It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore's new film: "Where to Invade Next"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah, you are right. We really should have minded our own business and let Hitler conquer all of Europe.

1) You were attacked and were forced into WW2. You did not enter out of charity.

2) The USA and its key allies were under direct threat.

3) If the USA had just stopped at Korea nobody would be complaining.

Its called restraint. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Yeah, you are right. We really should have minded our own business and let Hitler conquer all of Europe.

Noooo! Thank Heavens for the U.S. We in Britain would be marching to Wagner or holed up in deepest darkest Siberia eating black bread with Stalin if not for Uncle Sam!

Go Elvis!

I doubt it with the NAZI

We ruined any chance of Germany's invasion long before the US showed up.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Hehe exactly

There is a big push right now to paint anything that the US has done and is doing in a bad light. Oh well, it's not like there is a saying related to doom when it comes to forgetting history or anything

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

That is incorrect. It's not a push to paint everything America has ever done in a bad light, its a push to show ALL of America's history, warts and all. The reason so much of this history is negative, is because America has spent so long only teaching the good parts of American history while neglecting the bad. So naturally all the new information is going to look lopsided.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah man totally...

I always look to you Brits for advice when it comes to restraint. Your illustrious history of never messing with anybody else is truly heroic.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yeah man totally...

I always look to you Brits for advice when it comes to restraint. Your illustrious history of never messing with anybody else is truly heroic.

Unlike you I fully accept the UK history and current practice of meddling and speak out against it.

But the OP is not about Britain is it? Make another thread and I will totally support you.

Least in the UK we accept whats wrong without being labeled unpatriotic.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Noooo! Thank Heavens for the U.S. We in Britain would be marching to Wagner or holed up in deepest darkest Siberia eating black bread with Stalin if not for Uncle Sam!

Go Elvis!

I doubt it with the NAZI

Oh come on. We were seriously screwed. The U.S turned the war around for us. We were Nazi or Commie meat for sure.

But back to the subject in hand...MM and his shiny new film...

(Start a thread about it if you like. Something like: Did the U.S save Britain and Europe from Nazi or Communist Domination?)
edit on 5-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Go Elvis!

I doubt it with the NAZI

Oh come on. We were seriously screwed. The U.S turned the war around for us. We were Nazi or Commie meat for sure.

(Start a thread about it if you like. Something like: Did the U.S save Britain and Europe from Nazi or Communist Domination?)

This is revisionist history. The Russians played a larger role in defeating the Nazis than America did.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Yeah man totally...

Have to agree. The Brits were "Alexander The Brit" for quite some time.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Oh right, because most other countries spend so much time going over their negative history. You seem to be under the impression that the US has some horrible history compared to the rest of the world.

The US has freedom of speech, which is a relatively new idea in the world, and one that people in other countries still don't have the privilege of experiencing.

I think you are confusing the US with Russia or China.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Go Elvis!

I doubt it with the NAZI

This is revisionist history. The Russians played a larger role in defeating the Nazis than America did.

It took both I think to accomplish it. The Nazis were sandwiched left and right. You have to agree that the U.S kept the Commies out of western Europe, too. They have kept them out of the whole of Europe since. They have kept them out of Russia in the end, too.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Oh come on. We were seriously screwed.

Only up until Hitler screwed up and invaded Russia.....all before the USA entered.

Read up on battle of Britain and Operation Barbarossa.

I get my history from books not Hollywood.

But you kiss uncle sams butt hole.

Anyway that's all Im going to say.
edit on 5-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Oh right, because most other countries spend so much time going over their negative history. You seem to be under the impression that the US has some horrible history compared to the rest of the world.

So because other countries don't want to be honest about their history, we shouldn't? That's some pretty lame reasoning. I'm under no impressions about the US' history compared to the rest of the world. I know the rest of the world has their own warts in the past. None of that means we shouldn't talk about the US' warts though.

The US has freedom of speech, which is a relatively new idea in the world, and one that people in other countries still don't have the privilege of experiencing.

Just about the whole 1st world has freedom of speech. That isn't exactly a freedom that America is unique for having anymore. I mean this point looks like you are deflecting from the bad history I've been mentioning. "America has done these bad things." response: "Well America has freedom of speech!" Well, so? How does that excuse all the bad things America has done?

No, I'm pretty sure I'm talking about the US here. What exactly do you think I'm confusing the US with Russia and China for? Not having freedom of speech? I'm not even sure why you brought that point up to begin with.
edit on 5-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

What do you Brits do with the queens hind parts?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Go Elvis!

I doubt it with the NAZI

It took both I think to accomplish it. The Nazis were sandwiched left and right. You have to agree that the U.S kept the Commies out of western Europe, too. They have kept them out of the whole of Europe since. They have kept them out of Russia in the end, too.

There is truth in that, but we would not have been able to defeat the Nazis without the Soviet Union, but the Soviet Union very well could have defeated the Nazis without us.

While we like to think of the D-Day invasion as a triumphant and critical moment in the war and history, that event is peanuts compared to the fighting and damage done to the Nazis on the Eastern Front.

The Soviet Union showed the true power of communism as they were able to relocate entire industries thousands of miles from the reach of the Nazis and were able to keep their war machine rolling.

While we did help in the war and we lost many men fighting in it, the real credit must go to the Soviet Union. Without them, we would have lost the war.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

Can we just focus on the OP topic, please?

The US has done some awful things in the last couple of decades. It needs to stop.
And for that to happen, people need to hear about how it works - whether from Moore or from Scahill - there are "delivery style" options that allow for more than one type of audience to get the facts.
edit on 8/5/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Go Elvis!

I doubt it with the NAZI

Well if you are going to position the argument THAT way, it took every country that was fighting the Axis to do it. Though looking at it from a participation rate, Russia wins hands down. The eastern front of the war was four times the scale of the western front.

According to Time magazine: "By measure of manpower, duration, territorial reach and casualties, the Eastern Front was as much as four times the scale of the conflict on the Western Front that opened with the Normandy invasion."[78] Conversely, George Marshall calculated that without the Eastern Front, the United States would have had to double the number of its soldiers on the Western Front.[79]

edit on 5-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Oh right, because most other countries spend so much time going over their negative history

The UK does so does most of Europe (barring Germany).

. You seem to be under the impression that the US has some horrible history compared to the rest of the world.

Erm yes it does.

Its laundry is just as dirty as any of us.

Slavery
Genocide of Native Americans
Civil war
Imperialism in the Philippines.
Black oppression and barring of civil rights
Japanese Interment
Overthrowing the Iranian and Cuban governments and installing the short lived pro American dictator puppets.
Bay of pigs
Vietnam
Iran contra
Kent state massacre
Iraq
Libya
Torture in GITMO

Your no different than most of Europe. Least the UK fesses up to its past that includes similar things.

Actually most the Developed world has that too!
Hell I am wasting my time talking to you now!

The world does not consist of just the USA as beacons of "freedom" and the rest despots like China or Russia.

In fact New Zealand is apparently the most free country in the world....
edit on 5-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

What do you Brits do with the queens hind parts?

Nothing.

Most of us don't even care about her and her spawn.

Here is a little fact they don't seem too teach you......the monarch has not have any political power since Queen Ann we are solely run by our ELECTED parliament.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I get the impression "patriots" as they call themselves prefer to stick there fingers in there ears and sing the national anthem while covering there eyes will the flag than even look at the USA problems let alone e acknowledge them.

Least in the UK we know we have big issues and pointing them out doesn't get you labeled anti British!

I get the same impression at times when viewing "patriots" of some other nations. Here in Canada we have issues that we point out and attempt to address as a whole and nobody takes it personal...

The issue of past abuse of First Nations People has been ongoing here for the past few months where the government and society is addressing the issue to move forward:

Truth and reconciliation: Looking back on a landmark week for Canada - published June.5/2015

www.cbc.ca...

www.cbc.ca...

The 60′s Scoop where First Nation Children were removed from their families and placed into Canadian homes is also being dealt with here. Both stories are big news and dealt with daily in news media and other forums. The more important thing is its being addressed in a direct way that affects the dynamics of society as a whole. We are moving forward.

www.originscanada.org...

What I have discovered about some patriots in some parts of the world is they suffer from cognitive dissonance. The truth is difficult to accept when the lies is all they want to hear.

The truth offends them...and they would rather continue to offend the world instead of having their feelings hurt.
edit on 5-8-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join