It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Cop Killed A White Teen And The #AllLivesMatter Crowd Said Nothing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Theres a problem with police over reach and militantism PERIOD , whatever color you are......

I could not agree with you more, I am 100% in line with that and I think many of my posts would support my statement... but why drag race into it and help to continue this race war attitude that a lot of people are playing (including the media). You are feeding the divisive tactics when you fall into the race comments (I'm not talking YOU specifically, manbehindthemask).

edit on 5-8-2015 by charolais because: typo

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais

Theres a problem with police over reach and militantism PERIOD , whatever color you are......

I could not agree with you more, I am 100% in line with that and I think many of my posts would support my statement... but why drag race into it and help to continue this race war attitude that a lot of people are playing (including the media). You are feeding the divisive tactics when you fall into the race comments (I'm not talking YOU specifically, manbehindthemask).

I have to disagree with you two. Sure there are dividers. But this slogan by itself isn't divisive.

There are cities, such as Ferguson, where black lives don't seem to matter as much as white lives. There are instances where black lives don't seem to matter at all.

It's doesn't mean that all lives don't matter, they do. We all agree with that.

But in many places, they police and our courts, need to understand that black lives matter...perhaps we should add to that slogan....

We need to add..."just as much"

Black lives matter just as much as white lives.

Homeless lives matter just as much as those of us with jobs and places to live.

Gay and lesbian lives matter just as much as Christian lives.

Veterans lives matter just as much as those who are pacifists.

Palestinian LIves matter just as much as Israeli Lives.

Liberal LIves matter just as much as Conservative lives.

Hispanic lives matter just as much as Asian lives.

Mexican lives matter just as much as American lives.

Some times we just need a reminder that other lives matter just as much.
edit on 5-8-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Because obviously he deserved to die because he was a criminal. Have to get past that mind set otherwise any concern for lives is going to stay small.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

All lives matter is a fictional movement...

It's like men jumping in on women's rights and changing a slogan.

It's disgusting.

#BlackLivesMatter

African Americans make up 12.6% of the U.S. population2 but the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that black women accounted for 35.4% of all abortions in 2009. 3. The Guttmacher Institute (AGI) puts the percentage of black abortions at 30% of the U.S. total.

Then where are they on that?

Seems a bit hypocritical , and I know your stance on Abortion too.....

This whole blacklives matter is agenda driven , not equality driven

It's cause driven, not agenda driven.

There are movements against abortion and black on black crime as well.

This is for neither of those causes.

No its noit Charlie , because if it was cause driven, they wouldnt shout "NO" and demand appologies from people for saying all lives matter......

Martin Luther King, would roll over in his grave if he saw black people out there promoting one color over another in value.......

This is agenda driven and its a divisive tactic.......

Take part in it if you want......

But im for all lives mattering and equality across the board......

Start around the 1:00 mark. It's only a minute so I'm sure you have the time for that.

And Charlie, well done! I was going to comment on this stuff but you might have explained it better than I would have. Your post w/the example of a breast cancer campaign getting criticism because it's not an "all cancer" campaign is spot on.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If #blacklivesmatter changed to #blacklivesmattertoo, all would be well.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

Having all these separate movements leaves room for people to only to subscribe to the ones they like or agree with…when it should be all lives matter and all humans deserve basic human rights. It's like the people who are all about half of those causes but are anti Israeli or Palestinian…or anti white or anti black to not support those movements. Instead we should just advocate all humans matter and all should receive those basic human rights. Divided we fall together we are unstoppable. This is why we never see change!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

have to reply to this........

He still never said anything about only black lives mattering, and would have never booed "all lives matter"

Period

he ALWAYS promoted equality , peace and respect

Your post w/the example of a breast cancer campaign getting criticism because it's not an "all cancer" campaign is spot on.

thats not even a rational analogy on the premise of LIFE......seriously
edit on 8/5/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Having all these separate movements leaves room for people to only to subscribe to the ones they like or agree with…when it should be all lives matter and all humans deserve basic human rights. It's like the people who are all about half of those causes but are anti Israeli or Palestinian…or anti white or anti black to not support those movements. Instead we should just advocate all humans matter and all should receive those basic human rights. Divided we fall together we are unstoppable. This is why we never see change!

Then lead the way. It's easy to bash people who are trying to change something, especially when you don't agree 100% with their cause. But it's a lot harder to get up & show people by example how it should be done. Assuming there's a better way in practice, not just in theory.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Then lead the way. It's easy to bash people who are trying to change something, especially when you don't agree 100% with their cause. But it's a lot harder to get up & show people by example how it should be done. Assuming there's a better way in practice, not just in theory.

Change for the sake of change is not always good.......neither is its premise.....

Change for the betterment of EVERYONE is a different story all together

And even that is subject to perspective......

The difference is the intent....
edit on 8/5/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

I think you miss the main point. And it's really the whole point.

There are entire subsets or minorities of humans depending on location that are treated unfairly. This is nothing more than a call that black lives do matter just as much as white lives. Sometimes we need to be reminded that certain people are being treated unfairly, shine a spotlight on it and change how we interact with them.

Just saying all lives matter, doesn't expose and get us involved in the problem area.

It's like a car. You could say that "All parts of the car matter" but if you're windshield wiper fluid is empty or your engine is running hot, your car will tell you "windshields matter" or "Engine temperature matters" it gets your attention and you can fix the problem.

This protest "Black lives matter' shows us that there is a problem and then we can take a look at it and correct it.

It's pretty simple.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Change for the sake of change is not always good.......neither is its premise.....

Change for the betterment of EVERYONE is a different story all together

And even that is subject to perspective......

The difference is the intent....

Then lead the way. Show people how it's "supposed" to be done by example. Because right now, the results aren't showing up too well. We've been facing this same crap since the Slave Patrols & their "papers please" crap. We always hear people tell us "let's work together so everyone can have it better", but those people are conveniently never around when we actually need that help.

Native Americans, Hispanic Americans, and us are always the hardest hit by economic downturns & by changes to the social safety net & judicial system (like mandatory sentencing & broken windows policies). So where's the "Change for the betterment of EVERYONE" rhetoric then? In other words, talk is cheap. Where are the results? And why are the positive results always skewed against us & the negative results always skewed towards us? But when we point that out, we hear the same tired crap of "no no, don't just focus on your plight, think about ours as well". As if your plight & ours is the same on these issues.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

it doesnt seem to me the blacklivesmatter thing is helping things at all either ......

Seems to me its devisive, just look at this thread.........

Your retort so far in this thread to any opposition is "lead the way"

doesnt invalidate any of the points being made.........

Native Americans, Hispanic Americans, and us are always the hardest hit by economic downturns & by changes to the social safety net & judicial system (like mandatory sentencing & broken windows policies). So where's the "Change for the betterment of EVERYONE" rhetoric then? In other words, talk is cheap. Where are the results? And why are the positive results always skewed against us & the negative results always skewed towards us? But when we point that out, we hear the same tired crap of "no no, don't just focus on your plight, think about ours as well". As if your plight & ours is the same on these issues.

Just stop right there, already youre making an assumption and have are exhibiting the "us and them" behavior.....

Im half Comanche , my mothers half of the family is all Comanche.......

Native Americans were given blankets full of small pox to eradicate them........

And I dont see my family or anyone from Native American Tribes, out there crying for reparations or yelling "native lives matter" or any of the other bullcrap going on......

Talking about equality? Much of the Native American people still live on reservations.......

Do you see them walking around like victims all the time trying to put down the "white man"

No.......they dont.......they speak out for equality for all......

Dont presume to talk to me about things like Native American affairs and minorities, I know them all too well....

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I try to in my everyday life. I never and I do really mean never judge people on anything but their merits. I will stand up for anyone and have more than once to my own detriment (i.e. bar fights and other incidences) if they are being wronged…black white islamic atheist poor rich I don't care… Those who know me know that I don't take sh*t and won't stand for it for others. I don't have the time nor the twitter account to start a "movement" as I just graduated college myself and now am on the hook for a metric fu*k ton of loans to do so. I find that if I can sway a few people every so often I am doing my duty as best I can without neglecting my own life and happiness which is also important. My biggest pitfall are people who commit crimes against others and stupidity due to lack of care…however those lives still matter, I just have a hard time going out of my way to help someone who won't help themselves and I have a hard time justifying why someone who wrongs another needs to be helped. I gave a vet a place to live and supported him for 2 months while his paperwork got sorted and payments came in so he didn't have to drop out of school…I barely knew him, but saw it as the right thing to do. What's more this same guy would rather live comfortably in his life and not worry about my problems after all that and do I attack him…no I just do my thing and keep going. I don't start sh*t I try to solve it. So before you assume I just say things here realize not everyone is an internet kid...
edit on 5-8-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

All lives matter is a fictional movement...

It's like men jumping in on women's rights and changing a slogan.

It's disgusting.

#BlackLivesMatter

It could be argued that refusal to incorporate all lives into the slogan, insinuates that *only* black lives matter to this group, which is inherently racist, wouldn't you say? This young man somehow (accidentally?) committed suicide by cop, an event which all to common in recent years...regardless of skin color

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

But aren't all types of humans everywhere being mistreated. I know it's not always easy to see due to media being how it is but I assure you it's true of most everywhere. Therefore I disagree that anything needs singling out and it's a whole lot better and easier to say hey that black white asian atheist christian muslim jew whatever is a human and deserves to be treated as such than these lives matter…exclusivity will be our downfall...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Or you all could stop applying more to the end of it...

It doesn't need too at the end.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

it doesnt seem to me the blacklivesmatter thing is helping things at all either ......

Seems to me its devisive, just look at this thread.........

Your retort so far in this thread to any opposition is "lead the way"

doesnt invalidate any of the points being made.........

Just stop right there, already youre making an assumption and have are exhibiting the "us and them" behavior.....

Im half Comanche , my mothers half of the family is all Comanche.......

Native Americans were given blankets full of small pox to eradicate them........

And I dont see my family or anyone from Native American Tribes, out there crying for reparations or yelling "native lives matter" or any of the other bullcrap going on......

Talking about equality? Much of the Native American people still live on reservations.......

Do you see them walking around like victims all the time trying to put down the "white man"

No.......they dont.......they speak out for equality for all......

Dont presume to talk to me about things like Native American affairs and minorities, I know them all too well....

1. Huh? The very fact that they've spread awareness has been beneficial. Different police departments all over the country are adopting new policies to reduce police brutality, particularly the increase in mandatory body cameras. Change can't happen as long as people don't realize there's a problem that needs to be changed.

2. I ask people to lead the way because of the reasons I stated. It's easy to trash people because you don't agree 100% with their cause. In your case, it's the difference between "all lives" and "black lives". But it's a lot harder to actually get up and make a change. In your case it would be to go out & promote that "All Lives Matter" while actually speaking up for every victim, regardless of their ethnicity. Instead people like you seem to say "all lives matter" but are conveniently no where to be found when a tragedy happens to our group. Hence the whole point in us having to remind our politicians that our lives matter too.

3. My family line is proudly African American & Muscogee/"Creek". Claiming that Native Americans aren't going around fighting for better treatment right now is a flat out lie. There are so many Native American self determination groups and civil rights advocacy groups that I wouldn't even know where to begin. This includes the "First Nations" in Canada & the "Amerindians" in the rest of the Americas.

Maybe your specific family doesn't but don't start projecting that on all the rest of us. And yes, I say "us" because the Muscogee still consider my family official members of the Tribe, legal documents & all. (Though to be fair, it legally passes down through the mother so my future kids won't be recognized as members if I don't marry another acknowledge member of the Tribe.)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

3. My family line is proudly African American & Muscogee/"Creek". Claiming that Native Americans aren't going around fighting for better treatment right now is a flat out lie. There are so many Native American self determination groups and civil rights advocacy groups that I wouldn't even know where to begin. This includes the "First Nations" in Canada & the "Amerindians" in the rest of the Americas.

Maybe your specific family doesn't but don't start projecting that on all the rest of us. And yes, I say "us" because the Muscogee still consider my family official members of the Tribe, legal documents & all. (Though to be fair, it legally passes down through the mother so my future kids won't be reco

Do they claim their lives matter over others? NOPE!

1. Huh? The very fact that they've spread awareness has been beneficial.

The KKK has awareness too , that doesnt mean its beneficial

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Man... I'd typed a really long, detailed (boring), and incredible post. Then my connection timed out. Grrr... Ok i'll just say this: If what you say is true, you already are leading by example. That's the best way to make a change. I have no problem with that. (What's an "internet kid"?)

As for "black lives matter", here's what others don't seem to get. This isn't a new movement for us. The name may be new, but we've been facing this same crap since before the Civil War.

1. Before the Civil War, there were "slave patrols". These groups were originally volunteers but eventually they became paid organizations. They also got a fee for every escaped slave they captured & returned. They could & would regularly kill, beat, rape, and mutilate any slaves that they said resisted. Any black person who didn't have his or her papers proving their free status was automatically considered a slave by law.

2. The Fugitive Slave Act made it legal for these slave patrols to operate in the non-slave states. Now any free black person or escaped slave could be rounded up by these slave patrols & "returned" to the slave traders and/or plantations in the slave states. Yes, we literally had to deal with "Papers, please" before the Nazis even existed. And judges got bigger rewards for ruling a black person a "slave" than they did for ruling them "not a slave", so you can see the potential for corruption.

3. After the Civil War, the slave patrols were merged into local law enforcement groups. During the Black Codes, which directly followed the Civl War, any congregation of black people in public was considered a crime. Guess who enforced these laws? That's right, the police. Variations of this practice stayed in place in most municipalities even after the Black Codes were replaced by the Jim Crow laws aka "Segregation" laws (think about "loitering" laws).

4. During the nearly 100 years of Segregation, we were forcefully separated from the white majority in most states. The police & white supremacist groups were the main ones enforcing this. During Segregation, a black person couldn't even testify in court against a white person, much less against a white police officer. So you can see both the potential for abuse & why there was such a low conviction rate for white people in crimes against black people. Hence the need to protest. (Google "lynching postcards" & you'll see just how unafraid white people were of facing prosecution for killing us)

5. From the creation of the FBI through the Civil Rights Movement, the US govt worked with local law enforcement groups through COINTELPRO & similar programs. The federal government has readily admitted to breaking laws back then to crush the Civil Rights Movement. This included murdering the civil rights leader Fred Hampton. Of course, you can look at pictures on google to see who was attacking us, pitting dogs against us, arresting us & beating us during the protests & marches back then.

6. Not long after racial integration was started, the War on Drugs was started. Conveniently, our people are the hardest ones hit by its enforcement & mandatory sentencing laws, even though every study shows we aren't the main drug users or possessors. It was exposed by Gary Webb that Reagan's CIA was pushing coc aine into black communities just as Reagan was expanding the War on Drugs. Coincidence? Then there's the "Stop & Frisk" and "Broken Windows" policies. All you have to do is listen to the advocates of these policies to see that they're directly targeting our communities with them. Bloomberg's said it outright on many occasions!

7. The point is that this stuff isn't new to us. Literally since before the Civil War, our people have been fighting, protesting, marching, holding sit-ins, rioting, and boycotting against brutality by law enforcement & our treatment as a whole. Our leaders have been preaching and giving speeches against it, while our people have been singing Negro Spirituals like "We Shall Overcome" (Negro Spirituals are literally slave songs, most of which have been adopted by modern Gospel music). Yet to this day, we still have to remind our politicians & law enforcement that our lives matter too.

That's the biggest tragedy of this. The fact that it's 2015 & there are still people in America who don't understand why we're having to do this in the first place.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

You act like black people are the only ones discriminated against these days. At this point all peoples or races/religions/whatever's have been discriminated against. The past is past leave it there and move forward or be lost forever in something you can't change... I'm of Irish decent and my folks are only here because we were persecuted at home. Sent as indentured servants over a rebellion against a unruly English crown way back when. I love the EPL and that culture even watch tons of UK produced flix. I have been discriminated against by black folk Hispanics...christians and down right sociopaths in law enforcement. I'm just sick of it too. If we all said we all matter I promise we would get father than just this or that matters

edit on 5-8-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join