It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: I would shut down government over Planned Parenthood

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JakeLo
Shut it down and let the feckless liberals try and care for themselves. Like mother bird throwing her chicks out of the nest so they can learn to fly.

And completely destroy the US economy. ....great idea.

Smaller governments a good thing but it has to be scaled down gradually, making sure people have private sector jobs to go too.

Shut it down overnight and you end up with million unemployed in a already over saturated workforce with no welfare or support.......I really don't want to have to donate to a freed the Americans fund.......

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Shut it down and let the feckless liberals try and care for themselves. Like mother bird throwing her chicks out of the nest so they can learn to fly.

You have no idea what you are asking for.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You do realize that you would also shut down the military as well don't you? Probably not....
edit on 5-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

And these people who have exactly no idea how government and economics work are the ones Trump is appealing too......

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

And these people who have exactly no idea how government and economics work are the ones Trump is appealing too......

I'm on a phone so can't parse as I would like but I promise my business economics and jurist doctorate degrees and subsequent employment by a NYSE listed corp legal department provides a reasonable understanding of economics. Not much gives me more pleasure than watching liberals suffer. Shut it down.

You spelled to wrong.
edit on 5-8-2015 by JakeLo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I'm on a phone so can't parse as I would like but I promise my business economics and jurist doctorate degrees and subsequent employment by a NYSE listed corp legal department provides a reasonable understanding of economics. Not much gives me more pleasure than watching liberals suffer. Shut it down.

You spelled to wrong.

Then you should know that there is a difference between microeconomics (business economics which you should be familiar with) and macroeconomics (nationwide economics) and that they don't behave exactly the same. You should also be aware, if you aren't lying about your credentials, that being an expert at microeconomics doesn't necessarily make you an expert at macroeconomics. I mean -I- know all this and I learned it back in a high school ap econ class.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You spelled to wrong.

And I'm a holder of a PhD in economic and International politics a holder of a MD in neurosurgery and a caped vigilante at night. ...........

/sarc
edit on 5-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Jesus I don't belong here.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

in my area the bulk of the revenues going into the health care providers comes from gov't programs.
ya shut it down!! I'd love to see the healthcare system fall overnight!
the truth is, not too many really want it shut down! I mean who would ensure that all these low wage earners have a roof over their head and food for their families without the gov't doing it? charity??? don't make me laugh....
and, well, does anyone with half a brain when it comes to economics actually take a politician seriously when they talk about 100% employment?? in such a situation, the competition for workers would be so bad that well, the last time it was that bad, the gov't had to step in and cap the pay rates, which caused the rise of the employer subsidized insurance which we oh so not enjoy today!
but oh, ya drop those programs, kick the people out of their nice nests, please do! I'd love to see the business sector scurrying to raise their pay rates, lower their prices, landlords faced with the idea of having to drop the rent fees or having many more empty units not bring in the funds.
I'm a 50+ unemployed, unofficial disabled person who society thinks can just pull up her bootstraps and go on with life next to nothing in assistance from this gov't. I'm looking at probably maybe another month if I am lucky before I run out of the money I got from selling my husband's truck and then well, guess I get to live in the forest and eat berries and nuts...
so please, make this last month an entertaining one for me!!
drop the programs and send the economy into a massive tailspin line none other in the history of this country!
maybe we can take bets, will the businesses give in and pay a living wage, reduce the price they charge for everything, before the people start dying of starvation and rioting in the streets.
I'll bet that the businesses will make the move and give up some of those record breaking profits to ensure their employees don't die on them and leave them without a workforce!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Jesus I don't belong here.

Sure you do....

ATS is a bastion of rightwing thought....just don't be such a crybaby when you get called on your BS.

I know that's asking a lot from conservatives that play the victim card at every opportunity.....but just try!
edit on 5-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Trump shut down Planned Parenthood. . .

All he'd have to do is become it's CEO, it'd go bankrupt pretty quick.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yet to some o here your a dirty libra cry babies that deserves to die....

No I can be pretty right wing but even I see there is need for SOME safety nets in society as I your case.....

Ps I hope things improve for you

(post by JakeLo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
RE: "We have this little thing called a "social contract" that means you contribute to the common good, and give up lawless anarchy in exchange for the rule of law and order. It's kind of how we got to be as advanced as we are today..."

No, we don't have a social contract, and no, we wouldn't have anarchy with one of the major layers of government disappearing. If you take away the useless garbage known as the Federal Government, you still have state and local government in place.

As for how advanced we are today, that is because of great philosophers, great inventors, great scientists, but not great politicians, no. Government has never acted to speed up progress, and it was never designed to speed up progress.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

The Constitution and Bill of Rights are what's known as a "social contract".

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Rusty Trumpet's brain shut down long ago, so doing the same to the U.S. gov't would hardly be a stretch for the money junkie misogynist.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

a reply to: StallionDuck

Oh yes... Extremism is SUCH a good answer when you don't get your way. Especially for an issue that hasn't even been proven in a court of law that a law was even broken. What happened to following the Constitution? Or does that only apply when people are trying to do things YOU want to do?

It's funny you're actually getting stars for that response.

Do we not have an extremist nut for a POTTUS in office right now? Oh wait... he's just an extremist in the other direction... Bad is good and good is bad? What about that constitution now? Why is that not a bad thing now? I guess it just depends on who's pissing on it.

Where are you seeing that Trump is doing anything against the constitution? Apparently it's more than ME... Otherwise this would be a non issue. You know if Obumer jumped on this issue, we wouldn't even be seeing it in the news. Instead, we would be seeing how he saved the world, one aborted fetus at a time.

Phahaha You guys crack me up.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Trump: I would shut down government over Planned Parenthood

Washington (CNN)Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Monday he believes Republicans should shut down the government rather than fund Planned Parenthood, the health services group that is facing scrutiny after undercover videos of its officials emerged.

Trump said Monday on conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt's show that the videos, which feature Planned Parenthood officials apparently discussing the sale of fetal tissue and organs for medical research, are "disgraceful."

Why am I not surprised? I'd say that I'm disgusted by such stupidity, but then again it IS the Donald who said this and this is just par the course for him. This issue ISN'T worth shutting down our whole government over... Besides, shutting down the government because you didn't get what you want is literally anti-democratic. Anyone who supports such an action (for ANY reason, not just over abortions) should NOT be getting votes to be elected and shouldn't be reelected if they are already in office.

Face it... It's a HUGE issue. Personally I'm glad. It's just too bad he isn't in office already!

It's about time someone wants to go to extremes to get something right done within government. This would be a first and I'm all for it. He means business! I'm not even a republican and everything this guy is saying, I'm right on track with. To be honest, this is probably the one 'get er done' person that has ever had a chance in actually winning. Guess old Ron Paul wasn't forceful enough.

Another ones buys the BS

He's not out to do anything but to get elected.

Honestly if a politician promises everyone you want and more they are lying!

He is written checks with his mouth he has no intention of ever cashing!

ok sooo...

He's saying what I want to hear vs the rest saying what I DONT want to hear... So by your logic, I should vote for the other guy because he'll do exactly the opposite and do just what I want... yeaaaahhhh... got it...

Sorry... they always choose the 3rd options which I'm just as much against. However, I believe Trump is just crazy enough to do as he says.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Oh yes... Extremism is SUCH a good answer when you don't get your way. Especially for an issue that hasn't even been proven in a court of law that a law was even broken. What happened to following the Constitution? Or does that only apply when people are trying to do things YOU want to do?

Bitter that I made a good point? I'm sorry.

Do we not have an extremist nut for a POTTUS in office right now? Oh wait... he's just an extremist in the other direction... Bad is good and good is bad? What about that constitution now? Why is that not a bad thing now? I guess it just depends on who's pissing on it.

No not really. The President is actually pretty tame as far as extremism goes. But then again this is a red herring and I really don't care to listen to you whine about Obama in this thread.

Where are you seeing that Trump is doing anything against the constitution? Apparently it's more than ME... Otherwise this would be a non issue. You know if Obumer jumped on this issue, we wouldn't even be seeing it in the news. Instead, we would be seeing how he saved the world, one aborted fetus at a time.

Obama hasn't violated the Constitution either. No matter how much Conservatives like to bitch and moan that he has. A simple fact check of his policy history shows that.

I'd say the same about your rhetoric, but then again I'm used to it and it's nothing new coming from your side. When you are out of arguing points, just blame Obama. SOP for most ATS Conservatives.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Bitter that I made a good point? I'm sorry.

No not really. The President is actually pretty tame as far as extremism goes. But then again this is a red herring and I really don't care to listen to you whine about Obama in this thread.

Obama hasn't violated the Constitution either. No matter how much Conservatives like to bitch and moan that he has. A simple fact check of his policy history shows that.

I'd say the same about your rhetoric, but then again I'm used to it and it's nothing new coming from your side. When you are out of arguing points, just blame Obama. SOP for most ATS Conservatives.

Whatever ya gotta tell yourself there, buddy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join