It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Cop Killed A White Teen And The #AllLivesMatter Crowd Said Nothing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

On the evening of July 26, Zachary Hammond pulled into the parking lot of a Hardee's in Seneca, South Carolina. Seated next to him was a young woman who had arranged to meet someone there to sell a bag of weed. It's unclear what Hammond knew about the transaction, but neither the 19-year-old nor his passenger had any idea that the buyer was actually an undercover police officer. Moments later, another officer fatally shot Hammond.

What we know about how Hammond ended up dead in a minor marijuana sting depends on whom you believe.

Police say a uniformed officer, on hand to support the undercover cop, was approaching Hammond's vehicle. There's disagreement about what happened next. Seneca Police Chief John Covington says Hammond drove the car at the officer, who, fearing for his life, fired twice into the vehicle, shooting a fatal round into Hammond's upper torso.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Whatever this turns out to be two things are important:

This is happening too many times

..And when anyone is killed white, black, brown doesn’t matter

ALL LIVES MATTER

We need to look at ourselves and this violence needs to stop

edit on Thu Aug 6 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course trimmed long quote

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Pretty sure there was a thread about this already and plenty were angry over it.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Was already a "thread of the day" for somebody else here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The moral outrage over skin color isn't going to apply here. "All lives matter" is lip service, so I can see your point.

But this is hardly flying under the radar.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
All lives matter is a fictional movement...

It's like men jumping in on women's rights and changing a slogan.

It's disgusting.

#BlackLivesMatter

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The propaganda machine keeps on churning this sh*t out.

This is the institutionalized racism some of us have been trying to show you guys on here. That the deaths of black citizens by police brutality is only legitimized when it involves white people too. Then people start paying attention and doing stupid hashtags like #AllLivesMatter.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

No what you just posted is disgusting…you should be ashamed of yourself as well as everyone trying to act like ANY race is more important than another! You gotta be kidding me with the responses these days on ATS… How bout #Don'tLiePolice or #NoThreatNoShots

You're damn right all lives matter and the correction to the popular slogan should have been adopted like…idk…yesterday! To support any racial slogan would further to divide us as a country when what we should be doing is uniting to become one strong nation!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

No what you just posted is disgusting…you should be ashamed of yourself as well as everyone trying to act like ANY race is more important than another! You gotta be kidding me with the responses these days on ATS… How bout #Don'tLiePolice or #NoThreatNoShots

You're damn right all lives matter and the correction to the popular slogan should have been adopted like…idk…yesterday! To support any racial slogan would further to divide us as a country when what we should be doing is uniting to become one strong nation!

The fact that you deride the slogan, the current and only slogan rightly, says you want nothing of unity & know absolutely nothing about the symbology behind the phrase.

I don't care about your outrage or disgust either.
You advocate movement hijacking...
Your disgusting.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Ha…glad you put that out there for all to see. Enjoy feeding into the divisive culture that we live in. I'm done with you…

I guess in your opinion Black Lives are all that matters the rest be damned…

I'm advocating that all lives matter and the insane police brutality needs to end regardless of race color, or religion. You act like they tried to change a copyrighted exclusive slogan or trademark. All they did was put things into proper perspective. Get real kid your life my life and everyone else's matters just as much as any black life.

Sorry…now I'm done!
edit on 5-8-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This has been making the rounds slowly but will not get big until the video is released. Police say he drove toward them, the family lawyer says he was shot from the side but, the medical report is not out yet. So basically it is a waiting to see what happened.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I'm white so I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
BlackLivesMatter is a movement that calls for justice when police brutality against black people isn't punished...
Not whether it's newsworthy or more important than white people brown people or little green men...

What you're advocating is the equivalent of someone with testicular cancer saying well breast cancer is bad but we should just focus on cancer and not the type...
& it's illogical.

Do you advocate that women's rights movements cater to men?
Do you advocate that LGBT cater to straight people?

Surely not because only a buffoon would do so.

Everyone knows all lives matter...
& no one has said any differently.

#FreeTibet

No no no, free everywhere...

You see the flaw in that logic?

I have a million more examples but I know you're intelligent enough to comprehend now I've spelled it out.

If not, yes we are done here.
edit on 5-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It has never been about them mattering any more then other lives.

Only those that want to distort that say it.

Pretty simple.
edit on thWed, 05 Aug 2015 16:24:48 -0500America/Chicago820154880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
To support any racial slogan would further to divide us as a country when what we should be doing is uniting to become one strong nation!

If my hashtag is #mensrights, am I dividing the country along gender lines?
If it's #LGBTrights, an I hating on straight people?

I'm surprised how many people find #BlackLivesMatter to be politically incorrect.

Charlie! You read my mind! LOL!

edit on 8/5/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So what I get from the story and that Mr Hammond probably did indeed try to drive off, and the officer fired into the window as he was passing by.

Maybe he did actually get close to hitting the officer, so the officer jumped to the side and then proceeded to shoot into the car after it was already past him (at this point the officer is not in any more danger).

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Am I the only one getting tired of the "white man killed, where is the media outrage" threads?? I'm not trying to derail your thread, but honestly it's pi$$ing into the wind if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Actually I do see the logic. I also see the problem being people just like you. I didn't bring up your race cause to be quite frank it didn't matter. What I am saying is you and people like you are creating and feeding into these divisions. What can't all human lives matter, Why can't everyones freedom matter? Why do we need a separate movement to divide our power as a whole to fight for each one? Is it because you think one or more are more important than others? I see them as all important and all should be equally fought for…don't you? Your attempt at logic and argument on the point is failing miserably and it's obvious for all to see. Those that like to divide us want nothing less than 1,000 different movements because none will truly gain a large enough group to fight for it because they are all divided. Then we all argue about what is more important rather than seeing we are billions strong and those opposed to the very things that black, white, hispanic, native american, and any other race want will have an easier go at defending those same policies and decisions that go against the very nature of all humans rights not his earth. I digress though I don't think you'll ever get that.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Has nothing to do with politically anything it has to do with things of that nature being divisive and the fact that if it was for all people more people would be fighting for such things. Those kind of statements are why it's so easy for our government to control us and implement policies that are harmful or not in our best interest. I could give 2 sh*ts if it was black white brown, or as charlie said green people. They all matter! why are people so stubborn or dense that they can't see how that type of thing shoots themselves in the foot.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

It's disgusting.

#BlackLivesMatter

African Americans make up 12.6% of the U.S. population2 but the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that black women accounted for 35.4% of all abortions in 2009. 3. The Guttmacher Institute (AGI) puts the percentage of black abortions at 30% of the U.S. total.

Then where are they on that?

Seems a bit hypocritical , and I know your stance on Abortion too.....

This whole blacklives matter is agenda driven , not equality driven

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
Am I the only one getting tired of the "white man killed, where is the media outrage" threads?? I'm not trying to derail your thread, but honestly it's pi$$ing into the wind if you ask me.

I concur. They are an eyesore.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Yeah I get it...

You have a problem with separate movements fighting for separate causes.

The problem is people like yourself who won't stand behind #BlackLivesMatter simply because they don't agree with your ideology of its all or nothing.
Well it's not your movement.
Start a movement.
Good luck with that.

But you'll need a specific cause, and I don't think everyone for everything and every right will catch on because there is not much in the way of symbolic discussion in such a forum.

It's what is known as a "free for all".

Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

It's disgusting.

#BlackLivesMatter

African Americans make up 12.6% of the U.S. population2 but the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that black women accounted for 35.4% of all abortions in 2009. 3. The Guttmacher Institute (AGI) puts the percentage of black abortions at 30% of the U.S. total.

Then where are they on that?

Seems a bit hypocritical , and I know your stance on Abortion too.....

This whole blacklives matter is agenda driven , not equality driven

It's cause driven, not agenda driven.

There are movements against abortion and black on black crime as well.

This is for neither of those causes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join