It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: I would shut down government over Planned Parenthood

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Trump is just talking out of his backside trying to appeal to the nutters.

*looks at thread*

Mission accomplished!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I am not disagreeing with you, but it should be noted that he is leading in the polls. In fact even if you add the two closest front runner polling numbers together it still wouldn't poll higher than him.

The nutters love him, but there seems to be a lot of nutters. Weeeeeeee...............

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I am not disagreeing with you, but it should be noted that he is leading in the polls. In fact even if you add the two closest front runner polling numbers together it still wouldn't poll higher than him.

The nutters love him, but there seems to be a lot of nutters. Weeeeeeee...............

Exactly. It's funny that we over look that fact and when people such as myself point out that the Republican party is now represented and dominated by nutters, we are shouted-down and told "the Left is no different".

I don't think so. There are some crazy Leftists out there, but the majority of the Democrat party is not a bunch on loons.

That's why many reasonable and true conservatives have been leaving the GOP.....they've gone full retard.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Remember politicians are all just different facets, if you will, of the same object. The object being everything but your best interests. For the life of me I will never understand why people 1. Believe things they say 2. Even play into it 3. Argue to convince others their "facet" is the right one. It's completely illogical and unrealistic. I think I should take a break from ats until after the elections, all these threads make my eyes bleed and my mind go numb...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Let's see if I have this right. You don't agree with one facet of the government or one action so you shut down the entire government. Brilliant.

I should try that at work. One person lies to me or leaves some trash on the ground and I'll shut down my business. If my wife does the laundry differently, I'll shut down the whole household. Makes sense. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Washington (CNN)Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Monday he believes Republicans should shut down the government rather than fund Planned Parenthood, the health services group that is facing scrutiny after undercover videos of its officials emerged.

Trump said Monday on conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt's show that the videos, which feature Planned Parenthood officials apparently discussing the sale of fetal tissue and organs for medical research, are "disgraceful."

Why am I not surprised? I'd say that I'm disgusted by such stupidity, but then again it IS the Donald who said this and this is just par the course for him. This issue ISN'T worth shutting down our whole government over... Besides, shutting down the government because you didn't get what you want is literally anti-democratic. Anyone who supports such an action (for ANY reason, not just over abortions) should NOT be getting votes to be elected and shouldn't be reelected if they are already in office.

Face it... It's a HUGE issue. Personally I'm glad. It's just too bad he isn't in office already!

It's about time someone wants to go to extremes to get something right done within government. This would be a first and I'm all for it. He means business! I'm not even a republican and everything this guy is saying, I'm right on track with. To be honest, this is probably the one 'get er done' person that has ever had a chance in actually winning. Guess old Ron Paul wasn't forceful enough.
edit on 4-8-2015 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Oh yes... Extremism is SUCH a good answer when you don't get your way. Especially for an issue that hasn't even been proven in a court of law that a law was even broken. What happened to following the Constitution? Or does that only apply when people are trying to do things YOU want to do?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You do know planned parenthood is breaking the laws?
The only ones getting what they want are immoral atheist liberals who want massive quantities of illegal fetus tissue for profit.

When Obama wants something nobody would vote for, he goes around the laws with executive orders. His minions are following his lead and skirting the laws to get what they want. Time to put a stop to this stuff, The Donald is the only one with a set of gonads large enough to say it, good for him.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Breaking the law how?

Everything I have read that *isn't* spin, selective editing, or lies indicates that:
A) they're selling tissue, which is legal, and not organs, which is illegal;
B) they're not profiting from the sale, but selling at or near cost for research purposes.

Not to mention, fetal tissue is very valuable for medical research.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: introvert

Yea like those folks that like playing with fetus body parts. The love of money.... Weeeee..........

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

a reply to: StallionDuck

Oh yes... Extremism is SUCH a good answer when you don't get your way. Especially for an issue that hasn't even been proven in a court of law that a law was even broken. What happened to following the Constitution? Or does that only apply when people are trying to do things YOU want to do?

Extremism should be left out of an abortion discussion. After all one side is hacking up little humans......cant get any crazier than that really.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Trump has the right idea. Shut down the Government and keep it shut down.

We can take a break from protecting Monsanto, pointless wars and funding the killing of babies.

He has my vote.

ETA: IF Aliens turned DC into a big hole in the ground no one would notice. I still have my locally elected Sheriff and local and state services would function just fine. In fact the state could keep all that money we send to that cesspool in DC and upgrade infrastructure and better serve its constituents.

Trump is playing you like a fiddle......

He's just saying what you want to hear!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Though I'm pro defund PP

This is clearly jus an attempt by trump to tap into emotional response to curry more favor

All talk no solutions.......

Don't fall for it people wake up

^^^^he gets it^^^^

It's becoming clear on ATS now who are the gullible sheep verse the ones that see through the BS.

And Trump spews more BS than all the bovines 's in the USA combined.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland
a reply to: Sremmos80

thats part of the problem if you ask me. to many people in the govt are getting what they want and its time they start saying no and no in a big way.

But you can't just shut the government down overnight and dump millions into a already over saturated private sector work force, especially with limited to no welfare. The result would be catatrophic! Millions of homeless and starving......

It you cut government it has to be done slowly, making sure there is the private sector jobs to go to.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Washington (CNN)Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Monday he believes Republicans should shut down the government rather than fund Planned Parenthood, the health services group that is facing scrutiny after undercover videos of its officials emerged.

Trump said Monday on conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt's show that the videos, which feature Planned Parenthood officials apparently discussing the sale of fetal tissue and organs for medical research, are "disgraceful."

Why am I not surprised? I'd say that I'm disgusted by such stupidity, but then again it IS the Donald who said this and this is just par the course for him. This issue ISN'T worth shutting down our whole government over... Besides, shutting down the government because you didn't get what you want is literally anti-democratic. Anyone who supports such an action (for ANY reason, not just over abortions) should NOT be getting votes to be elected and shouldn't be reelected if they are already in office.

Face it... It's a HUGE issue. Personally I'm glad. It's just too bad he isn't in office already!

It's about time someone wants to go to extremes to get something right done within government. This would be a first and I'm all for it. He means business! I'm not even a republican and everything this guy is saying, I'm right on track with. To be honest, this is probably the one 'get er done' person that has ever had a chance in actually winning. Guess old Ron Paul wasn't forceful enough.

Another ones buys the BS

He's not out to do anything but to get elected.

Honestly if a politician promises everyone you want and more they are lying!

He is written checks with his mouth he has no intention of ever cashing!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You do know planned parenthood is breaking the laws?
The only ones getting what they want are immoral atheist liberals who want massive quantities of illegal fetus tissue for profit.

When Obama wants something nobody would vote for, he goes around the laws with executive orders. His minions are following his lead and skirting the laws to get what they want. Time to put a stop to this stuff, The Donald is the only one with a set of gonads large enough to say it, good for him.

Since Theodore Roosevelt, almost every president has used more executive orders than Obama, and the presidents who did use it less over that time only served one term. The only president that never used executive orders was William Henry Harrison, and that's because he died after serving for 1 month.

Executive orders are something all presidents do, and their opponents conveniently (hypocritically) use it to score political points. It is much different than shutting down the entire government to reshape it.

edit on 08pm06pm312015-08-04T18:27:40-05:0006America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
When this last happened, it cost the country BILLIONS, and put a multitude of small businesses.

Aren't those the peeps Congress is supposed to be helping?? :O

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The next President was already selected at the Bilderberg conference. Trump et al are just a dog and pony show to keep us occupied til the chosen one humbly accepts Hilliary's concession next November. Of course, that could be Trump on the other end of the phone.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
We don't really need a central government. Us real AmeriCANS know how to take care of ourselves..

Besides, we all know the government only works for the government.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

There are people who voted for bama ... twice..

And you are calling Trump supports gullible?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join