It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Tennessee movie theater; suspect dead

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19664286]marg6043[/post

Wow, I'm surprised you took my post that way. I'm not upset in the least, or feel any type of animosity, or dislike, or any other negative. My bad. It might have come across that way; if so it surely was unintentional.

Just another day on ATS. : ) -- Two different viewpoints.

The only thing I was a little edgy about with that post, is that I was treading a little too far off topic, and OP's don't always appreciate that. Never occurred to me you would take it as a personal thing. Sorry.

: (

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Is ok, ladyinwaiting I guess I may have been a littler bit off on the post, I am to a point in my life that I want to be as happy as I can be so my blood pressure doesn't get high.

I am just jokingnow.

No hard feelings.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The media only reports based on agenda

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-8-2015 by sophie87 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2015 by sophie87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Momof7

I remember when asylums were legal operating facilities, they used to look like jails, many instances the people were admitted for good reasons, but many times abuses were also reported and one of the reasons they where closed and that is more available treatment for those that are in need of treatment.

I also remember those days which is kind of my point. No school shootings, no mass theater/restaurant/mall killings. I understand your point about the abuses. There need to be checks and balances along with an appeal process, but to me they threw the baby out with the bath water and now we have a real mess. I believe that it is very likely there would be a much lower number of people who would need to be locked away now than back then due to the advances in medication and treatment, but there is still a need imho.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Momof7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I agree, we need places where people can get treatment that otherwise are no available due to no been able to afford it, the only places now that are for mentally ill people are for those with the money to afford them.

Many people with mental problems and under a doctors treatment fail when it comes to taking their medications in time, others just stop taking medications because the side effects.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I agree, we need places where people can get treatment that otherwise are no available due to no been able to afford it, the only places now that are for mentally ill people are for those with the money to afford them.

Many people with mental problems and under a doctors treatment fail when it comes to taking their medications in time, others just stop taking medications because the side effects.

There is places they can go to get help there are plenty of mental hospitals. We just don't want to return to the days of insane asylums, they were very bad we don't want to revisit that. Think about it your creating a prison for the mentally ill. Like all things the government does asylums changed from treating patients to just housing them. Institutions became filthy and had deplorable conditions. Patients were regularly abused and neglected.Realize someone mentally ill can't even know if a guard is doing something they shouldn't or when they did know threatened and medicated. sexual abuse was rapant.

Now there is modern facilities and the state will pay for someone to be their if the judge thinks it's needed. But they just can't grab people off the street like the old days. The cops used them to hold people whenever they wanted, It became a second jail.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join