It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi & UAE Tanks Roll Through Aden, Yemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think this is a big development in Yemen, but there is not much coverage on the News.

Saudi Arabia teamed up with the United Arab Republic and, together, on Tuesday, Aug. 4, landed by sea and air two armored brigades and several commando battalions.

debka.com...

An Arab coalition source confirmed to Defense News that 2,800 troops landed in Yemen on Aug. 2 and are targeting the country's largest military base.

www.defensenews.com...

Hundreds of Saudi-led coalition troops deployed in the southern Yemeni port of Aden with tanks and armored vehicles, have reportedly allowed forces loyal to deposed president Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi to seize full control of the country’s largest military base from the Houthi rebels.

Saudi and Emirati troops were indeed assisting anti-Houthi forces on the ground by “operating many of the tanks and sophisticated military equipment,” because too few Yemeni troops were capable of operating such machinery, AP reported, citing military officials.

www.rt.com...

www.upi.com...

edit on 4-8-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

Oh the billionaires in the ME actually wanna do something productive other than chopping heads off?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome
I think this is a big development in Yemen, but there is not much coverage on the News.

They probably want to keep it under wraps because if they lose this one, it will become an even much bigger news!
edit on 5-8-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Iran threatened retaliation against Saudi quite a few times if they didn't stop the air assault.

Now tanks are rolling..

your move Iran.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Hoping for an all out decimation of all party's involved isn't very sportsmanlike is it :/

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Oh the billionaires in the ME actually wanna do something productive other than chopping heads off?

you hate us that much ??

no we are there to free the yemanies from the Houthies who are killing the citizens and destroying the country in the name of Iran who gave them all those weapons , and yes its time to chop one of Iran's hands .

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The Iran treaty will bring peace to the region.

Peace or Pieces.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

I just don't see anything productive about your wars hey mine aren't better. But all I ever saw when I was in the region was sectarian violence and body's left decomposing in the streets of which we had to pay to get people to clean them up. This war has been going on forever and will continue, neither side will win everyone looses and same goes with all involved us the western world we need to leave and never look back. I personally don't hate you,I feel sorry for you, I feel sorry for your mothers and daughters and children. I wish for peace in the Middle East, and the western worlds hand out of the mix but this is a dream. Here we are and there we go

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

But all I ever saw when I was in the region was sectarian violence and body's left decomposing in the streets of which we had to pay to get people to clean them up.

We pay to have dead bodies cleaned up off the streets here as well. Nobody does that for free.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder

Yea no #, meh I'm not getting into it all. Anyway so is that the only objection you had with my post or was there something else?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

thanx for your feelings and i understand what your saying, i dont like wars either , but you have to understand that the Iranians who started this long time ago by sending weapons to the houthies , do you think that it was for no reason ? Iran wants to surround us from every where by creating allies in countries bordering ours and militarizing them , its exactly what they did with the houthies , if Iran had any good intention they should have built hospitals, schools, technology, anything other than weapons, but no and you know why .

off topic , i see you are from Dallas , i have a friend here from Texas

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Cheers brother, from this perspective everyone thinks they are right to bad everyone gets to be right all the way to the grave.

Yes sir, I am from Dallas tell your friend I said hello and best of wish too you all

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Iran threatened retaliation against Saudi quite a few times if they didn't stop the air assault.

Now tanks are rolling..

your move Iran.

Iran never ever interfers directly in such things. There are lots of constraints against Iran. It prefers to be active just in shadow. We should perceive that USA is behind Saudi and UAE and in general GCC. They want to keep the red sea safe it is very crucial for economy of USA and EU and they want to prevent collapse of Saudi.
USA lost Iran as one of his two pillars in the middle east 30 years ago and now it is struggling and using the other pillar (Saudi) to control middle east.
edit on 15-8-2015 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join