It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Cop Killed A White Teen And The #AllLivesMatter Crowd Said Nothing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
All lives matter is a fictional movement...

It's like men jumping in on women's rights and changing a slogan.

It's disgusting.

#BlackLivesMatter

Its not. Its like someone jumping in on a Nazi collaborators hash tag. Black lives matter is propaganda produced for dumbed down brainwashed sheeple to obsess over the color of their skin, rather than the rogue government that's screwing them.

This is funded by George sores, an evil piece of trash.

soros funds

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Of course all lives matter.

The problem is, when people say "black lives matter" they're implying all lives matter.

When someone says, "all lives matter" -- it diminishes and takes away from the racial aspect of black people being profiled and killed at a higher percentage than white people. It's like we don't want to deal with the "icky" issues of racism. We just want to slap a broad "all lives" in there so we don't have to look the racism in the face.

Yes, all lives matter -- but the issue is that black people are being murdered disproportionally by police. We can't just shove that under the rug by shifting the focus off of race. We need to address the latent racism that still exists in this country.
edit on 6-8-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Of course all lives matter.

The problem is, when people say "black lives matter" they're implying all lives matter.

When someone says, "all lives matter" -- it diminishes and takes away from the racial aspect of black people being profiled and killed at a higher percentage than white people. It's like we don't want to deal with the "icky" issues of racism. We just want to slap a broad "all lives" in there so we don't have to look the racism in the face.

Yes, all lives matter -- but the issue is that black people are being murdered disproportionally by police. We can't just shove that under the rug by shifting the focus off of race. We need to address the latent racism that still exists in this country.

Again, more propaganda to balkanize the sheeple. The numbers are manipulated like all the other propaganda put out.

dangerous distortions

I assure you we are all beat, tazed, and shot at similar rates. The cop culture is a product that's pushed by our authoritarian government. Not a bunch of crazed racists cops, no matter what Nazi collaborator soros says.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pyramid head

I'm white and I'm not afraid to admit that I have been treated differently by police and other figures of authority compared to my black friends. White privilege is a real thing, and racism still exists in this country. We want to pretend it doesn't -- we want to think we dealt with it all during the civil rights movement in the 60's...but we just swept it under the rug to ferment.

Just like asking dad for your fair share, the phrase “black lives matter” also has an implicit “too” at the end: it’s saying that black lives should also matter. But responding to this by saying “all lives matter” is willfully going back to ignoring the problem. It’s a way of dismissing the statement by falsely suggesting that it means “only black lives matter,” when that is obviously not the case. And so saying “all lives matter” as a direct response to “black lives matter” is essentially saying that we should just go back to ignoring the problem.

Link

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
All lives matter is a fictional movement...

It's like men jumping in on women's rights and changing a slogan.

It's disgusting.

#BlackLivesMatter

I agree. When men get abused we should not care, and only black lives matter.

#BlackPower!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I'm white and I'm not afraid to admit that I have been treated differently by police and other figures of authority compared to my black friends. White privilege is a real thing, and racism still exists in this country. We want to pretend it doesn't -- we want to think

I agree.

The problem I have is white people can't treat white people differently than blacks, but black people do the same exact thing.

Be the change you want to see. If you want all people treated equally, treat all equally.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Why are these stupid cops doing a sting for weed? Why is anyone getting busted for weed? What a goddamn waste! They really are hiring retards for cops!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Be the change you want to see. If you want all people treated equally, treat all equally.

Can't do that it makes way too much sense

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Can't do that it makes way too much sense

Where I work white people can be really discriminated against. I get along with everyone so I don't feel it, but they sometimes almost seem to forget I am white (no idea why I am as white boy as they come) and so I hear them say things and it's just so sad.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
My problem with #blacklives matter is it's not a separate cause. Both police brutality against blacks and everyone else is better fought with a united front, not by looking at it against any one race in particular.

The real issue is corrupt cops, police brutality, and the corrupt system that allows for it.

The reason people get irritated by #blacklives matter is the with all the police brutality and the corrupt system allowing for it, a subset of the population wants to make it all about them, and take something that affects all of us, and divide it into separate little causes.

People are irritated and pissed because, united we stand, divided we fall. As long as it's blacklives matter, we have way too weak and divided a front to deal with the real problem, which is the corrupt cops and the corrupt system that allows them to get away with this crap.

If we deal with the corrupt system together, it will fix the problem not only with cops against blacks, but everyone else too.

But NO instead we must have a whole bunch of divided causes that all stem from the same exact problem origin, and step all over each others toes, get in each others ways, and pretend our little subset of the problem is the special snowflake more important and unique than everyone else with the same problem and cause. Try to out scream each other how it affects us and is so much worse for us. Bitching about how, even though it's the EXACT SAME GROUP doing the SAME wrong to all of us, it's the wrong against our own group that deserves extra special attention.

Screw that #. Police brutality, the corrupt system that allows for it and everyone screwed over by it deserves all our attention, and the more we all bring everything they do wrong together the more ammunition we have.

I don't care if the brutality is against any race or creed. I don't care if it's a muslim, christian, athiest, black, white, hispanic, gay, straight, man women, adult, child, senior, or a #ing dog or cat, WE NEED TO ADD IT TO THE LIST TOGETHER!!!!
edit on 8/6/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirsIt's cause driven, not agenda driven.

There are movements against abortion and black on black crime as well.

This is for neither of those causes.

But therein lies the problem...if the name "BlackLivesMatter" means what it says, then it should be talking about all black lives in every situation that are taken without just cause. I think that's the point--it could be a very good cause if it wouldn't just focus on black people killed by whites (which is the vast majority, if not the totality, of all the times I've seen them react), and it would be even better if it didn't start because of the (legally speaking) justified used of deadly force against Trayvon Martin and then really take off because of the justified shooting of Mike Brown.

See, the thing about movements and them having credibility is that they shouldn't jump to conclusions, utilize hyperbole, or be associated with things like riots and non-peaceful protests. The "BlackLivesMatter" has lost credibility to those who don't have an ideological agenda attached to it, but there will never be a time when something like "AllLivesMatter" would lose credibility, because it's a truth, and not some hashtagged slogan.

"AllLivesMatter" has credibility specifically because it's not a movement, but a correct assertion/philosophy. "BlackLivesMatter," while being true in its most basic sense, is just one piece of the overall puzzle where everyone's life matters--but the movement has really shot itself in the foot with how it has reacted to some incidences.

I will, however, give it credit in that it has acted relatively decent in Cincinnati, so it does have its moments--but in the grand scheme of things, it truly is divisive by definition simply by its name and the fact that it only shows outrage for one group, regardless of your perceptions of it. Whether or not that's how a movement is supposed to be, you can't deny that it is divisive and you should be easily capable of understanding why some of us don't particularly like that divisive tone and prefer something that encompasses all lives.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

You are spot on.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I should have posted the whole thing earlier, but this addressees just what you're talking about:

Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don’t get any. So you say “I should get my fair share.” And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, “everyone should get their fair share.” Now, that’s a wonderful sentiment — indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad’s smart-ass comment just dismissed you and didn’t solve the problem that you still haven’t gotten any!

The problem is that the statement “I should get my fair share” had an implicit “too” at the end: “I should get my fair share, too, just like everyone else.” But your dad’s response treated your statement as though you meant “only I should get my fair share”, which clearly was not your intention. As a result, his statement that “everyone should get their fair share,” while true, only served to ignore the problem you were trying to point out.

That’s the situation of the “black lives matter” movement. Culture, laws, the arts, religion, and everyone else repeatedly suggest that all lives should matter. Clearly, that message already abounds in our society.

The problem is that, in practice, the world doesn’t work that way. You see the film Nightcrawler? You know the part where Renee Russo tells Jake Gyllenhal that she doesn’t want footage of a black or latino person dying, she wants news stories about affluent white people being killed? That’s not made up out of whole cloth — there is a news bias toward stories that the majority of the audience (who are white) can identify with. So when a young black man gets killed (prior to the recent police shootings), it’s generally not considered “news”, while a middle-aged white woman being killed is treated as news. And to a large degree, that is accurate — young black men are killed in significantly disproportionate numbers, which is why we don’t treat it as anything new. But the result is that, societally, we don’t pay as much attention to certain people’s deaths as we do to others. So, currently, we don’t treat all lives as though they matter equally.

Just like asking dad for your fair share, the phrase “black lives matter” also has an implicit “too” at the end: it’s saying that black lives should also matter. But responding to this by saying “all lives matter” is willfully going back to ignoring the problem. It’s a way of dismissing the statement by falsely suggesting that it means “only black lives matter,” when that is obviously not the case. And so saying “all lives matter” as a direct response to “black lives matter” is essentially saying that we should just go back to ignoring the problem.

Link

It's not that all lives don't matter, that's already implied...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Your missing the point, the problem is that the movement detracts from a solid front towards fixing the problem in the first place.

Ok, let's say instead of going after police corruption and brutality in whole and the corrupt system that supports them, we instead only focus on police brutality towards blacks, what will the result be?

Some half-assed anti-discrimination measure maaaybe, I don't know, but something weird and convoluted, cause the police brutality problem is not because of racism, it's because of a corrupt system that allows police, whether racist or just a jerk to do what they will and have each others back.

The problem is, it is not a solution and detracts from the problem, and puts the focus where it doesn't belong. The focus needs to be on the cause not the effect. The blacks suffer most often from police brutality because due to them so often being stuck in poverty and associated with gang violence they are easy targets. Bullies go after the easier targets.

The cause is a corrupt police system, if the blacks were no longer the most impoverished people in the US, and no longer portrayed all through media as thugs, and any other group was instead, then they'd be the ones most bullied by police regardless of skin color.

The police brutality issue exist because we have a corrupt legal system that protects police thuggary. How will focusing on the blacks brutalized by police solve this problem? How will anything but a solid front solve this problem? We need solidarity against this problem.

Blacklives matter is a terrible slogan because it detracts from the problem, it is the opposite of promoting solidarity, and it really does nothing to address the issue.

What's needed is for everyone to open their eyes and stand together against this issue.

This isn't like the fair share thing. Cause it has nothing to do with shares. It's something being done to everyone by the same bully. It's not the same. The same bully is doing the same crime to everybody, the black community is getting more of it cause life through them scraps, it does not change that it's the same bully, and no one gains anything by being divided against this bully. He's got guns, tanks and riot gear. Not to mention a military if pushed too far.

Addendum: By the way I think all lives matter is also a dumb slogan, as like this one, it completely detracts from the actual issue. A good slogan is clear in it's meaning and to the point of the actual problem.
edit on 8/6/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I'm white and I'm not afraid to admit that I have been treated differently by police and other figures of authority compared to my black friends. White privilege is a real thing, and racism still exists in this country. We want to pretend it doesn't -- we want to think we dealt with it all during the civil rights movement in the 60's...but we just swept it under the rug to ferment.

Link

Racism is not exclusive to white people. Your choosing to live in a government created reality where apologizing for skin color and being born makes you a good slave.

In actual reality these are diversions to keep you from realizing all over the world we are being conquered by globalists. If you focus on idiot things like skin color you won't pay attention to the spying, war, fiat taxes, currency, and militarized police state around you.

Many accept your way of thinking because it's much easier to apologize for "being white" than to stand up to a tyrannical government.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I'm not "apologizing" for being white -- I'm stating fact that racism is real, and white people are treated differently by society.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Fundamental changes need to occur in society to fix those issue though, at this point it's fixing the government/forces that makes getting out of poverty near impossible and is focused on pushing more and more people into poverty. The same government/powers that wants us divided, the same government/powers that benefits by keeping race wars, ect going so we never unite against them.

Yes racism exists, the solution to fixing it, has nothing to do with racism itself though.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

If you focus on idiot things like skin color you won't pay attention to the spying, war, fiat taxes, currency, and militarized police state around you.
'
And if you ignore people getting treated differently just because of their skin color or other reasons and call anyone that wants to say it happens an apologist then you are a just as major issue as the ones you listed.

It is not white guilt to admit that it is much easier being white, that is just a reality.

My guess is most people given the choose wouldn't have their kids born as a minority...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yup it's easier being white, and that suits the people in power nicely. For one most of them are white, and two like always with them division division division. Keep us divided and we will never be a threat.

I recognize racism exists, I'm not going to get sidetracked trying to fix a symptom, when we can target the cause.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Yes racism exists, the solution to fixing it, has nothing to do with racism itself though.

What? So...if we ignore racism it'll go away?

That's worked really well since the civil rights movement of the 1960's....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join