It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is MGTOW a sign that humanity is evolving?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Like the millennia where women had close to zero rights? Look at the domestic abuse stats for countries that legally discriminate women. People tend to romanticise history- really, it was not like in what nostalgic recollections would make you believe. John Stuart Mill wrote a book about the rights of women in his 19th century world: On the subjection of women. Basically it meant that for instance, if your husband beat you every day, you couldn't flee and the police would simply drag you back.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I don't understand why this "movement" is gaining so much ground as it it. It is becoming pretty much a terrorist organisation for the disgruntled men folk. Recently there were several stabbing in Portsmouth, England by a seventeen year old boy, who wanted to get revenge on women for being too "fussy" and because he was still a virgin. None of his victims had even met him before, but he like most men's rights activists, saw all women as a multi headed feminist hydra which deserved to die.

I can see how MGTOW will do exactly what the "powers that be" which they so fear want them to do. When they go on about population reduction, how does this sit with they guys who want to cut off all contact with females, and would rather have sex with robots? How does the idea that children are going to become wards of the state, and the "government nannies" sit with the fact that a man can refuse to pay child support if the woman exercises her reproductive rights and refuses to abort?

I know very well there has always been the "American Dream", and the "hi Honey, I'm home" stuff, which tends to put people in little boxes according to their gender roles, but slowly, people, not just men, are waking up to this and seeing it as delusional. The only reason this was created by the PR madmen, was to sell lifestyle products. Unfortunately, as they saw the breadwinners as male, women became lifestyle products too. If you go through life with certain ideas of what it means to be successful, and that includes a buxom blonde housewife, you are always going to be disappointed with life. Women are not mobile phones or motorbikes to be owned and shown off to your mates. The disaffected MGTOW however blame this entirely on womenfolk being "Feminazis", and bitterly brand any women who desires not to fellate them whilst they watch the Super Bowl and eat pizza to be some kind of evil man hater. Which of course is not the case.

PGTOW makes a lot more sense to me that this "divide and conquer" attitude, which just creates violence and conflict (ironically, this is seen as a male virtue) instead of solidarity. Any one has the right to Go Their Own Way, and not fall into the traps of servitude and domesticity, this includes your dreaded women. These bipolar diatribes of women do this, and men do that are mutually destructive. You have a right to live your life freely whatever your gender or sexual orientation, but the golden rule is, do not hurt others. MGTOW actively hurts women, sees them as the enemy, and this hurts men as well.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Born MGTOW here. My two feminist "moms" (mother + aunt) abused me so savagely as a child for being male that being anywhere near women was never an option for me.

MGTOW's main argument is this: about 50% of marriages fail, and about 80% of divorces are initiated by the woman. Divorce courts unfailingly give the woman everything. Given the numbers, getting married is like playing Russian roulette with 2-3 bullets in the gun. So don't do it.

That's it. That's the heart of it. Some MGTOWs consort with women, some don't. Some hate women, some don't. Just. Don't. Get. Married. And be aware of your country's or state's laws concerning cohabitation if you plan to live with a woman: in some places this is seen as marriage and you could lose everything despite never actually getting married. It is frequently called common law marriage.

MGTOW isn't misogynist. If you want to see what a hate movement looks like, look no further than feminism.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kethel

I understand completely why you are hurt. Maybe the problem with your mother and aunt was not feminism at all but narcissism? Narcissism is a growing concern, acacerbateed by the world of social media, but of course, existed a long time before that. The irony is, the shallow, self absorbed world of the women's magazines ( Hello, OK!, Cosmopolitan, etc) appeals to an increasingly narcissistic and vain woman. Personally, I can't stand the things. Paying money to read adverts is ridiculous, as are the self pity stories and celebrity misery.
Anyway, enough of that. Narcissists exist amongst both genders.
Maybe your mom and aunt had been badly hurt by men, that they wanted to punish you in case you were to grow up the same way as the men who hurt them?
I am all in favour of people going their own way, I'm not planning on marriage or kids myself, just for the record, but I see no reason to align myself to any "movement".

edit on 29-9-2015 by Antidisestablishment because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join