It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots Fired at Soldiers at Military Base in Mississippi: Police

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Xcathdra

The Jade Helm patch/logo whatever you want to call it also has an arrow in it: link

This was a Jade Helm training site perhaps? Disgruntled anti-establishment idiots firing off shots?

I am from Mississippi, and can confirm this IS a JADE HELM training site. Camp Shelby, MS.

Here is a link to back up what I say:

Jade Helm Site Attacked in Mississippi

Let the conspiracy theories begin.

Edit to add: The guy in the pic looks like the meme "It's okay, sir. I'm from the Internet"
edit on 8/4/2015 by tennisdawg because: one more thought

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Great. I suppose these two loons will be found to have been conspiracy buffs that talked about Jade Helm all over the internet.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest

Putin didit :>) ......bla bla bla ....Oh wait it maybe could have been PKK or ISIS ...No body is loving Americans anymore ..

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

culture warriors

I suppose that's a nice way of saying it.

Well...its shorter than "people who believe the war of northern aggression is still going on"

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Ooops...left this unposted and it's been posted.

Will just say that maybe someone took something a bit too seriously.
edit on 8/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Your link does a nice job of making it sound as if everybody there is part of Jade Helm.

They're not.

JH is using part of Shelby. The 4500 other troops are doing their own exercise. The bulk of them are national guard and reserve troops, filled out with some active duty components. Civilians are even allowed to come and watch them. Their training evolution runs from July to August.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

That's exactly what we need in America, armed soldiers walking the streets!

Geez, this site gets upset when more than two military vehicles are on a train! It will explode with threads about armed soldiers at Starbucks!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Eyewitnesses reported the shooter in Tennessee as a white male.
The shooters in this case could also be from Allen's Snackbar.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Just read on Foxnews that "Shots again fired near Camp Shelby JFTC, no injuries reported."

What the heck is going on in Mississippi?!?!

Edit: CNN reporting as well. Description the same in both incidents.
edit on 5-8-2015 by Feltrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Your link does a nice job of making it sound as if everybody there is part of Jade Helm.

They're not.

JH is using part of Shelby. The 4500 other troops are doing their own exercise. The bulk of them are national guard and reserve troops, filled out with some active duty components. Civilians are even allowed to come and watch them. Their training evolution runs from July to August.

www.washingtontimes.com...

I can personally verify this statement as well. When I was stationed at ft Campbell my wife served in the TN national guard. Her unit did their annual training at camp Shelby. IIRC it also serves/served as a pre-deployment platform for reserve and national guard units from nearby states.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

Round two -

Shots fired for second day near Camp Shelby

CAMP SHELBY, Miss. —For the second day in a row, soldiers have reported hearing shots being fired near Camp Shelby, authorities said.

Soldiers involved in a training exercise reported the shots about 8 a.m. Wednesday in the same area where gunfire was heard about 11:45 a.m. Tuesday, Lt. Col. Christian Patterson said.

The shooter in both incidents is described as a white man in a red pickup truck, Patterson said.

“The Camp Shelby Joint Forces training center is currently at a heightened state of alert,” Patterson said. “No service members have been hurt or injured in (Wednesday’s) incident.”

Patterson said the post is secure and all personnel are accounted for.

The Perry County Sheriff’s Department is investigating.

edit on 5-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Jade Helm is scaring a lot of folks in the country. Now, you now have 'two white guys in a pick up' that would not surprise me if there was a confederate flag on the front bumper, who are attacking the 'establishment'. It id fuel for a internet conspiracy fire and administration action.

Twice in two days? This is what has me saying hmmm....You mean, the day after SHOTS are fired at military personnel there are no extra safeguards in place? Nothing? It just happened again? They were supposed to be on a heightened state of alert.

What is also odd is that yesterday they reported the vehicle found but this is odd today....

Soldiers involved in a training exercise reported the shots about 8 a.m. Wednesday in the same area where gunfire was heard about 11:45 a.m. Tuesday, Lt. Col. Christian Patterson said.

The shooter in both incidents is described as a white man in a red pickup truck, Patterson said.

“The Camp Shelby Joint Forces training center is currently at a heightened state of alert,” Patterson said. “No service members have been hurt or injured in (Wednesday’s) incident.”

The same pickup? So, either they found the truck and released it back to these guys to try it again or there is a fleet of red pickups waiting to carry rednecks to fight the power. No one else caught this????

edit on 08am31amf0000002015-08-05T10:38:00-05:001000 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Well it's Mississippi. I would suspect there's a lot of white guys with pickups there.

CNN is reporting two different vehicle descriptions, one maroon with black rims and the other is just red. No make or model for either one. They're also saying the first incident may have been hunting related now.

As for extra precautions: like what? There's already a checkpoint on the road. Another checkpoint? How do you take precautions against somebody popping off random shots on a road?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

originally posted by: Cygnis
Time to start letting the soldiers carry their weapons.

Will see how many of these idiots try this stupid crap than.

Mastering the human domain. Apparently, the goal is armed military on US soil. Most soldiers are good soldiers...right?

You do realize service members are also civilians right? I think virtually every Marine I knew owned a personal weapons, a few of them several weapons. You are implying that if soldiers were allowed to carry a weapon while on duty they would massacre civilians at the behest of some shadowy government entity. I hope you realize how assinine your implication is. Allowing them to carry a weapon while on base in uniform on duty is for their safety and nothing else. The only ones who think otherwise are the tinfoil hatters and Obama and his agenda to punish America.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
How do you take precautions against somebody popping off random shots on a road?

/sarcasm Mmm...route clearance team? /sarcasm
Seriously though, even as a show of force or training; any vehicles patrolling the surrounding area might be seen unfavorably by already worried locals.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: blood0fheroes

Exactly. Suddenly there's armed patrols rolling up and down the road (which still isn't going to stop it necessarily). I feel like that's gonna freak people right the hell out.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My point was simple. Two shootings at the exact same place 2 days apart and there is no one that catches it? You do not have to roll tanks down main street but personally, I would think after shots are fired there would be more of a perimeter presence to this installation.

if there is already a military installation i do not think locals are worried. The base supports its economy as they all do around the country.

Two days in a row...why not put up a drone? That would cause some sensation....
edit on 08pm31pmf0000002015-08-05T12:52:16-05:001216 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

And, again, there was already a checkpoint on the road. Should they have guards line the road?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well either it was the wrong road or they are idiots...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I was aware that Broken Arrow, meant Nuclear. But Really wasnt looking into that deep, because I see lots of trucks with Broken Arrow on them, because I live about 45 minutes away from Broken Arrow, OK. Anyways I hope they catch the guys, its not right to shoot random soldiers, or anyone for the matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join