It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Purge Continues... Sixth Senior CIA Intelligence Officer has Resigned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Porter Goss continues to "reshape" the agency. Since his arrival six senior intelligence officials have resigned their posts. In this case the New York Times reports that it was not a voluntary departure. Mr. Goss has surrounded himself with sycophants (political allies) from among his connections as congressman.

Deputy director of intelligence Jami Miscik is the most senior official to quit since Porter Goss took over the CIA�
According to reports in the New York Times, Ms Miscik was told before Christmas that Mr Goss wanted to make a change and the decision to depart "was not hers".

Mr Goss' reforms have already seen a number of the former congressman's political allies appointed to the CIA.

At least five other officers have already resigned, including senior figures in the CIA's clandestine operations directorate.

In addition to changes at the CIA, new legislation will create a new post of national intelligence director and a national intelligence centre. � source

This really is looking like an old Soviet Style purge of anyone not loyal to the Party line. There are many threads around ATS discussing the possibility of an internal war in the intelligence community between neocon supporters and detractors.

Will you trust the �intelligence� pointing to reasons to attack Iran if it comes to that? We know the neocons are salivating at the prospect and they are busy stacking the intelligence community with their people.

Shouldn�t intelligence be non-partisan?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Some background on Porter Goss and his partisan stance as a pro-Bush supporter. link

The blatant politicization of intelligence is, or should be, anathema to any professional spy�or prospective CIA director.

John D. Rockefeller IV, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, has described Goss to his aides as "too political" to be placed in charge of the CIA.

He was a CIA case officer back in the days before the Church committee�i.e., when spies did their business competently and ruthlessly with minimal oversight or fear of exposure.

So I guess we can look forward to the bad old days of an unaccountable CIA with a partisan agenda.

Anybody getting in the way is being shoved out the door.

Six top officials and counting

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It stinks to high heaven. Goss is as corrupt and illegitimate as his boss in the VP office.
Political whore is the name for it. I say good for those guys who have left. 'Course, that's bad for us. It's only a matter of time before revenge is taken, compliments of the company.

Bush "won" and Tecumseh's curse is still in effect.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Not in the SS of Das Furer....

You can almost hear the goose-stepping, can't you?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Anyone who can't is blind, deaf and dumb. The CIA was created specifically to side-step the political BS.

One thing I cannot stand: a Yes Man. Ain't nuthin' but pu**y in that make-up. That's all Goss and his folks are. PU$$Y for the man.

Who needs enemies with those a$$wipes?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by Gazrok

Anyone who can't is blind, deaf and dumb. The CIA was created specifically to side-step the political BS.

One thing I cannot stand: a Yes Man. Ain't nuthin' but pu**y in that make-up. That's all Goss and his folks are. PU$$Y for the man.

Who needs enemies with those a$$wipes?

The mass exodus of CIA is based on Goss cleaning out the incompetent. This "person" was the one whom said "WMD's are a slam dunk in Iraq". Goss is kicking A$$ in a old useless agency full of 007 want-to-be�s.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
There was great upheaval going on even before Goss was cherry-picked. As with the Generals who dared speak their minds before the Iraq invasion, those at the CIA who told the truth were marginalized and cut out completely. I have respect for the guys/gals who have walked, but it doesn't make me feel any safer. If anything, it places us in far graver danger.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I was particularly pleased with the declaration that those members of the CIA who had been sources of leaks to the media were on the chopping block. What kind of intelligence agency leaks to the press anyway, unless it is a deliberate disinfo campaign to thwart the enemy? Good riddance.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Uh, what about the guy who released a CIA Agents name who was undercover? He is Bush's bitch, so he is in no trouble.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm not sure I understand how the CIA can be changed without replacing people.

Specifically, I get the distinct impression that some of the same people who have criticized the CIA as "dysfunctional" and responsible for "intelligence failures" are now criticizing these recent personnel actions as well.

I hope my impression is incorrect, because that wouldn't make a lick of sense.

Are those who criticize these changes claiming that personnel changes are not needed at the CIA?

I'm just trying to make some sense of what I'm reading here.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Excellent job, Mr. Goss

as posted by Majic
Specifically, I get the distinct impression that some of the same people who have criticized the CIA as "dysfunctional" and responsible for "intelligence failures" are now criticizing these recent personnel actions as well.

Bingo!!
You hit it straight on the head. Counting a number of them within this very thread doing such.

Of course this is the same CIA that provided the President and his advisory staff with Saddam's WMDs intelligence. This particular "6th Senior Intelligence Officer" had a major hand in the obtaining of this information.
Good riddance. *waves*
...And may the 'house' cleaning continue.

seekerof

[edit on 31-12-2004 by Seekerof]

top topics

join