It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore's new film: "Where to Invade Next"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Funny the man bared from buffets across the country, is being critical about invading anything..........(sorry buzzy love ya)

Ill watch it just to see what he says, but I wont lie, it will be free
edit on 8/5/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Nicely put!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Nicely put and I agree

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I like Michael Moore.

Do I subscribe to his promotions? Not entirely.

Do I pay to watch his movies? Not yet.

Why do I like him?

Compared to the propaganda drivel that network news incessantly spews out as facts, MMoores "conspiracies" at minimum give you pause to think. Think!! The word think does not translate into following unquestionable someone with a 'different' view on things.

Moore is an example of someone fully flexing their freedom of speech. If more people did that more consensus could be achieved overall. But alas, not many people really use their freedom of speech and opinion, short of hiding behind their screens under an assumed name and propagating their own drivel like it is fact. That is why his movie machine prints money.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
'American needs a permanent war economy. '

-Charles Wilson, CEO General Motors, c.1945

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Gen Clark said

“We’re going to take out seven countries in 5 years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran”

I would pick one of the above nations

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Michael Moore has never made a documentary. He makes infomercials.
Like his capitalism infomercial. You know. The one he sold and distributed at a substantial profit.

Come on. Nearly all media meant for consumption has a bias or a slant. You will find that most documentaries are biased in some way, and that it isn't only a Michael Moore thing.

As long as one is aware that they are not getting the full picture while watching documentaries, there is nothing to worry about.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Read these stats a few weeks ago:

Since WWII there have been 248 armed conflicts globally. Out of those 248, we (the USA) started 201, or 81%.

Since then we have killed over 30 million people, more than Hitler's Germany.

A vast majority of those deaths are innocent people, including children and elderly.

Here is one of the top links Google comes back with regarding those stats...

Link

That's pretty damn sad. What's even more sad is that most of it is perpetrated for profit.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The answer to the question "Where to invade next" is given in Scahill's Dirty Wars.
Nowhere is the answer.
Invasion is so old school, it gets other countries upset.
The new model is using small undercover groups to hit targets anywhere.
It's undeclared and perpetual war - the best kind according to the arms manufacturers.
Slow but steady growth market instead of the boom and bust of invasions.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
Read these stats a few weeks ago:

Since WWII there have been 248 armed conflicts globally. Out of those 248, we (the USA) started 201, or 81%.

A vast majority of those deaths are innocent people, including children and elderly.

Here is one of the top links Google comes back with regarding those stats...

Link

That's pretty damn sad. What's even more sad is that most of it is perpetrated for profit.

Id say your stats here are a bit off just looked there was 42 active conflicts in 2014. how many involved the USA one. Couldn't find 2013 but in 2012 there was 51 two of which involved the USA. So I think the stats here are bias just a bit.
edit on 8/6/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
i for one will never watch any of this P.O.S's mocumentaries..All he does is twist the truth to fit his own agenda he is just in it for the money... like the fact that he made millions making a movie about flint Michigan telling everybody it is ok because he is from flint..bu^^*#&T.. he is not from flint he..he is from a cozy little town known as davison mi. just like when he said that all people that work for GM should be locked up for life because of the ignition problem..he has no problem bashing GM yet he never says how GM paid for his huge belly sense both of his parents and grand parent are GM retires, as well as his uncle being one of the first UAW union members..but ya know its all a twist of the truth just for him to make a buck

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

It's worth being careful about these statistics. They've been circulating for a few years and it's hard to say how they were generated. Could they be one-sided? For example, the first Gulf War involved an ongoing conflict that the US (and allies) stepped in on. So would all the deaths from that war be down to the US or the US and its allies? Or would the deaths be down to Iraq, the US, allies, Kuwaitis and Kurds?

Not every conflict the US has been involved in was started by them.

I'd also like to see how the claimants define 'started.' There's no denying that the US has been up to its neck in regional and international politics and conflicts forever, but it undermines any points if exaggerated statistics are used. Do they call 'military operations' the same thing as 'starting conflict?'

'30 million' seems a high figure. It's about 470 thousand per year (1945-2012) being attributed to the US alone which averages at 1300 per day. Notice that I'm not dismissing these numbers and not saying they're wrong. I'm wondering where they come from, where are the citations and how they've been authenticated??

Regarding Moore's forthcoming movie, he's probably right about the choice/s of nation/s in line for the next US-led conflict. We're in a growing Cold war with Russia (again) and it'd be like two birds with one stone hitting a Middle Eastern nation that has ties to Russia - a proxy conflict that suits our Western needs in the ME. It'll inevitably be someone in the ME because South America is no longer a political threat to anything, China's too important for open conflict and the Middle East holds all the strategic significance without posing any significant threat to US and allies.

I don't think we'd really give a crap about Islamic State because they're doing such a great job of destabilising the ME. They'll make a great excuse for attacking a nation for political capital and, perhaps, arming their opponents suits the needs of the 'alleged' military-industrial complex and its corporate lobbyists?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm guessing Iran, than Greece.

You heard me. The trick will be in converting one of the most beloved and ancient cultures on the planet into cartoon supervillain "evildoers."

I'm thinking we are up to the challenge. Take that, Zeus!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Related: The film, "Wag the dog". The US goes to Hollywood and films a fictional war to distract Americans. Great flick.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Danke

Thanks for clarifying, but I still think it's moot and a waste of time. Now - if he makes movies about them after-the-fact, that's a different thing. But the American Empire thing that is going on right now warrants more attention.

Actually that was an excellent point and one of the best responses in this thread. Mainly because this medium was not around at that time.

These types of films are not actual documentaries, but opinion pieces so basically dont end up changing too many minds. They are usually a simplistic way of viewing things and just seems easier to call them documentaries...lol.

That said, i only watched maybe one or two of his movies and that was a long time ago. From an artistic standpoint with the low budget look, the narration and presentation were really a first...as far as i am aware of, in that particular style. So basically at one time he was at the top of his game there so understandable they would be successful.

As far as this topic, i am not a fan of war by any means but we live and have lived in a dangerous world and the way poor people are treated (i mean people who actually need help to survive) has, more so in the past, been deplorable. And even if you go back to pre and around the time of WW2 things could have turned out sooooooooooooo much worse. Just look at turn of the century England and actually Oliver Twist was more of a documentary than anything else. I bring that example up just because most are aware of that these days but there is so much more people are not aware of.

Best thing is for people to broaden their awareness of the past and the only way is to dig deep and NOT focus on the U.S because everyone knows so much about the U.S and is so well documented. The things you will find are very bleak. In the 40s and 50s, probably way past that just impossible to get much info., in Asian countries as an example human rights were just horrible. And the wars that the U.S was not involved in and even before the U.S was formed were blood fests.

For that matter look at what goes on in SouthCentral American countries to this day and magnify that x1000 to understand what it must have been like throughout history.

Basically, people dont have the awareness (wherewithal) to ponder 'what if there had not been a U.S' so it is what it is. I guess in the simplest terms we are actually luckily ritualistic cannibalism has largely been eradicated.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The truth is beauty until the truth hits too close to home.

If anything MM holds a mirror to us all; he showed us what we have done and what we are capable of doing. He and his colleagues have done a good job of retrieving archive footage to show the side of the story that the MSM doesn't want us to see and that's probably the best aspect of his work.

Like him or not, he takes a stand. A stand that his most virulent opposition would appreciate if they sat down and watched his work.

edit on 6-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

in 1983 I was a young teenager. A friend of mine had moved away the year prior and invited me to visit him in California...the Mojave desert mid-summer. Being from the mid-west I was shocked by the heat...100++. His father was some kind of planner for the military. My friends house's back yard backed up onto the desert. The first afternoon I was there we were playing just past the "backyard" in the desert, seeing if we could find scorpions...and we did..when all of a sudden three huge helicopters roared across the desert and dozens of soldiers repelled out and began jogging full-gear across the middle of the desert. It was easily 105-110 degrees. It looked like insanity to me. My friend said it was routine and they were training every day. At dinner we mentioned it to my friends father..and he looked at me dead serious and said "the next war we fight is going to be in the desert". In 1983...10 years after pulling out of viet-nam (jungle warfare) and 7 full years before the first Gulf war...It seemed like a bizarre thing to say. But our military was preparing for those desert wars nearly a decade away and knew it was "next". That experience always stuck with me. He was right and our military was preparing for a desert war almost a decade before the "sudden" crisis in the gulf led to the first gulf war.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: BuzzyWigsIt seems the U.S. can't exist without internal and external conflict. Makes one wonder if the whole damn country would collapse if there were no domestic or foreign enemies left to fight.

youtu.be...
edit on 6-8-2015 by rollanotherone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

How can you trust a man that is a complete sellout and liar? I am a big believer in separating the message from the messenger but this man is such a sell out progressive liar I cannot do that anymore. I am against this ever growing military industrial complex Eisenhower warned about in his farewell speech.....I get it.

Mr. Moore is a coward,liar,shill,idealist progressive pushing puppet..........Even if he was telling me the sky was blue I would not listen anymore because of what he is.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Then read Scahill. Same message, different messenger.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join