It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Solution to Guns and Bombs...I Know Crazy, HUH?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Recently there have been many incidents involving guns and this always brings up certain issues.

I was thinking what could be a possible solution.

Ban bullets. You can own a gun, you just can't have bullets. You can buy specialized "tranquilizer" projectiles.

Problem solved.

Cops don't kill, they just put you to sleep. Thieves don't kill, they just put you to sleep. Kids don't accidentally kill themselves, they just go to sleep. Private citizens don't kill each other over stupid crap, they just put each other to sleep. Nobody kills themselves, they just go to sleep. Crazed lunatics don't kill 12 people, they just put them to sleep. People don't kill innocent animals, they just put them to sleep.

Of course, let's not just stop at bullets, though.

Add bomb explosives to the ban list. Every bomb has to be made with a "tranquilizer" core. They don't kill millions of people, they just put them to sleep.

Yes. I can hear the arguments coming already. That's just crazy pie in the sky wishful thinking. I understand. Killing and murder is just a part of the overall gun and bomb experience. How dare you take away our fundamental right's to slaughter each other? Tranquilizers? That is just NUTS!

And killing and murder are sane?

My bad, never mind.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Sounds good.

Get started.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
And do you think the criminals will follow those rules? Plus ammo are easy to make.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Would that not infringe on my right to bare arms?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Are you going to ban common household chemicals? You do realize how easy it is to make a pretty lethal chemical weapon with off the shelf household cleansers. My husband could tell you; hazmat training taught him.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Sorry, but I believe that "specialized tranquilizer projectile" would probably still blow the back of your skull cap out if said criminal put the gun in your mouth.

Also, what about the poor "ground zero" people that get tranquil-bombed? All dead of overdoses I'm sure.

At least you are considering other possibilities.

I've always wanted a world coated in nerf. Nerf wars, nerf vehicles, nerf buildings and streets. What a fun time that would be.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Cops need to be disarmed not citizens.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Just curious... what about legitimate hunting? Like... are you supposed to just tranquilize the animal then skin it alive?

Otherwise, I kinda wish guns and explosives could have never been invented; literally impossible. That wouldn't stop killing from happening. You can kill someone with a sharp stick if you need to. Hell, even a blunt one will do if you hit them hard enough.
But, since they're not, we must live with the destruction we have created.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

LOL, what kind of sicko are you???
No, you don't skin it alive. You kill it like you'd do any animal: slit its throat (or, alternately, bash it in the head or something). It takes a brave soul to start cutting on a deer that isn't dead, made sure its dead, and bled out completely.

I like the nerf idea. And we could make all the buildings out of bouncy houses. Maybe even go all the way, and just hand out participant ribbons to everyone instead of paychecks.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Why don't we just ban murder?

Oh.

Wait.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I suppose for things like accidental discharge of a firearm this is a cool idea however.... Private citizens Would still kill eachother over dumb things, just with different more painstaking weapons. People would still kill themselves, just with a rope or knife instead.

The fundamental problem doesn't lie within guns and bomb themselves. The problems manifest from the disturbed minds of sick individuals.

Until we find a way to help those sick individuals that need proper guidance, it doesn't matter WHAT weapons you ban. There will always be murder, there will always be suicide, until fundamental problems are overcome.

We used to kill each other with sticks and stones. If that's the only option left in the end, you can bet we'll revert to "caveman warfare".

"guns don't kill people, people kill people"

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I don't know how you can expect criminals to play by the rules. They're criminals.
I think instead of going after any kind of weapon, finding out how to fix what's wrong with people that misuse them would be a better bet.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Ban bullets. You can own a gun, you just can't have bullets. You can buy specialized "tranquilizer" projectiles.

Problem solved.

You mean like banned illicit substances?

Yes that has worked quite well

You cant find any illegal drugs anywhere can you?

Other than just about every street corner in certain parts of cities and towns the world over.

Whats will stop people from making their own bullets or tinkering with the tranq. bullets they can buy to make them lethal?

Then what will stop people from selling them on street corners along with other banned things?

It just adds to issues by banning things.

Of course, let's not just stop at bullets, though.

Add bomb explosives to the ban list. Every bomb has to be made with a "tranquilizer" core. They don't kill millions of people, they just put them to sleep.

So basically change bomb into a device that releases gas or whatever to tranquilize people?

I mean a bomb is an explosive device, when it explodes most times its the sheer force of the explosion that kills and in cases of radiation from certain types of weapons or chemicals the bomb will kill with the blast and the after effects.

Unless you mean flee and insect bombs we can buy at the shops to kill creepy crawlies in our houses and simply make ones that would put people to sleep.

Well the flee bombs can knock out, however you might or might not wake up due to the poison in them.

However an overdose of any sort of tranquilizer used on humans can still kill, so not sure your idea or solution is really logical.

Yes. I can hear the arguments coming already. That's just crazy pie in the sky wishful thinking. I understand. Killing and murder is just a part of the overall gun and bomb experience. How dare you take away our fundamental right's to slaughter each other? Tranquilizers? That is just NUTS!

No not wishful thinking, as if your solution was implemented it would simply create more criminals in my opinion,

I just think you didn't really think this through

top topics

join