It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore's new film: "Where to Invade Next"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Anyone see that, Mr., "not one of the 99%" is selling his Michigan lake house for 5.2 million?

Hypocrite housing blowout near Detroit

With this new, "Outrageous" movie explaining what we all already know, but feel powerless to change, maybe he can move down to Texas with his money making cohorts!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Spin.......Look at the amount of employees at defense contractors and the amount of money they contribute to the GDP. We spend billions and billions on defense and if you just stopped doing this the economy would crash.

Your ideology is blinding you..........TPTB did this for a reason......See the bigger picture? Please educate yourself and watch Eisenhower's speech and understand the point I am making. You can lead a horse to water......Kinda thing.

That's only assuming we don't spend any of the money on other things. For example, why can't the money that was used in defense contracts be instead used for programs that build a smart electric grid? Or take every penny we would've spent on maintaining overseas military bases & channel that money into building a network of desalination plants?

Those are just random examples. But the point is it doesn't have to be a zero sum situation. Our economy won't collapse if we stop spending money on the MIC because that unspent money can still be spent on domestic programs & domestic contracts. The only ones who stand to lose from us defunding the MIC are investors in the defense industry & powerbrokers who like to use our military & defense contractors for their own benefit.

It would be like the workers in the asbestos industry saying the economy would've collapsed if asbestos was banned. Asbestos was still banned & the workforce found jobs in other industries. The only people really hurt from defunding the asbestos industry were the investors.

edit on 7-8-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2015 by enlightenedservant because: grrr clarification my post needed

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I am surprised that no one has posted this yet. Michael Moore is a complete douche. He is dishonest, is a liar, a hypocrite, and a master manipulator of the public. Not good at all for society as a whole.

Take the time to watch this full documentary and you will see the real Michael Moore.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-8-2015 by Starbuck799 because: (no reason given)

(post by LeslieD removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

edit on Sat Aug 8 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

...pretty much says it all about how I feel concerning moore and his ilk. If your going to complain about the "elite 1%" then....probably a good idea not to be one. Give all your wealth to charity and be a poor slob. What a hypocrite, along with all the other "money and power is bad, except when its mine" people.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LeslieD

Or you could look at it this way, I would rather be over prepared to squash the ass*oles burning people in ovens.....You know...the NAZIS, the ones that walked over almost all of Europe?

Good, "I'M GLAD" they over spent. That's why there isn't a giant swastika blowing in everyone lawns.

There comes some times when you need to whip out the whoop ass stick on a major level, and that was one of those times.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You are prepared to contradict a two times medal of honor winner?

What is your thesis? Do you have some observable experience that would contradict the General?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sir Chill --

He never commented on WWII READ before you comment. He DIED before WWII .....

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Regardless of the message, all negative reviews of MM are astonishing.

A huge disperportunate number of haters almost exclusively because of his looks, that he is fat, that he is evil,... etc etc etc.

Yet when he recieved his first Oscar, what was his statement again? Anyone remember? Anyone want to attack his looks or demeanor for that?

Boggles me how people are so duped into hatred and partisanship as well as shoot the messenger tactics.

I find it so rare that most people cant hear the message nor get past the person.

I dont care if you like his stuff, on the fence, hate his stuff, or just dont care.

The message I receive is plain and simple freedom of speech as an American.

I know and expect many to counter with reams of facts designed to implicate me for thus. Or try to change me.

But this is exactly what our government and political elected leaders hope for. Someone who is not of the Barbie and Ken mentality that can easily be criticized and take the heat and eyeballs of of them.

Now, lets all stand in line and reaffirm international terrorist laws that we can apply to the general population....
edit on 7-8-2015 by smirkley because: Sp sp sp grammar

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Eh, it's nothing new. Read George Orwell's "1984". It's part of the political playbook for a lot of countries, including Russia. Except some them can't have a real war, so they make gestures, like firing off a missile, or warning that a war that will never come is just around the corner. It's understood that in a world which is drowning in AK-47s, the only path to victory is when the locals really LIKE your invasion, as in Crimea.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That's only assuming we don't spend any of the money on other things.

Exactly.

The examples you provided are awesome; we could also solve poverty and homelessness, bring back general manufacturing, etc.

Thanks for your post.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

[“There’s] this constant need it seems to always have an enemy — where’s the next enemy so we can keep this whole military industrial complex alive, and keep the companies that make a lot of money from this in business.

If I recall correctly, Colonel Philip Corso made the same statement in his book, "The Day After Roswell."

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Buzzy,
I just watched this movie last night, and was going to write a thread about it.

Personally I believe that anyone living in North America should see it.
If anybody wants to discuss the move, that has SEEN the movie...I would be very interested.

The impression we get over here (of other countries) seems really biased and almost propaganda-ish. So many countries concerned with the well-being of the people...compared to countries that 'talk the talk' but are failing to 'walk the walk'.
(I'm talking U.S. and Canada both)

We are taxed to death in Canada, literally. Quality of life is a phrase, not a priority.
Our food is garbage, our society is sick and people are numbing themselves increasingly.

I don't care how anybody feels about Michael Moore himself...the topics in his latest movie are definitely worth discussing.
jacy

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Is it on youtube? Netflix?

I intended to watch it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join