It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran tourism truck prompts a UK special forces reaction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Why would anyone write "Iran is great" on his truck ? they deserved what was coming for them , little terrorists .

i hope they go back to wherever the hell they came from - romania - and stop these terrorist activities ASAP .

thank God no one was hurt .

A mobile home being used to promote Iran was at the centre of a major security alert in central London.
Cristian Ivan, 42, from Romania, "fell in love with Iran" when he visited in 2010. He is now travelling across Europe in a van with the slogan "Iran is Great" on the side.
Counter-terror police were alerted to a "suspicious vehicle" when he parked it outside the Science Museum on Monday.
The museum was evacuated and roads were shut for two hours for investigations.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

The British discreet manner of handling security threats has always gained my deepest admiration.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

So a man who fell in love Iran after visiting, which btw Iran is a beautiful country just google pictures, wishes to promote his message of peace makes him a terrorist? How absurd.

Do you consider every Iranian is a terrorist?

Do you think actual terrorists would have such things painted on their vehicles?
edit on 5-8-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

If true that's ridiculous and stupid, it is however becoming a more and more real threat at least in America so called lone wolf attacks by radicalized peoples. This makes it very difficult to distinguish who is just pro nation or who is pro cutting your head off and shooting a place up. This is the world we live in now and wether we like it or not we all have a part in it's occurrence, the radicals want this though they want the flames of hatred to be guided at random Muslims as to make Muslims feel hated and disenfranchised. How do you stop an idea? How do you stop this? The answer is one no one is ready for so I will leave it as it is.
edit on 5-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Second that. I don't see a single thing wrong with it. What's the problem here?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Paranoia is the biggest weapon of the 21st century my friend.

I bet you could imprison the Queen based on this alone, if you wanted.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

The answer is one no one is ready for so I will leave it as it is.

I'm good and ready.

Please elaborate.

Iran is not a threat to the UK, it's the other way around.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
To be fair, if it was a caravan or camper then it'd be neither here nor there... but that thing looks like a bomb disposal truck!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

LOL those silly limeys

This type of over-reaction is the perfect example of the indoctrination we have all been put through. I wonder what happens when Middle Eastern teams make the FIFA world cup going forward, are they going to pull them over for sporting their flags on their car antenna????

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

I second that.... en.wikipedia.org...

However.... it's not common to have someone voice their opinion like this in London, it will with no doubt raise some dust.
edit on th15WednesdayWednesdayamWed, 05 Aug 2015 10:11:10 -0500 by Syllar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

The answer is one no one is ready for so I will leave it as it is.

I'm good and ready.

Please elaborate.

Please point to where I said Iran was a threat to the U.K. Do you just wish to have a problem with me? Or were you just making random statements that have nothing to do with your reply to me. I can do that to, I like clouds I like squirrels, the U.S is home of cheeseburgers.

The solution to the problem is a hard one, it's one that no one wants but the truth is only a full occupation of the Middle East and rebuilding of it's infastructure and guidance of it's policy's can stop the radicalization at it's roots. Occupy it until it resembles something like modern day Germany. The problem is not the normal people the problem is the radicalized peoples who are spreading like a plauge. The normal folks who just want to love there lives non subjugated can't because of the constant war in the region. This further opens the door for radicalization. Either A. We occupy the region and build it from the ground up. Or B. We wash out hands and leave and never look back anything less then this is stategic failure.
edit on 5-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Aren't tension with Iran getting less intense?
Does they mixed Iran with ISIS, or what?
Ok, it's not a democraty and they are islamic. But, this country never used that kind of tactics (so much country want to invade them). I'm sorry, but even paranoia is not a good reasons. At least they didn't drawn wearpon and fired on the van like cowboy. I hope the boy got a cute little excuse letter from te police chef.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

What's the problem here?

The lack of a sarcasm detector.

Haman is from Iran, and the entire OP was tongue in cheek.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think it was more to do with it being a van parked out the science museum.

The science museum is a HUGE tourist attraction in one of the busy parts of London. In fact parking is pretty hard and controlled round there.

Parking strange vans in that area normally gets someone attention even as far back as the 90's. Car bomb are a common occurrence in London once.

The fact the UK is at high alert does not help matters.
edit on 5-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Haha that's brilliantly menacing.
If I hadn't seen the font I wouldn't have understood so here it is for anyone yet to click the article and see for themselves:

edit on 5-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

It contrasts so badly to area... There couldn't be a worse place for that van to sit. Literally.
edit on 5-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You're right, I totally have a broke detector! With all the Iranian hate these days I thought the OP was serious. I recant my original post.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Please point to where I said Iran was a threat to the U.K.

To be honest I never claimed that you said that. It was just the general tone of your post, according to my observations at least, that you thought this was justified because you said "This makes it very difficult to distinguish who is just pro nation or who is pro cutting your head off and shooting a place up."

If I was wrong I apologize.

Do you just wish to have a problem with me?

I must admit that I am not a fan of your anti-Islam sentiment in other threads but I have no personal issues with you, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

The solution to the problem is a hard one, it's one that no one wants but the truth is only a full occupation of the Middle East and rebuilding of it's infastructure and guidance of it's policy's can stop the radicalization at it's roots. Occupy it until it resembles something like modern day Germany. The problem is not the normal people the problem is the radicalized peoples who are spreading like a plauge. The normal folks who just want to love there lives non subjugated can't because of the constant war in the region. This further opens the door for radicalization. Either A. We occupy the region and build it from the ground up. Or B. We wash out hands and leave and never look back anything less then this is stategic failure.

Do you happen to work for Halliburton by any chance?

Sounds like you just quoted Dick Cheney.

Your above quote is a perfect example of American Jingoism.

Team America World Police # yeah!

Do you really believe that the USA and its allies need to turn the ME upside down? Oh sorry never mind, they already have!

I find it difficult reasoning with someone who believes that the answer is a complete Western take over of the ME. We've done enough damage.

You would probably have trouble reasoning with my views of the radicals and who created/funded them so I admit that our views are biased and completely opposite which means we would never find common ground due to our core beliefs.

USA and its allies destabilize the ME then have a reason to go in, you seeing a trend yet? Have fun fighting Israel's wars in the name of Uncle Sam.

Uncle Sams Misguided Children....

Shame.

edit on 5-8-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

Apology accepted.

I am not "anti-Islam" and you have only had a small glimpse of me and yes out views are biased

Further, the chicken in the egg is not a useful argument here. No doubt the hands of the west are dirty and implicit in what is and has occurred. At this point, that matters very little in moving forward to rectify this situation either a full occupation or a all out withdraw and never looking back is my solution and truthfully the only strategically sound solution.

I have no problem with fellow humans I have problems with radicals. If you want to start the chicken and the egg argument from that sentiment fine but it's moot and I'm not going to partake in it.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I think it was more to do with it being a van parked out the science museum.

The science museum is a HUGE tourist attraction in one of the busy parts of London. In fact parking is pretty hard and controlled round there.

Parking strange vans in that area normally gets someone attention even as far back as the 90's. Car bomb are a common occurrence in London once.

The fact the UK is at high alert does not help matters.
Brother , lets be honest here , the main cause of that "security" freakout was the fact that the van had a "Iran is great" label on it .

now i know that brits are very tolerant people :

well lets just bring a quote from wikipedia :

Islam is the second largest religion with results from the United Kingdom Census 2011 giving the UK Muslim population in 2011 as ~2,706,066, ~4.5% of the total population. The vast majority of Muslims in the United Kingdom live in England: 2,660,116 (5.02% of the population).

I'm just pointing out to the amount of propaganda that is being thrown on a daily basis on Iran . when was the last time an Iranian blow sth up ? well , "never" would be the proper answer .

These kind of incidences really hurt . they really really hurt .

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Oh Dear!, wind your neck in Iran is actually a really beautiful country with a very diverse group of people with muslims, Christians, Zoroastrians and jews living peacefully together - but don't tell the gulf states and you know who as they would hate that.

We have Iranian friends and they are good people who have fitted into this country brilliantly and work hard like everyone else. In fact Iranian society is composed of a large number of young people, well educated and who work which is not the situation in some other oil rich Gulf States - so what's the problem except that the phrase "---?---- is great" a phrase which we should not allow to get hijacked by religious freaks/extremists

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join