It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore's new film: "Where to Invade Next"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: crazyewok

Exactly. I guess some just don't like the "flippant" tone or the actual pointing out of what's happening.

Same people who probably hate Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Both geniuses, and The Daily Show and The Colbert Report will go down in history as brilliant exposes of American culture and political madness.

I get the impression "patriots" as they call themselves prefer to stick there fingers in there ears and sing the national anthem while covering there eyes will the flag than even look at the USA problems let alone e acknowledge them.

Least in the UK we know we have big issues and pointing them out doesn't get you labeled anti British!

I have no problem with criticism, I actually encourage questioning the leadership. They should answer for their decisions.
what I don't like is this type of movie that only tells the story from one point of view. That's why I call his movies infomercials, they are designed to sell their specific point of view. Not present the whole story.
But hey. Free country. He has the right.

I agree with that on his capitalist film it was rather one sided.

Still I fail to see were he went wrong with farenhight 911. That was dead on the mark.

I never saw that one. I watched bowling for columbine and the capitolism one.
I couldn't stomach any more after that.

Unless your a die hard bush fan who still buys the propaganda on the Iraq war being about freedom and wmds then it's pretty good.

Never saw the columbine one as it's issues do t really effect me.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Just imagine what kind of "documentaries" Moore would have come up with back during WWI and WWII.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I'm not a big fan of documentaries. Especially ones that tell me things that I may be prone to wanting to hear. Documentaries can be a bit insidious in their deception. They like to position themselves as educational programs, then use that angle to push an agenda. It's very easy to lie in a documentary and have people not source your claims because they think the program by being labeled "educational" isn't being deceptive. This is ESPECIALLY true for documentaries that appeal to confirmation biases.

Michael Moore is a BIG fan of doing this too.
edit on 5-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Danke

Just imagine what kind of "documentaries" Moore would have come up with back during WWI and WWII.

Not getting your implication. He wasn't there at the time, so it's moot.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Glenn Beck is pretty vile to watch...

Can't say I've ever seen anything from Rush...
Heard a lot though.
Sounds awful.

link   

Michael Moore has never made a documentary. He makes infomercials.
Like his capitalism infomercial. You know. The one he sold and distributed at a substantial profit.

What do you have against capitalism and people making a profit from their efforts?

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'd far rather watch real documentaries and then fact-check them, than just ignore them. This latest charade with the disinfo "video" by the Council for Medical Progress (or who the hell ever they have self-described themselves as being) Planned Parenthood attack doesn't count as a documentary, though. As an example...

Anyway, with regards to this film, because I've read Scahill's book and been following this topic for several years, I anticipate this will bring the matter to the attention of those who missed Scahill's splash.
edit on 8/5/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You just described Zeitgeist perfectly lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Like his capitalism infomercial. You know. The one he sold and distributed at a substantial profit.

What do you have against capitalism and people making a profit from their efforts?

Absolutely no problem with capitalism.
Michael Moore on the other hand made millions on a movie about capitalism being evil.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Sorry I will clarify, imagine what kind of "documentaries" Moore would have come up with IF he had been alive back during WWI and WWII.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Thanks for clarifying, but I still think it's moot and a waste of time. Now - if he makes movies about them after-the-fact, that's a different thing. But the American Empire thing that is going on right now warrants more attention.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Absolutely no problem with capitalism.
Michael Moore on the other hand made millions on a movie about capitalism being evil.

So what....

No one was forced to pay to watch that movie.

You need to pick and chose your hypocrisies more carefully....

Like paying subsudies to already profitable corporations from the taxpayers pocket; that they have absolutely no control over. Unlike choosing to watch a movie.
edit on 5-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

You just described Zeitgeist perfectly lol.

I know, but that is a rather obvious example of one. The worst offenders are the ones that do it more sneakily.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

a reply to: tothetenthpower

I'm saying he makes a movie about capitalism being evil and then proceeds to make millions using capitolism.
That's like a Peta convention serving steak.

I looked at it as highlighting the overall problem.

But I see where you're coming from.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Why would using your imagination for a minute and looking back at history be a waste of time? If it weren't for WWII the US wouldn't be the military powerhouse it is today.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I'd far rather watch real documentaries and then fact-check them, than just ignore them. This latest charade with the disinfo "video" by the Council for Medical Progress (or who the hell ever they have self-described themselves as being) Planned Parenthood attack doesn't count as a documentary, though. As an example...

I'm not referring to those hit pieces when I refer to documentaries though. As far as source checking later, the problem with documentaries is that they are presented in hour long+ blocks of information. That is a LOT of information to source check later. Plus it comes at you at the speed the narrator is talking. So you may not even remember all the information presented to fact check. I prefer reading my information.

Anyway, with regards to this film, because I've read Scahill's book and been following this topic for several years, I anticipate this will bring the matter to the attention of those who missed Scahill's splash.

Maybe. I also don't like Moore's delivery.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Why would using your imagination for a minute and looking back at history be a waste of time?

That's not what I meant. He didn't make a WW1 or WW2 documentary, so imagining what he might have done is a waste of time. That's all. The world was way different then.

Believe me, I know plenty of what went on during those two wars. But, like KrazyShot, I did my research via reading.
Also, I have discovered that "The History Channel" is often misleading, too. Just as an aside....

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke

Why would using your imagination for a minute and looking back at history be a waste of time? If it weren't for WWII the US wouldn't be the military powerhouse it is today.

And since the Korean war that hasn't exactly been a good thing has it?

Pay of pigs
Vietnam
Iraq
Afghanistan
Iraq 2.0
Libya
The countless support and aid given to paramilitary to overthrow governments IE half of south America, Iran , Syria et all.

All of that has just made the world a much more unsafe place and just flat out ruined the country's involved.

The only good thing was protecting Europe during the cold war and protecting Japan and south Korea which is were the remit of the of the US military should have ended.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It's true, Michael Moore fights fire with fire. And I don't agree with everything he says. But I DO happen to like his brand of "fire" more than the mainstream media's.

The best part about his docs is that they upset people that blindly accept the status quo—people who can't believe that the Bush administration ever did anything wrong because Bush was a "Christian," people who think our healthcare system is the best in the world because they're utterly ignorant of the healthcare systems in France, Canada, the UK, et al, and people who think that the folks running the show actually care about the little people.

Propaganda based on truth is always better than propaganda based on lies.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
"Where to invade next?"

from "Think as I say and do not use your brain cause I'm right!"

Yeah Right!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join