It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traingular hollow rock on Mars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

No sane person I would say, if you get my drift
Because I got yours ^^

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's a smaller rock in front of a larger rock...lighting and shadows explain the optical illusion pretty easily.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Looks as if it is a rock in a triangular shaped depression. Always turn the picture 180 and have another look .

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

In this case, it looks like a lighter rock in front of a darker one, making it only appear as a "hole" through the triangular rock.

Pixels and shadows make some odd illusions.

Not to say there aren't unexpected things on Mars... I'm fairly confident there are... and that some have been seen, already... it's just that this one instance is (most likely) an optical illusion.

Regards.

ETA: and should've read whole thread before repeating what others already posted... apologies.

edit on 8/5/2015 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Ok....so this one has me baffled. How does this form naturally? It appears hollow through the center and you are able to see the rocks behind it, but I can't understand how this could naturally form in this fashion here.

Wind?

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

It's a smaller rock in front of a larger rock...lighting and shadows explain the optical illusion pretty easily.

I agree that the "hole" may in fact be a lighter rock in front of a darker rock.

However, I still wonder if it is possible for wind erosion to make a hole on a small scale like that, similar to the way larger rock arches (such as those in arches national park in Utah) can form.

edit on 8/5/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join