It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: Iran Nuke Deal ‘Will Bring War’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I don't think the US would be able to supply Europe, in fact they wouldn't be able to satisfy their own market needs.

a reply to: TheChrome

I don't think this announcement about 100 air tankers makes much sense.
The S-300 air defence system on the other hand ...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Mostly it's natural gas that we need to supply Europe with. Anyways, the US is a net exporter of oil even though we have a considerable amount of imports. This is because we sell all of our oil on the open market and it goes to whoever pays the highest price. Similarly we import our oil from the open market by paying the lowest price. If we needed to we could change this and give Europe the first shot at purchasing in order to counter Russian influence. At the same time though, this means less oil is being put onto the market which drops supply and increases price, and then the US still has to buy it's own oil at that higher price. Doing such a thing would not be cheap, but thanks to the expansion of fracking over the past couple years it is possible.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: Aazadan

How about China ?
Iran to Get Chinese J-10 Fighter Jets in Return for Oil Rights

Don't see the problem.

If they are not allowed nukes then they have a right to expand there conventional defence instead.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: crazyewok

The only thing I worry about is if the EU once they're getting money from trading with Iran becomes resistant to putting sanctions back in place or authorizing military action should Iran violate the agreement. There was ample evidence of Europe violating sanctions against Saddam.

Especially if the oil supply becomes an issue. Russia already has immense leverage over Europe due to their pipelines, what if Iran can also use that leverage?

But, I don't see how that concern is a reason to not try the deal out, it's better than the alternative.

Germany maybe.

Doubt france will and the UK certainly won't.

Long as the USA get to use Diago Garcia and cyprus it won't matter what the rest of Europe do or say.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

There is no problem for me either. There are probably better things to consider when getting rid of an embargo than buying some military hardware BUT, the Iranians are in the middle of a very troubled context ...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Germany maybe.

Long as the USA get to use Diago Garcia and cyprus it won't matter what the rest of Europe do or say.

It depends. I trust every nation to look out for their own interests. If the UK is making a lot of money off of Iran and doesn't want to jeopardize that, I doubt we would get to use Diego Garcia. The same thing goes for Iran though, if they're making a lot of money on foreign trade, and they get a respectable conventional military what incentive would they have to risk it all by building a nuclear weapon?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: crazyewok
Germany maybe.

It depends. I trust every nation to look out for their own interests. If the UK is making a lot of money off of Iran and doesn't want to jeopardize that, I doubt we would get to use Diego Garcia. The same thing goes for Iran though, if they're making a lot of money on foreign trade, and they get a respectable conventional military what incentive would they have to risk it all by building a nuclear weapon?

Na if you back stab the UK in a deal we get pissed.
Plus most our oil comes from the Saudis anyway and like the US there is a sizable zoinist influence in our government. If iran breaks the deal the USA will get to use Diego Garcia and cyprus for its strikes.
edit on 7-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The US might even resort to creating a False Flag to make it look like Iran is breaking the deal. Israel is hounding the US to do this!

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Nova937

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nova937

The US might even resort to creating a False Flag to make it look like Iran is breaking the deal. Israel is hounding the US to do this!

The US already did. From 1997 to 2006, the CIA sent nuclear blueprints to a double agent in Russia. They had this double agent (a former Russian nuclear engineer) pass this info to assets in Iran. Those assets were supposed to slowly add the CIA's blueprints into Iranian technology. Then the CIA & other Western intelligence agencies would claim they discovered that Iran was making progress on nuclear weapons by pointing out the details they planted!

The plan was called "Operation Merlin" and the IAEA eventually stopped accepting intelligence on Iran from these agencies once this was discovered.

Twisted view of CIA’s Operation Merlin
Here's an article about the book which exposed Operation Merlin, back in 2006!
Operation Merlin: Did CIA Seek to “Plant a Nuclear Gun” on Iran and Iraq?
Operation Merlin (wikipedia)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Apparently you didnt actually read the one link you provided that is actually credible. The first one.

The other sources were wikipedia (LOL), and The Guardian and the IPA. No chance for inaccuracies from those sites... nah.

The first link is rather interesting from the Washington Post. Somewhat more credible than The Guardian.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Don't know if you heard about that one but I think it may interest you :

UK parliamentary petition : Benjamin Netanyahu to be arrested for war crimes when he arrives in London

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Don't know if you heard about that one but I think it may interest you :

UK parliamentary petition : Benjamin Netanyahu to be arrested for war crimes when he arrives in London

HA
signed it

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Jewish Iran deal supporters booted from New York town hall meeting

When a group of New York activists stood silently in support of the Iran deal at a meeting in Brooklyn, they were accused of being ‘Arabs’ and wishing to send Jews off to the ‘gas chambers.’

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join