It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Ebola patient at UAB hospital in birmingham Alabama. Patient traveled to west Africa.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
"

Ala. Public Health Officer: Unlikely patient with possible Ebola symptoms poses risk to public
Brianne Britzius, Christy Hutchings
Aug 4, 2015 10:29 PM
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - Birmingham Police Lt. Joe Roberts says a person has arrived at UAB Hospital with possible Ebola symptoms. This is not a confirmed case of Ebola at this time.

The residence where the patient has been staying, in the 1600 block of 17th Street Southwest, is being "isolated" by authorities.

Battalion Chief Buddy Wilks said his crews were called to the scene for a general illness earlier Tuesday. He said once they assessed the patient's symptoms and determined the patient had traveled to West Africa, they contacted UAB Hospital and received medical direction. The patient was then transported.

Wilks said six firefighters came in contact with the patient and were quarantined to go through decontamination procedures.

He said there were two family members of the patient in the house as well. Police officers will remain on scene to make sure the family is OK and to keep them isolated in the residence while officials monitor their health.

Residents on the block said they were being told to stay in their homes. Firefighters on scene said this was to help keep the area clear for first responders to work.

Around 10:32 p.m., reporter Christy Hutchings said authorities were preparing to reopen the block on 17th Street Southwest.

Police say the patient came traveled from West Africa to Birmingham. He has been in Birmingham for several days. UAB Hospital's ER was closed temporarily as they received the patient. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is at UAB. Wilks said health officials are currently running tests to determine what illness this patient may be suffering from.

The Jefferson County Department of Health said the patient was being monitored already based on their travel and when they developed a fever, they contacted authorities. The JCDH has pointed out that the patient could have a number of other serious illness or disease, including malaria.

Alabama Public Health Officer Dr. Don Williamson says this patient responded appropriately by contacting authorities. He said 7-10 people are monitored just like this patient each week in Alabama.

Williamson said it's unlikely this situation represents a danger for the community. He said UAB and authorities are acting appropriately in handling this case.

Williamson said he expects much more information in the morning that explains the patient's fever."

link

I really hope they get this under control if it is Ebola. I own a restaurant and it would be horrible if people were scared to leave their homes. Hopefully this will end without any loss of life. I'll try to update this when I find out more info. I know several people that work at UAB. What do yall think ATS?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RammerJammer
"

Ala. Public Health Officer: Unlikely patient with possible Ebola symptoms poses risk to public
Brianne Britzius, Christy Hutchings
Aug 4, 2015 10:29 PM
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - Birmingham Police Lt. Joe Roberts says a person has arrived at UAB Hospital with possible Ebola symptoms. This is not a confirmed case of Ebola at this time.

The residence where the patient has been staying, in the 1600 block of 17th Street Southwest, is being "isolated" by authorities.

Battalion Chief Buddy Wilks said his crews were called to the scene for a general illness earlier Tuesday. He said once they assessed the patient's symptoms and determined the patient had traveled to West Africa, they contacted UAB Hospital and received medical direction. The patient was then transported.

Wilks said six firefighters came in contact with the patient and were quarantined to go through decontamination procedures.

He said there were two family members of the patient in the house as well. Police officers will remain on scene to make sure the family is OK and to keep them isolated in the residence while officials monitor their health.

Residents on the block said they were being told to stay in their homes. Firefighters on scene said this was to help keep the area clear for first responders to work.

Around 10:32 p.m., reporter Christy Hutchings said authorities were preparing to reopen the block on 17th Street Southwest.

Police say the patient came traveled from West Africa to Birmingham. He has been in Birmingham for several days. UAB Hospital's ER was closed temporarily as they received the patient. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is at UAB. Wilks said health officials are currently running tests to determine what illness this patient may be suffering from.

The Jefferson County Department of Health said the patient was being monitored already based on their travel and when they developed a fever, they contacted authorities. The JCDH has pointed out that the patient could have a number of other serious illness or disease, including malaria.

Alabama Public Health Officer Dr. Don Williamson says this patient responded appropriately by contacting authorities. He said 7-10 people are monitored just like this patient each week in Alabama.

Williamson said it's unlikely this situation represents a danger for the community. He said UAB and authorities are acting appropriately in handling this case.

Williamson said he expects much more information in the morning that explains the patient's fever."

link

I really hope they get this under control if it is Ebola. I own a restaurant and it would be horrible if people were scared to leave their homes. Hopefully this will end without any loss of life. I'll try to update this when I find out more info. I know several people that work at UAB. What do yall think ATS?

Could have been avoided with a quarantine for all travel to and from West Africa.
Quarantine is a standard medical practice

But Obama refused.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RammerJammer

The Ebola doom was soooo last year, let it go..

This is JH15 freak out time. Be afraid!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Yep, he did. And now there's a vaccine. And the full horror of Obamacare is coming online. See where this is going?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There are a lot of tropical diseases that have ebola-like symptoms. The odds this guy has it are very slim.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Every time anyone gets a cold , etc. the first question you are asked by medical personnel is , "Have you traveled to Africa within the last 30 days ?" . Be my guess , at that time , if you answer yes you may be quarantined.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RammerJammer

Well I guess the vaccine will not make money been used only for certain reasons, now start the infection again in US soil, then is plenty of money to be made with vaccination, let the games starts.

I bet is plenty of doses to go around.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: M5xaz

Yep, he did. And now there's a vaccine. And the full horror of Obamacare is coming online. See where this is going?

Well, I am shocked,SHOCKED.

Who could possibly have foreseen this cl*sterf*ck coming.....

top topics

join