It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore's new film: "Where to Invade Next"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Do you understand the logistics of warfare, especially back then? The Germans literally brought the war TO the Russians, they had no choice but to expend a lot of manpower.

Did you expect the US to fight the Japanese, produce 200,000 Studebakers for the Russians(which was critical to the Russian defenses), and expend more manpower than the Russians as well?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

And NO ONE (with the exception of 9/11) has brought a war "to us."
But there is lots of animosity now, which is - in my opinion - CAUSED by the war mentality.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You seem bitter. Are you still upset about that whole revolutionary war thing?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Bluntone22

I have no problem with criticism, I actually encourage questioning the leadership. They should answer for their decisions.
what I don't like is this type of movie that only tells the story from one point of view. That's why I call his movies infomercials, they are designed to sell their specific point of view. Not present the whole story.

What other "point of view" would be valid? The Pentagon's and Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld club?

Moore gets his support from the Welfare side of the Welfare-Warfare State. The Welfare side came first from Otto von Bismark in the 1880's. The permanent Warfare side came later after central banks could print unlimited money for the greater good of the greater number. ( collectivism )

Moore's message is to use the government the good way. But the net result of more desire to use the State, even for a good reason, is more money for whoever gets elected down the road.

The plutocrats are always closer to the power than the citizen will ever be. So this movie is funding the War in 2030, give or take an election.

And the War in 2030 might be the UN versus States Rights raw milk producers.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well sure if you want to just ignore your allies cries for help you can think nobody has brought a war to us. There was that whole attack on Pearl Harbor thing as well...
edit on 5-8-2015 by Danke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'm saying he makes a movie about capitalism being evil and then proceeds to make millions using capitolism.
That's like a Peta convention serving steak.

"Examine what is said, not him who speaks." - Sufi proverb

...or their actions.

I must admit, Moore "reaches" at times, but the information he shares is not personal opinion. He weighs facts and presents it in a way the speaks to the layman...and it resonates with the minds of those who already are aware of these things before Moore's documentaries. Basically, the rest of the world are happy that there is an American such as Michael Moore to keep the overall American society on par with the information with the rest of the global community concerning foreign policies.

Some Americans ignorantly believe the information they are presented concerning foreign policy is shared and accepted globally...

Again, the world is very happy that there is a Michael Moore using the teachings of Edward Bernays for something positive for a change. It's almost an "Art of War" move...

edit on 5-8-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

link   

originally posted by: Danke
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Do you understand the logistics of warfare, especially back then? The Germans literally brought the war TO the Russians, they had no choice but to expend a lot of manpower.

Did you expect the US to fight the Japanese, produce 200,000 Studebakers for the Russians(which was critical to the Russian defenses), and expend more manpower than the Russians as well?

I know what the logistics of how that war worked and that's why the Russians were more important towards stopping the Nazis than America. The US didn't have as much at stake as all the other participants of the war, and you appear to agree that Russia DEFINITELY had more at stake than America.
edit on 5-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Michael Moore has never made a documentary. He makes infomercials.
Like his capitalism infomercial. You know. The one he sold and distributed at a substantial profit.

Does that mean his documentaries are incorrect? Like most people that attempt to get the truth out he suffers from an amazing amount of ad hominem attacks, I try to ignore him and focus on the message.

Otherwise I might as well scorn a collected works of Shakespeare because I don't like the paperstock they are printed on..........

Moore's movies often have interesting parts for everybody, but the total package conveys a benevolent control meme.

There is no independent individualism possible or conceivable in Moore's movies.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Well sure if you want to just ignore your allies cries for help you can think nobody has brought a war to us. There was that whole attack on Pearl Harbor thing as well...

Can we focus on the 21st century, please?

I don't know where you are, but trying to defend America's ongoing war crime activity is ridiculous.
We aren't "speaking German", and no Muslims are trying to overthrow our country (can't say the same for Christians, but that's not the topic, at least not directly).

I'm far more concerned that we are giving money to Israel when THEY are the warmongers. That we are bombing wedding parties and blowing up civilians. ISIS sucks, yes, and needs to be stopped. But so does extreme evangelical Christianity suck and need to be stopped.

edit on 8/5/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

So the bad guys we need to focus on right now are the US, Israel, and Christians?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

So the bad guys we need to focus on right now are the US, Israel, and Christians?

Israel, Evangelical Christians (like John Hagee, Ted Cruz, Santorum, Perry, Brownback, et al), and ISIS are on the short list, yes. Also Wall Street and the banks.

As far the US goes, the current military activity is not helping. It's making things worse, costing more, and exacerbating already horrible situations.

Diplomacy is the answer. I'd far rather have the Iran nuclear deal than be 'held hostage' by Israel. At least then the US is being non-partisan. Netanyahu is a psycho on par with Qadaffi. He needs to be booted out of the house.

We have millions of people unemployed, hungry, homeless, and suffering RIGHT HERE. Our infrastructure and education systems are suffering. But we send $40 BILLION to Bibi because he pitches a fit?

edit on 8/5/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I agree with a lot of what you said. You can generalize and blame Wall street and the banks, but the reality is that greed is the main problem.

Banks aren't a bad thing by themselves. Greedy humans running banks can turn them into bad things though.

Wall Street isn't a bad thing. Greedy humans manipulating markets all in the endless pursuit for more money is a bad thing however.

It all comes down to greed, and unfortunately humans are inherently greedy.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Michael Moore is good people. Most of his work is great

I’ll gladly watch and support it

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Michael Moore is good people. Most of his work is great

I’ll gladly watch and support it

I can't speak as to what kind of person he is, but I will watch his documentary when I feel like getting around to it. Probably not much in it that I do not already know, but it's good he is bringing that info in to the mainstream.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Israel, Evangelical Christians (like John Hagee, Ted Cruz, Santorum, Perry, Brownback, et al), and ISIS are on the short list, yes. Also Wall Street and the banks.

As far the US goes, the current military activity is not helping. It's making things worse, costing more, and exacerbating already horrible situations.

Diplomacy is the answer. I'd far rather have the Iran nuclear deal than be 'held hostage' by Israel. At least then the US is being non-partisan. Netanyahu is a psycho on par with Qadaffi. He needs to be booted out of the house.

We have millions of people unemployed, hungry, homeless, and suffering RIGHT HERE. Our infrastructure and education systems are suffering. But we send $40 BILLION to Bibi because he pitches a fit?

I think you are being very naïve. Research the origins of the Federal Reserve. Research the origins of modern Israel. You will find that Israel is America. The money is going from one Jewish pioneered system to another. It is NOT your money. Did you make and print it?

You are happy to diss Israel and forsake them, but I tell you if you were stripped of everything pioneered by Jews in your country you would be back to the stone age. If the Jewish financiers pulled out you would have a recession and social breakdown like nothing ever seen before and a stronger power would dominate you.

That is the reality, like it or not. Try living as a Muslim woman in Pakistan and see which you prefer.

Would you really forsake those who have pioneered and founded your Nation's development? They are not doing this because they are a bunch of murderers. It is done out of necessity.

This is what your enemy thinks of you:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

This looks like a post partially inspired by Zeitgeist and partially inspired by xenophobia. You DO know that the Jews aren't the only people who run the banks in the world, right? Not to mention, complaining about Israel != complaining about Jews.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Pretty much. People fear things they don't/can't understand. Unfortunately for the Jews they generally partake in very complex activities that can easily be misconstrued as evil by the average person. They are a very easy target for the ignorant masses to focus on which is why they have been persecuted all throughout history.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This looks like a post partially inspired by Zeitgeist and partially inspired by xenophobia. You DO know that the Jews aren't the only people who run the banks in the world, right? Not to mention, complaining about Israel != complaining about Jews.

No, it is inspired by fact. It is real. You KNOW it. Look what symbolism is on the dollar.

If people hate Israel that much stop using the Federal dollar then and try your own system. Kick out the horrid Jews, forsake Israel, see how strong you are then.

More than happy to take the money while at the same time blaming who gave you the system. My advice, and this is the last I will say about it, DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU otherwise one day it might just decide not to feed you any more.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
No, it is inspired by fact. It is real. You KNOW it. Look what symbolism is on the dollar.

Lol ok. If you say so. I think the NWO conspiracy that you are flirting with is impossible, but hey if you want to see things that aren't there, that's on you.

If people hate Israel that much stop using the Federal dollar then and try your own system. Kick out the horrid Jews, forsake Israel, see how strong you are then.

There you go again, crossing Jews with banking. Seriously, Zeitgeist is a propaganda film! Stop buying into it!

More than happy to take the money while at the same time blaming who gave you the system. My advice, and this is the last I will say about it, DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU otherwise one day it might just decide not to feed you any more.

The Jews didn't give anyone the banking system. The banking system was invented by the Templars to help pilgrims heading to Jerusalem during the Crusades time so that they didn't get robbed on the way.

The only reason Jews have become synonymous with banking today is because the Catholic Church outlawed other Christians from having any professions that didn't produce anything as well as considering usury a sin. THEN they didn't let Jews have any traditional jobs because of xenophobia, so all that was left for the Jews to do was things like banking. So that's what they started doing. TODAY though people of all races, religions, and creeds are at the top levels of banking. To pretend like its just those "evil joos" is xenophobic and bigoted.

History son. Go learn it.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well there was Granada and Panama.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join