It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Baphomet?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

IT points everywhere and to everything that the blind cannot see and the deaf cannot hear... 

In other words it points to fear?

Everyone is blind and deaf to things they cannot see or hear...

By pointing to things we cannot see nor hear, by your own submission, Baphomet must thereby serve as or be a representation of (or both) an esotic form of mind control to keep us in a constant state of uncertainty and fear, which makes self preservation a priority, and the only goals for those under its spell to have secuirty, comfort, and a full belly. Freedom is no longer an ambition, its too risky. So they become members of the Mafia... The Illuminati... The mob... And the only way for those groups to have any power or influence over society is if people are under that spell.
edit on 6-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

It points to Knowledge of Self and our invisible AND visible nature that is ever so potent...

Signpost:

Melencolia I painted by Albrecht Dürer (21 May 1471 – 6 April 1528)

Again, don't worry about that "mafia stuff', my friend.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Just another word for satan

Many secret groups worship the beast under many names

Moloch Etc

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It points to the opposite of self knowledge. It points to spiritual ignorance and primal fears one material plane.
What youre saying is the BS they would have fed members of the knights templar to keep them under the spell.
It works because the intuitive mind can understand what it truly means but the primal fears exist within us all and trick the self into ignorance in order to survive.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It seems to me to be one universal figure that comprises lots of the symbolism of the mystery religions and occult sort of smushed all together.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Trust me I've figured it out its a spell.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You see that post below your last one by Ketsuko? That pretty much sums it up.

It points to the opposite of self knowledge. It points to spiritual ignorance and primal fears one material plane.

...but I stated all that already in my previous post.

What youre saying is the BS they would have fed members of the knights templar to keep them under the spell

I bloody hell have no clue what you are talking about here, but God bless this site and hallelujah Basphomet for minds such as yourself! Perhaps you should indeed write your thoughts about the mafia connection after all. After all, who likes B.S? Go on now, set the record straight.

It works because the intuitive mind can understand what it truly means but the primal fears exist within us all and trick the self into ignorance in order to survive.

You should go back and read all my signpost I provided. It expounds on all that....

You daily commuters sure do have all the answers. More power to you! I wish you a good life!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Daily commuters?

What are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Baphomet; appears goat headed representing fertility. Arms displaying the Hermetic principle “as above, so below”. Shares both male and female the merging of both reflection of the godhead. Combining chakras to achieve The Magnum Opus. Oh, and is not evil.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Is your Google broken?
Weird post. Do you live in Detroit?
edit on 7-8-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Baphometez - FAUN

Benevolent or Malevolent, Un-confirmed

The faun (Latin: faunus, Ancient Greek: φαῦνος, phaunos, pronounced [pʰaynos]) is a rustic forest god or goddess (genii) of Roman mythology often associated with enchanted woods and the Greek god Pan[1] and his satyrs.[2]

Origins[edit]

The faun is a half human–half goat (from the head to the waist being human, but with the addition of goat horns) manifestation of forest and animal spirits that would help or hinder humans at whim. Romans believed fauns inspired fear in men traveling in lonely, remote or wild places. They were also capable of guiding humans in need, as in the fable of The Satyr and the Traveller, in the title of which Latin authors substituted the word Faunus. Fauns and satyrs were originally quite different creatures: whereas fauns are half-man and half-goat, satyrs originally were depicted as stocky, hairy, ugly dwarfs or woodwoses with the ears and tails of horses or asses. Satyrs also were more woman-loving than fauns, and fauns were rather foolish where satyrs had more knowledge.

Ancient Roman mythological belief also included a god named Faunus and a goddess named Fauna who were goat people.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
Hello ATS, I'm just curious about the kind of answers I might receive to this question, so fire away.
If I am encouraged I will share some of my own

That's some stupid statue the "elite" worship. That's their "god".

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This for reading g the whole thread guys /sarc

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If you want to understand the drawing, you need to research it from the perspective of the artist. This is a rather famous interpretation of Eliphas Levi. He discusses it in his book, Transcendental Magic.

Lévi gives the justification for Baphomet’s monstrous appearance in The Book of Splendours:

“[Baphomet] is a knowledge rising in opposition to idolatry, protesting though the very monstrosity of the idol. The Israelites were forbidden to give divine concepts the figure of a man or of any animal; thus, on the ark of the covenant and in the sanctuary, they dared sculpt only cherubs, that is, sphinxes with the bodies of bulls and the heads of men, eagles or lions.

These mixed figures reproduced neither the complete form of any man, nor that of any animal. These hybrid creations of impossible animals gave to understand that the image was not an idol or reproduction of a living thing, but rather a character or representation of something having its existence in thought.

Baphomet is not worshipped; it is God who is worshipped, this faceless God behind this formless form, this image which resembles no created being. Baphomet is not a God; He is the sign of initiation.”

Now whether you agree with or believe Levi is up to your personal choice and understanding of the world.

Levi, a student and teacher of the mystery schools, explains his symbolism of the picture:

“The goat which is represented in our frontispiece bears upon its forehead the Sign of the Pentagram with one point in the ascendant, which is sufficient to distinguish it as a symbol of the light. Moreover, the sign of occultism is made with both hands, pointing upward to the white moon of CHESED, and downward to the black moon of GEBURAH. This sign expresses the perfect concord between mercy and justice. One of the arms is feminine and the other masculine, as in the androgyne of Khunrath, whose attributes we have combined with those of our goat, since they are one and the same symbol. The torch of intelligence burning between the horns is the magical light of universal equilibrium; it is also a type of the soul exalted above matter, even while cleaving to matter, as the flame cleaves to the torch. … The caduceus, which replaces the generative organ, represents eternal life; the scale-covered belly typifies water; the circle above it is the atmosphere, the feathers still higher up signify the volatile; lastly, humanity is depicted by the two breasts and the androgyne arms of this sphinx of the occult sciences. … The dread Baphomet henceforth, like all monstrous idols, enigmas of antique science and its dreams, is only an innocent and even pious hieroglyph.”

As we have seen, Levi’s image of Baphomet is not a representation of the Christian Devil but a symbol of the astral light, the dual current of occult force behind all magical work. This force may be employed for either good or evil ends, but is neither good nor evil in itself.
edit on 9-8-2015 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Just two things I thought I'd add that that nobody has mentioned yet...

Firstly, according to Levi:
"The name of the Templar Baphomet, which should be spelt kabalistically backwards, is composed of three abbreviations: Tem. ohp. AB., Templi omnium hominum pacts abbas, “the father of the temple of peace of all men”."
~Levi, Transcendental Magic

Secondly, the arms are inscribed with the words “Solve” (dissolve) and “Coagula” (congeal). The words and even the positioning of the arms had Hermetic and alchemic implications. Alchemy was one of Levi’s many magical interests, along with Kabbalah, animal magnetism and astral light.

edit on 14/8/2015 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
These people say they've found Templar artifacts showing Baphomet rituals at the British Museum, and have a new book coming out that claims to have cracked the Baphomet code, along with the first English translation of one of the first books about Baphomet from the 1800s

tracytwyman.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Hello im new here.. I've been here quite some time but today i made an acc
i don't know how to just 'comment' without replying haha.. About Baphomet..

I believe it's the energy, vibration or spirit as you wish to call it, which describes the all of human aspects..with this i mean that everyhuman is partly baphomet or at least have 1 common characteristic of it.. But we are not aware of it.. We have so much of fake characteristics in today's society (republican, democrat; christian, muslim etc.) that we forgot to identify ourself with true human characteristics (archetypes) which baphomet decribes all in he, himself.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I believe that this was drawn by Eliphas Levi, and it is just a drawing but if you notice he is pointing up as well as down that is specifically stating ''That which is above is as that which is below."

If you ask a Christian they will tell you it is either Satan, a demon or a corruption of the word Mahomet for Mohammed.

None of which is true. It more resembles Pan than it does Satan who doesn't look like anything as he isn't real. Not that Pan is but the image of Pan was incorporated by Catholicism to represent Satan because Pan was popular and not Catholic so you know he had to be besmirched.

He has the Caduceus in his lap and a five pointed star that is a symbol for Venus.

Also it is Hermaphroditic in appearance.

It's a symbol of balance and fertility.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist

IT points everywhere and to everything that the blind cannot see and the deaf cannot hear... 

In other words it points to fear?

Everyone is blind and deaf to things they cannot see or hear...

By pointing to things we cannot see nor hear, by your own submission, Baphomet must thereby serve as or be a representation of (or both) an esotic form of mind control to keep us in a constant state of uncertainty and fear, which makes self preservation a priority, and the only goals for those under its spell to have secuirty, comfort, and a full belly. Freedom is no longer an ambition, its too risky. So they become members of the Mafia... The Illuminati... The mob... And the only way for those groups to have any power or influence over society is if people are under that spell.

That "spell" is called money, power, respect and is not limited to the Secret Societies or Organized crime.

The "Mafia" of Sicily and it's Neapolitan cousins weren't mystics and didn't give a damn about Baphomet. The only ritual they had was the pricking of the finger and dropping blood on a saint's card and burning it then promising to serve the family until death. They didn't even do it in Chicago because it was just silly. It was just to emphasize the seriousness and total commitment you were making.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join