It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Cop Killed A White Teen And The #AllLivesMatter Crowd Said Nothing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
the thing that bothers me about these threads is they always say "and no one is talking about it" but i always see the story on every forum and social media site i visit, i see it on mainstream TV and online news, etc... and everyone discussing it is saying "and no one discusses it". It feels like the very race baiting they are attempting to call out.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

There is nothing more that can be done in the legal system to combat racism. What would you have me or anyone do? I tell racists I run into to not be an ass, ect, but be realistic.

Two things need to happen to combat racism,

ONE: Time, so that old world ideas, wounds, ect can heal. And the old racists can die off replaced by a less and less racist youth each year.

and,

TWO: The things that perpetuate racism, the things that benefit from the race war, and the poverty that keeps blacks enthralled need to be combated.

Neither of these are combated by "recognizing" that racism exists.

Yes racism exists, everyone knows racism exists, no one's such a moron that thinks racism has gone the way of the dodo.

The problem is, the only things that will fix the problem now requires fixing things that aren't race related, cause all the race specific things that can be done, already have been, except for time.

I mean really, what rights are blacks missing that everyone else has? What legislation would you like to see that will magically put an end to racism?

They have full and complete legal equality.

What they lack is what we all lack, a non corrupt government, instead having one that gains more by keeping us in poverty and keeping us divided.

I'm not saying ignore that racism exists. You see someone being a racist git, give them the verbal smack down, sue when appropriate, physically defend if necessary, ect. However, legislatively, the war for equal rights for blacks is OVER it has been won for a long time now. All the legislature that can be done has been done, all the equal rights laws are there, ect.

What's left is that the government that is in charge of those laws is corrupt and broken, as is the police force expected to uphold and enforce those laws, not to mention be an example of the law. This government's corruption that allows for this goes much deeper than race itself.

It's all legerdemain. Don't look behind the curtain. Keep people obsessed over the symptoms, and trying to fight the symptoms, while the cause runs rampant. Meanwhile people sit and moan that the symptoms aren't going away.

Of course racism is going to exist, the only thing being done about it is bitching and pointing fingers at each other while asking for/demanding help from the very people who want to keep everyone bitching and pointing fingers.
edit on 8/6/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: amazing

But aren't all types of humans everywhere being mistreated. I know it's not always easy to see due to media being how it is but I assure you it's true of most everywhere. Therefore I disagree that anything needs singling out and it's a whole lot better and easier to say hey that black white asian atheist christian muslim jew whatever is a human and deserves to be treated as such than these lives matter…exclusivity will be our downfall...

But what do you do if one set of people in one area is being highly mistreated?

If just say all lives matter. You don't really raise awareness for the problem. If you can't highlight the problem area, it will never get corrected. You have to highlight certain problems so that we can see it, discuss it and take action.

It's the same in business. I own a business. Every aspect of it is equally important. Sales, Management, Cash flow, Security, Marketing, Advertising, Cleaning, Paying bills. But if my Sales are down. I can't say. The entire business matters that doesn't help. No...we say...hey sales matter too, and then we discuss sales, figure out a way to correct any problems and move on. It's the same with people.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I don't have time right now for lengthy posts of why I disagree with this, but I will try later tonight to come back and make one that better explains why I think the tactic you speak of isn't very helpful. Suffice to say after all the replies I've made here I don't think it's going to change your outlook on this issue anyway. I think we are just going to disagree on this one.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Could not have said it better my self. Thank you for writing a post that sums up my feeling on the issue as I don't have the time at the moment to do so...stupid moving homes lol.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I personally don’t have any problem with Black Lives Matter other than that they should include black inner city crime, and if they don’t their full of crap.

I understand their idea of emphasizing black deaths by police since it is a reality that this is a particular problem and that racism is still alive and well in America in the year 2015

BUT if they exclude black deaths in the crime ridden ghetto then they are full of crap and don’t really give a dam about black people just a political agenda

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: pyramid head

If you focus on idiot things like skin color you won't pay attention to the spying, war, fiat taxes, currency, and militarized police state around you.
'
And if you ignore people getting treated differently just because of their skin color or other reasons and call anyone that wants to say it happens an apologist then you are a just as major issue as the ones you listed.

It is not white guilt to admit that it is much easier being white, that is just a reality.

My guess is most people given the choose wouldn't have their kids born as a minority...

Condidering I'm a minority, and was born one, I find your assumption that somehow my parents would rather have a "white" kid offensive.

It's "easier being white" because the media and government, or some FBI informant crackhead tell you so. You should move to an all black neighborhood to see how "easy" it is to be white.

The real difference is wealth, and if you focused on the reason for the wealth disparity, one would reach the conclusion we are ALL being screwed by politicians.

You can continue to obsess on race because globalists and race pimps tell you to do so, but real humanitarians and those who don't obsess over race would take in dr kings message of equality.

I find it funny that king and Malcolm at the end of his life, preached equality and wound up dead. Yet drug addict race whores like sharpton and Jackson continue their parasitic existence.

This "white people are inherently bad" nonsense is mental illness.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pyramid head

Well I wasn't saying white people were inherently bad. I agree that is a bad like of thought

Pointing out that racism is alive and well is nit obsessing over it btw.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I don't have time right now for lengthy posts of why I disagree with this, but I will try later tonight to come back and make one that better explains why I think the tactic you speak of isn't very helpful. Suffice to say after all the replies I've made here I don't think it's going to change your outlook on this issue anyway. I think we are just going to disagree on this one.

I see what your saying and it leaves one question.

How do we highlight a problem in society then?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Wasn't the blacklivesmatter movement started over something that was proven to be a lie?

I believe it started with GZ, but I am referring to when it really picked up steam with the Mike Brown death and hands up don't shoot.

Maybe the blacklivesmatter movement would resonate with more people if they started over with alllivesmatter.
edit on 6-8-2015 by Danke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: charolais
Am I the only one getting tired of the "white man killed, where is the media outrage" threads?? I'm not trying to derail your thread, but honestly it's pi$$ing into the wind if you ask me.

are you not getting tired of the "black man killed by police"

When in all actuality more white men are killed by police then black men?

Theres a problem with police over reach and militantism PERIOD , whatever color you are......

While you are possibly correct in saying more whites are killed by police than more backs are killed, your post is grossly misleading.

A recent study showed that young black males were 21 TIMES MORE LIKELY to be killed by cops than their white counterparts. It does not say why they are killed or their level of innocence. The numbers speak for themselves. I am not sure where you got your initial numbers from but please address the facts I am relaying and then apply them to your previous post.

Desdly force in Black and White
edit on 6-8-2015 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke

Wasn't the blacklivesmatter movement started over something that was proven to be a lie?

I believe it started with GZ, but I am referring to when it really picked up steam with the Mike Brown death and hands up don't shoot.

Maybe the blacklivesmatter movement would resonate with more people if they started over with alllivesmatter.

Bottom line I believe the intention of blacklivesmatter is to show the crisis or epidemic of the current acts as opposed to looking at it from a macro standpoint. Maybe a different title would have appeased to anyone offended or slighted.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

You act like black people are the only ones discriminated against these days. At this point all peoples or races/religions/whatever's have been discriminated against. The past is past leave it there and move forward or be lost forever in something you can't change... I'm of Irish decent and my folks are only here because we were persecuted at home. Sent as indentured servants over a rebellion against a unruly English crown way back when. I love the EPL and that culture even watch tons of UK produced flix. I have been discriminated against by black folk Hispanics...christians and down right sociopaths in law enforcement. I'm just sick of it too. If we all said we all matter I promise we would get father than just this or that matters

This is pointless. Obviously you don't understand this, but the stuff we're going through right now is a direct extension of what we were going through then. It literally never stopped. But you wouldn't know that if you didn't know the situation before. I suggest you look up "Broken Windows policy" and "Stop and Frisk" policy, and their disproportionate effect on minority communities. That is by design. That was the literal intention of Bloomberg when he implemented them. And before that, it was the literal intention of Pres Nixon & Lee Atwater when they created the "Southern Strategy", which creates policies which disproportionally affect minorities. These aren't my words, they're Atwater's words, who was on Pres. Reagan's political team when he made these infamous statements:
Their political strategy is still in place today. So you telling us to get past that because everyone faces discrimination is short sighted. Minorities are disproportionately affected by these policies by design (like mandatory minimum sentencing & the difference in coc aine & crack sentences). You're basically telling me to stop fighting a battle just because you don't know it exists.

And who are you to tell me to forget the past & move on? Racial Segregation just officially ended 50 years ago with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which conservatives have continuously eroded in Congress & the Supreme Court). My own parents couldn't go to racially integrated schools until they were in college. They were protesting during the Civil Rights movement & faced the same crap from police then. On the other hand, the Confederate States of America ended 150 years ago. But apparently it's fine for people to remember their distant confederate heritage but it's not ok for me to remember my own parents struggles & my own experiences? Screw that.

As for the OP: If you're really concerned about the young teen's tragic killing, then why aren't you out there protesting, writing your Congressman, sending donations to his family, etc? And if you are, why does it matter if "Black Lives Matter" joins in? Do you care about the victim and his family, or do you just want to turn this killing into another way to bash "Black Lives Matter"?

The last time a friend of mine was murdered, I went to console his family & his girlfriend, and went to the funeral to pay my respects. I wasn't concerned with going on an internet forum to complain about why the local gun rights activists weren't making an uproar about the illegal use of a firearm.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke

"Black Lives Matter" is just another chapter in a centuries long battle for equal treatment under the law. Similar protests have been going on for decades, like when Amadou Diallo was shot 41 times by the NYPD. That was in the early 90's if I'm not mistaken. Social media is the only reason why the phrases like "I Can't Breath", "Hands Up, Don't Shoot", and "Black Lives Matter" are popular right now. But the initial cause has been ongoing for a long time.

(fun fact: But short "catchphrases" aren't new in the push for equal rights. Dr. MLK was killed when supporting the "I Am a Man!" protests during the Memphis Sanitation strike. And that phrase was specifically used by other groups before & after this strike.)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: charolais
Am I the only one getting tired of the "white man killed, where is the media outrage" threads?? I'm not trying to derail your thread, but honestly it's pi$$ing into the wind if you ask me.

are you not getting tired of the "black man killed by police"

When in all actuality more white men are killed by police then black men?

Theres a problem with police over reach and militantism PERIOD , whatever color you are......

While you are possibly correct in saying more whites are killed by police than more backs are killed, your post is grossly misleading.

A recent study showed that young black males were 21 TIMES MORE LIKELY to be killed by cops than their white counterparts. It does not say why they are killed or their level of innocence. The numbers speak for themselves. I am not sure where you got your initial numbers from but please address the facts I am relaying and then apply them to your previous post.

Desdly force in Black and White

The pro republica article is not a fact, please read my previous post on page four. I have a link with a break down of how they got their "facts". You didn't find it suspicious that they picked those specific ages? Those numbers are far from fact.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

No what you just posted is disgusting…you should be ashamed of yourself as well as everyone trying to act like ANY race is more important than another! You gotta be kidding me with the responses these days on ATS… How bout #Don'tLiePolice or #NoThreatNoShots

You're damn right all lives matter and the correction to the popular slogan should have been adopted like…idk…yesterday! To support any racial slogan would further to divide us as a country when what we should be doing is uniting to become one strong nation!

The fact that you deride the slogan, the current and only slogan rightly, says you want nothing of unity & know absolutely nothing about the symbology behind the phrase.

I don't care about your outrage or disgust either.
You advocate movement hijacking...
Your disgusting.

"movement hijacking"...well, thats the most pathetic thing ive read so far on ATS today. Well done.
edit on 7-8-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

No what you just posted is disgusting…you should be ashamed of yourself as well as everyone trying to act like ANY race is more important than another! You gotta be kidding me with the responses these days on ATS… How bout #Don'tLiePolice or #NoThreatNoShots

You're damn right all lives matter and the correction to the popular slogan should have been adopted like…idk…yesterday! To support any racial slogan would further to divide us as a country when what we should be doing is uniting to become one strong nation!

The fact that you deride the slogan, the current and only slogan rightly, says you want nothing of unity & know absolutely nothing about the symbology behind the phrase.

Your disgusting.

"movement hijacking"...well, thats the most pathetic thing ive read so far on ATS today. Well done.

Apologist rhetoric.
The CIA & FBI have hijacked movements as well...

You wanna know what's truly pathetic...
You lot are now doing their seedy work for them.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Your disgusting.

Apologist rhetoric.

Get off your high horse mate. I bet you are also not doing anything to help anything. So, have a drink, have some dip and relax.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Your disgusting.

Apologist rhetoric.

Get off your high horse mate. I bet you are also not doing anything to help anything. So, have a drink, have some dip and relax.

Just ran out of my cope wintergreen... sad times

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join