It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US of A is still number 1

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Clearly this is a little disingenuous and intentionally so.
While this graphic might be exaggerating things a little, there is also a lot of truth behind the general concept.

Many Americans believe they are #1 in everything, that their country is remarkable in some way, but the truth is (and has been for a long time) that the USA is nowhere near leading the world when it comes to education, democratic principles, press freedom, health services, diet, mental health, income equality, poverty, policing, racial equality, gender equality... I could go on.

Even American groups researching these things and forming global rankings agree, but not many Americans want to acknowledge it.

While Americans want to ignore all these things and instead chant "USA! USA! USA!", much of Europe is beating you in global rankings for everything that actually matters to a civil society.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I hope it has been pointed out already, but almost all of those are wrong:

1) Total Crimes: This is so ambiguous....but USA is 111 for violent crimes

2) Rape: Nope

3) co2 Emissions: China is #1 for co2 Emissions

4) Divorce Rate: USA isn't even in top 10, still not #1 if you only include advanced nations

5) Teenage Pregnancy: USA isn't even in top 50, still not #1 if you only include advanced nations

6) Heart Attack: Wrong again, Russia wins

7) McDonalds: And? It's an American company, of course there would be more in America.

8) Plastic Surgery: Wrong again, 3 other countries ahead of USA, all advanced nations

9) Prisoners: This is the only accurate statistic in your entire list...

Edit: The chart came from After Elton and is literally just a meme made by a user...it has no factual basis.
edit on 6-8-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You missed a zero:

300 Billion, not 30.

Source

Americans gave $358.38 billion in 2014. This reflects a 7.1% increase from 2013.2

If you mean just foreign aid, you are still wrong:

Source

I believe the budget is 50b, and the latest available statistics show over 41b was given.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

The chart came from After Elton and is literally just a meme made by a user...it has no factual bas

None of that matters to these American haters. They will just take a meme and run with it as fact if it says what they want to hear.

Its Americas fault..
edit on 6-8-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

You missed a zero:

300 Billion, not 30.

Source

Americans gave $358.38 billion in 2014. This reflects a 7.1% increase from 2013.2

If you mean just foreign aid, you are still wrong:

Source

I believe the budget is 50b, and the latest available statistics show over 41b was given.

On the foreign aid that's still a lower rate acoustic for population that the UK. That's below the 70 billion you would need to match our rate.

As for private charity I don't know for the UK but will have to look that up.

Again it's all per 100,000 which is the only stat that matters for comparing country's.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

How do you just take some meme that some idiot made up and post it as fact?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Again it's all per 100,000 which is the only stat that matters for comparing country's.

Thats the only stat that matters on whole list of bs stats?

The UK is #1 in people crying about America. lol

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Really, I mean really why do you think I posted it?

I posted it to stir discussion on problems that need to be a part of public dicussion, really it is everyone job to strive for a better US of A and a better world.

So discussion has shown that some of the items have changed in the last 10 years since it was made, ie China is now a bigger producer of co2 than the US of A.

Obviously there is a presidential election coming up and some of us would like to think our vote might make a difference, being closed minded to US and world problems is not Denying Ignorance, is it?

edit on 6-8-2015 by AlaskanDad because: sp correction

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

Really, I mean really why do you think I posted it?

I posted it to stir discussion on problems that need to be a part of public dicussion, really it is everyone job to strive for a better US of A and a better world.

So discussion has shown that some of the items have changed in the last 10 years since it was made, ie China is now a bigger producer of co2 than the US of A.

Obviously there is a presidential election coming up and some of us would like to think our vote might make a difference, being closed minded to US and world problems is not Debying Ignorance, is it?

You should be ashamed. You are just throwing gas on a fire of American hate..

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Derp Derp Derp Derp

OK whatever it's not my job to teach remedial mathematics.

Enjoy ignorance.
edit on 6-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Derp Derp Derp Derp

OK whatever it's not my job to teach remedial mathatics.

Enjoy ignorance.

Its your job to whine and blame and cry about the USA.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Since this whole list has been shown to be complete made up BULL CACA shouldn't it be in the hoax bin?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

You should be ashamed. You are just throwing gas on a fire of American hate..

NO, but a lot of my country the US of A's current policies shame us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To bad you can't see the problems, it must be nice to be blind to the nations problems.

edit on 6-8-2015 by AlaskanDad because: typo

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
UK charitable donations isn't even close:

source

And you are only counting the foreign aid budget. Other federal monies are handed out through legislation, the U.S. Gives
Ore money per capita than any other nation.

Here's a great article from your own country:

source

And we're still #1

source

So combining federal money and private money, the USA absolutely dominates the charity zone...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think you posted it out of self hatred of your own country and ignorance. Is that a sufficient answer?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
UK charitable donations isn't even close:

source

And you are only counting the foreign aid budget. Other federal monies are handed out through legislation, the U.S. Gives
Ore money per capita than any other nation.

Here's a great article from your own country:

source

And we're still #1

source

So combining federal money and private money, the USA absolutely dominates the charity zone...

Thats not what the data says at all.

In fact its a hell of a lot more complicated than that.

You are just cherry picking data now.

Infact the secound link lists the US at number 5 with Australia and New Zealand both at joint number 1.

USA is very charitable but in some areas other country's do have the lead though the USA is in the top 5.

Thats not saying the USA sucks or is evil.
edit on 6-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join