It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posting Problem...???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well...I had written a post (it was totally awesome...lol!!!) in a political thread (the one with the tea pot) and, even though my internet was fine and ATS was showing as up and running, it went to a screen with a rotating arrow. Round and round it went...I tried re-sending the page after an infinite amount of time, then, after another eternity, tried again...finally, out of frustration, I hit the back arrow and, of course, lost my post.

Sigh. I suppose I could rewrite it and try again but... Sigh. How many times a day can I be expected to be brilliant?!?!?

Has this been happening for other's lately? Just curious, and wanted to let you know.

Usually the site works seamlessly, so no biggie. I'm sure no lives would have been changed by my post, anyway...

- AB

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Oh...sure...work fine on the complaint post...not on my epic exposition regarding the nature of left and right politics that I dashed off in ten minutes and didn't have the sense to "copy" before attempting to post!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

There have been some issues this morning for me. Make sure to copy your post into your buffer before you send. Sorry you lost your post. It was AWESOME!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

it is probably still in your browser's history, what browser are you on?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It did the same to me a few days back. I replied back to a post and it kept on showing that loading sign. I thought it went through but it never did.

I just know one thing... i will not erase ATS cookies ! I am unable to log in if I clear them. I have to try logging in like 20 times before it actually works.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thanks, BH... It really was my mistake for not copying it... (shakes fist at Internet Chaos Gods).

Oh well.

I would say I'm glad I'm not the only one, but I'm not! Sorry to hear you had trouble too! (Bet you were smarter and copied your posts though...)

- AB

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

it is probably still in your browser's history, what browser are you on?

Safari. I looked after I saw your post, but didn't see it...

Thanks!!

ETA: I did find the spinning wheel again...no reply though...
edit on 5-8-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

In another thread, the big guy said that some dick head hit ATS with a ddos attack. Okay, he didn't call whoever did it a dick head. I did. Who else would do that but a dick head. Anywho, that might be why it wasn't working for you.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I've got a tip that will save you the headaches.

Write your thread or a lengthy post in a word processor first then save it. I've lost an entire thread due to a connection problem.

edit on 5-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I use Opera, I do usually write my OP's in wordpad first then copy and paste, but I have been able to recover from my history things I have accidentally closed, it may be that once you send it though and it doesn't go through what is saved to the browser is the failed attempt.

I am not a computer genius, so I really have no business trying to help. Sorry. GL.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Always, ALWAYS compose off-site in a word or document program off-line. When its fine-tuned, edited just the way you like it...THEN...and only then...cut-and-paste your work INTO ATS!

We all have learned that the hard way...and while youre composing offline pre-posting...save, save SAVE!

Good luck

MS

edit on 5-8-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join