It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communications problems in US.?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Tried to call friends mother in Tennessee no service message,websites coming up page not found was never there or didn't exist or back error,are there major communications issues today in the US?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Th is maybe?

KNOXVILLE (WATE) – WATE 6 On Your Side is looking into reports of outages for AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, U.S. Cellular, and Cricket.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Just the AT&T Mobile Network is down in that area... They talked about it on Talk Radio...

Verizon and all others are working fine

Semper

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Jade Helm planned exercise in progress ?

A.I. is gone berzerk !!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes looks like a node is out including 4 states one of which is Tennessee,that doesn't explain internet problems though.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Funny you should ask...I was telling hubby on the way to work today that I had received the old time "line busy" message (back from the days of MA Bell) on 3 different times, while dialing 3 different locations in Ca. All calls were made from my office VOIP system, to their CELL numbers. Not landlines.

The "all lines are busy now. Please try your call later" message. Same woman's voice and message that I heard back in my teens.

What's up with that?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis

Just the AT&T Mobile Network is down in that area... They talked about it on Talk Radio...

Verizon and all others are working fine

Semper

The same fault it seems is affecting internet also,

The outages have been reported in the Nashville, Chattanooga and Knoxville areas in Tennessee. Outages are also reported in Huntsville, AL, Bowling Green, Lexington and Louisville, KY.

Outages were also reported in Indianapolis, Chicago, Columbus and Cleveland, OH, Washington, DC, New York City, Los Angeles and San Francisco.

In Nashville, the Metro Nashville Police Department and the Nashville Fire Department are without internet service.

Read more: www.wsmv.com...

In edit, AT&T is back online.
Services offline,

reddit.com - Reddit
Server is down. Last checked 53 secs ago.
plug.dj - Plug
Server is down. Last checked 6 mins ago.
adfoc.us - AdFoc.us
Server is down. Last checked 2 mins ago.
cherrycredits.com - Cherry Credits
Server is down. Last checked 6 mins ago.
molten-wow.com - Molten Wow
Server is down. Last checked 1 min ago.

edit on 4-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Ooooookaayyy. ..

Not to create thread drift, but having this happen to nationwide communications is very disturbing on multiple levels.

Anyone know if the banking system affected at all?

Considering the banks rely heavily on Internet these days, it's beginning to sound concerning.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

We get cyclones and floods regularly here ,the first thing that goes is cellular service I still have a landline at home as well as a uhf radio between those two one or both will still work in an emergency.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry now, worry when a group figures out how to basically use our own networks against us and just turn them off
or worse...

I'm not 100% as to how many really understand that scariness of the fact we have put so much of our country on such a unsecured network, you'd not be talking about anything else but this.

Someday within the next 5 years, I wouldn't be surprised to wake up and nothing but sat phones will be working.

It's not as hard as you might think.

We live on such a outdated and unsecured internet of things it's amazing.

Why we haven't legalized and taxed all drugs to help pay for the restructuring of this internet of things is beyond me, if we don't do it soon, we'll all be working for China or the UK soon.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Panic levels being measured.

Databases being updated.

Utah test sequence.

A.I. commline buzzing static multi-tone ringing

. . . _ _ _ . . .

'-o-'

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
And landline phones. I know most are digital now and the article doesn't say, but odd.

Source

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Tried to call friends mother in Tennessee no service message,websites coo ming up page not found was never there or didn't exist or back error,are there major communications issues today in the US?

Why were you trying to call your friends mother? I had a friend that had a mother. She was quite a mother.
edit on 4-8-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: moyher

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

She is the mother of the wife of my best friend.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Yes internet/mobile data/ and tv were down in my area for several hours, just got mine back

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Even still I thought they weren't cellular....somebody might be testing various system weaknesses methinks ,although a solar flare or such is probably what they say caused it.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Downdetector for carriers as of 8:08 pm est

Verizon

T-Mobile

Sprint

AT&T

Cricket

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

She is the mother of the wife of my best friend.

Hell that explanation made my damn head spin.... So are you like, related or sumpin?

edit on 4-8-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: LYAO!!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Maybe the government is testing the functionality of the Executive Order with this title:
ASSIGNMENT OF NATIONAL SECURITY AND
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COMMUNICATIONS FUNCTIONS

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

No but I did give away the bride at their wedding....long story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join