree that there is something on the moon. but this dos'nt sound to credable.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
The moon one is fake and was poorly edited, and the Space shuttle one is ligit.

Murcielago, do you have links/info to back that up? I'm not arguing with you; but challenging you for the information. I agree with Spookyvince that the files can be created with someone with the proper tools and am looking for additional information.

BTW, just ordered some UFO books today from Amazon:
- The Roswell UFO Crash : What They Don't Want You to Know
- The Day After Roswell
- UFOs and the National Security State: Chronology of a Coverup, 1941-1973
- Disclosure : Military and Government Witnesses Reveal the Greatest Secrets in Modern History

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Actually, until I reread the thread I thought the first wave file was a recreation. I was not aware that it was being passed as an original.

If that's the case, it sounds, bad. No way it is ligit. I mean, it sounds like two people trying to recreate audibly something that was transcribed. Sort of, um, reading out loud something that was written down by someone who heard it themselves if that made any sense.

The second one sounded legit though. Then again, I'm no audio expert.

new topics

top topics

join