It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Tennessee movie theater; suspect dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

If we're going from our inner theorist, 2 theater type shootings in 2 weeks while the Batman shooter is in court is like the system pumping all it can out of Batman. The Tennessee shooter so far has been described as middle aged. Let me guess another drifter? Those types are so hard to grab and wind up right? At least thats what my inner theorist says lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Look...it's like this, once the media saw how people responded to loonies doing bad sh*t and how big the ratings got, they started reporting on it more. Good stories are cool and all, but nothing like insanity and violence to sell the show. I have a brother that is an EMT in Richmond VA...look up their crime stats they're among the top in the US and have been for over a decades. These types of things have been happening for quite a while and usually have a mundane explaination as to why (motive), but once they figured out a way to sensationalize these events and blow them out of proportion they started using them more. That combined with the fact money runs media just like our government made the perfect storm as far as propaganda goes. This is why these things seem to go on more often than they used to.

Overall crime is down, well the violent sort, in the US...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Am I to understand no one was shot, and yet we're calling this guy a shooter? He assaulted someone with a hatchet. That makes him a murderer, if that person dies. NOT a shooter.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LunaticPandora

Nope. The movie theater is perfectly within it's rights to ban weapons and implement airport like "security zones"; just as you are perfectly within your rights to not go to the movie theater.

Me? I would feel safer knowing that there may be a bad guy with a gun in the theater as opposed to knowing that there are 100+ John Wayne wannabes with itchy, paranoid trigger fingers.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Long story short don't go to the movies anymore.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

No, it wasn't rhetorical.
Thanks, those are excellent points.

Million dollar idea up for grabs, Kevlar movie seats.

Lets Kick start this biatch today folks, we could become a company.

We could call it even call it ATS.

Advanced theater seats. inc.

link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: theantediluvian
Am I to understand no one was shot, and yet we're calling this guy a shooter? He assaulted someone with a hatchet. That makes him a murderer, if that person dies. NOT a shooter.

I think he did actually shot at the police, so technically a shooter.

link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Long story short don't go to the movies anymore.

Good news for Netflix.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

We need to legalize self defense in this country. If the theater can't provide adequate security then the patrons should be allowed, by law, to protect themselves.

Even if one of the movie-goers were armed, they may not have been justified in using a firearm. Depending on the laws of the state, you have to be in a situation where your life is in imminent danger. If he had only wielded the hatchet and had not produced the firearm, the case could be made that there was no reason to use a firearm in self defense.

We will have to wait for the facts to come out, but we have to be very careful and follow the laws perfectly when it comes to firearms and self defense.
edit on 5-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Most states with good CCW laws allow for the protection of oneself and other in imminent danger of serious bodily harm.

A hatchet is a deadly weapon. No jury, unless the laws in that particular state are that awful, would convict someone for ending a deadly criminal threat with a legally owned firearms and valid CCW permit.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

We would hope that would be the case. I'm just saying that those of us that carry and advocate for 2nd amendment rights walk a very fine line and it is a must that we know the laws perfectly.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mysticrecluse

Is been a few movies and tv show that while they are fictional it shows that this type of programs can be used to get easily susceptible individuals to act on commands.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Justaposter

Yes, apparently he shot at the police. It's sounding so far like he went in with the intent of pepper spraying moviegoers so he could attack them with a hatchet and that the only shots fired by the attacker were at the police.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
And if the shooter has bombs strapped to his/herself, could be catastrophic outcome.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The hatchet man because he didn't shoot anyone, was wearing a surgical mask and from what I'm hearing threw Capsicum oil gas canisters as it floated in air?. The guy on TV keeps calling it chemical pepper spray. It's either cs/cn or oc unless he made it himself.

The main bad guy in Mad Max Immortan Joe wears a mask, the characters also mostly use melee type weapons.
edit on 5-8-2015 by TheLasersShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLasersShadow

Sometimes I wonder how far" the powers that be" will sacrificed some for good of their agendas, guns has been a very touchy subject for many years, but the agenda behind is not been accepted like the powers wants, so what will take for people to give away their rights.

just my conspirators mind talking here

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Are you typifying all concealed carriers as "John Wayne wannabes"? That's a pretty broad brush for a subset of society that chooses to ability to protect themselves and loved ones. Funny how a theater may elect to not allow firearms on their property, but those that seek killing and mayhem don't follow the rules or laws. Kinda like the Colorado shooter on trial now.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
On a side note, though, I always concealed-carry when I'm at a movie theater, even though there are (tiny, poorly placed) graphics on some doors saying that guns are not allowed. But I'll be damned if I'm going to a trapped sitting duck just because the owners think that these murderous criminals are going to abide by the tiny sticker on the door.

It's not going to be Officer Doofus staring at the teenage girls who is going to protect me, that's for sure.

So you think random moviegoers should start shooting in a dark & crowded theater? That only increases the possibility of innocent bystanders getting injured or killed.

Why not have the simple solution of security & metal detectors at every entrance? Then everyone who makes it inside knows they're safe & can focus on the movie?
edit on 5-8-2015 by enlightenedservant because: grammar. grrr...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: TheLasersShadow

Sometimes I wonder how far" the powers that be" will sacrificed some for good of their agendas, guns has been a very touchy subject for many years, but the agenda behind is not been accepted like the powers wants, so what will take for people to give away their rights.

just my conspirators mind talking here

That leaves a lot of faith in the movie trigger theory that it would not only affect someone, but someone carrying a hatchet, guns and pepper spray...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well WHO was this guy?

Waiting for the punch line.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join