It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5th Planned Parenthood Video Released

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Does PP provide abortions.... even in cases where the life and health of the mother are at risk?

Direct fetal intracardiac potassium chloride injection effectively causes immediate fetal cardiac arrest. This approach may be adopted in cases of abortion by labor-induction methods at advanced gestations to ensure that the abortus is stillborn.

National Institutes of Health

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Directly? Indirectly? or not at all? Can I infer that you'd support a complete third party accounting then? My guess would be that you'd find some issue with that as well.

Were that to be done in an open book fashion we'd have our answers as to profit making off of dead babies or not and whether public funding is mixed and intermingled wouldn't we?

I don't think either of us is qualified to answer those questions today and I'm not exactly assured of anything PP and its supporters claim.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The Gallop polling is so easy to find I don't think I or anyone needs you to do the "work" but thanks anyway.

It's not about how "easy" it is to find something. You just do it because it is common courtesy to back up your claims with sources. ESPECIALLY claims involving statistics.

Up thread it was called idiocy to support budget battle over PP's funding. I mentioned Gallop polling on general abortion beliefs in order to qualify that more than likely a MAJORITY of people do not believe its idiocy to challenge that funding.

It IS idiocy. Abortion is only 3% of Planned Parenthood's services and according to the Hyde Amendment almost none of the tax payer funding going to PP can be used for abortion services. So anyone with a brain and who is willing to detach their emotions and confirmation bias from the issue would be able to see that defunding Planned Parenthood will only result in defunding all the OTHER things that PP does.

And I'm sure you're well aware those numbers go above 70% regards partial birth except in case of danger to mothers health.

You seem to be unaware that tax payer money doesn't go to abortions already...
edit on 4-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

What about all the babies God kills through miscarriages?

Mother Nature works in strange ways.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

that's your argument??

No, I am questioning your argument that only people that oppose abortion to any degree feel that women are too stupid to make decisions.
But I am pretty sure that you knew that... didn't you?

edit on b000000312015-08-04T14:18:15-05:0002America/ChicagoTue, 04 Aug 2015 14:18:15 -0500200000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Planned Parenthood focuses 97% of itself on women's health and birth control which prevents the NEED for abortions. So by cutting their funding or getting rid of them, you're essentially going to be killing more babies.

It's the impact of the "3%" that affects the argument.

And the "3%" assumes creative accounting and selective reporting.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And that's supposed to be opposed to the pro-life crowd that just assumes that abortions are the only things that Planned Parenthood even does?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Innocent "People" in foreign countries can actually run away or fight back (however futile) when 'other' military people try to kill them.

How can a person with no weapon fight against a drone or artillery shell?

Innocent babies in the womb, cannot fight back...and certainly can't run away from the forceps about to crush their little skulls. Bit of a difference.

Just because you want there to be a difference doesn't mean there is one.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: butcherguy

I am always shocked at how some people are so ready with plans to kill actual viable humans.

Monster.

I'll be happy to let you retract that if you want.

You edited your post. I have no need to retract anything. You responded to the discussion with a description of how to kill a 40 week old "fetus." I am still horrified by that kind of thinking.

Why cowardly change what you said?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

According to what's been put out there, yes, the law was broken.

Murder or not as you've stated.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Phoenix

Tax money is not used for abortion.

Next?

You could be wright.

4 Ways Your Tax Dollars Are Paying for Abortions

The first paragraph proves the title of the article wrong.

Numerous laws have been passed, starting in 1976 with the Hyde Amendment, in attempts to prohibit public funding for abortion services. However, your tax dollars might continue to slip through the complex health care system to fund abortions.

The word might in it means it isn't happening.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry

According to what's been put out there, yes, the law was broken.

Murder or not as you've stated.

And what's been put out there isn't valid evidence that can be used in a court of law. So whatever THAT says is irrelevant. The only ones who determine if a law was broken is the DOJ and the DOJ can't use that evidence, even if it WASN'T overly biased and heavily edited.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What about all the babies God kills through miscarriages?

Mother Nature works in strange ways.

Nevertheless God kills far more babies than PP does so why aren't these people crying for God to be banned seeing how they care about unborn babies so much.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Oh.

Here are four ways public funds can pay for abortions:

1. Health insurance exchanges developed through Obamacare provided participants with coverage at reduced or subsidized rates, but the plans were supposed to prohibit coverage for abortions. Those insured were required to use personal funds to pay for abortions instead of through the insurance plans.

Yet a Government Accountability Office (GAO) review of 18 health insurance companies in the exchange programs showed they didn't actually follow through on this requirement, according to the National Review. Abortions were paid, often without any itemization of expenditures reported.

It's the old saying "we try harder".

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Nevertheless God kills far more babies than PP does so why aren't these people crying for God to be banned seeing how they care about unborn babies so much.

God has reasons beyond your control.

You will find out some day.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: jimmyx
isn't it amazing that the actual pregnant women are never mentioned, or interviewed......this is a war on women, because they are regarded as being too stupid, to make decisions about their own body.

That seems to be the way Planned Parenthood sees it.
They are there to counsel the women for some reason. Apparently they think the women are too stupid to make their own decisions.

Are you f@$!ing kidding here? I've never said this before, but mind blown.
edit on 8/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Hyde Amendment

I will admit that my first response would be why should the People pay for a "third-party" accounting when there is no evidence of any wrong doing?

I'm not as fond of wasting the government's money on investigations as those on the right seem to be.

Guess, huh? If that's your best guess, you should keep your day job, LOL. Certainly stay out of the stock market.

Do you have any evidence of Planned Parenthood breaking the law, specifically, under the Hyde Amendment?

While we're here, do you support abortion in the case of incest, rape, danger to the pregnant woman's life?

Thanks for your answers if you choose to make them.

I'd trust Planned Parenthood more than a bunch of known fraudulent and huckstering anti-choice zealots who commit identity fraud, theft and anything else because they think the law doesn't apply to them.

I'm waiting for them to call it a religious exemption.

edit on 14Tue, 04 Aug 2015 14:39:57 -050015p022015866 by Gryphon66 because: added "my first response" to the first line

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Criminals always find ways to break laws.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

The 1993 National Institutes of Health Revitalization Act states that human fetal tissue may be obtained from an abortion only if “no alteration of the timing, method or procedures used to terminate the pregnancy was made solely for the purposes of obtaining the tissue” and the “abortion was performed in accordance with applicable state law.”

Well that's interesting. From the second video...

"I'll mention this to Ian and see how he feels about using a less crunchy technique to get more whole specimens."

But as we all know, the video was edited to make her look guilty. The people filming her must have written that on a napkin and asked her to read it out loud.

edit on 4-8-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

So reverting to calling someone "brainless" which in many cases is exactly how these live babies end up dead by the way and claiming confirmation bias after calling them idiots is typical of a mindset that justifies killing babies and parting them out as if they were a wrecked automobile for profit.

Of course PP is going to claim by accounting tricks and verbiage that no profit is made, to do otherwise would result in federal charges.

The motivation to avoid charges does not give me the warm fuzzies enough to accept anything PP and its supporters say at face value period.

Stop the funding and do a full investigation and if PP is cleared of all controversy then reconsider any continued taxpayer support - that SOP for most other programs.

Arguing pedigree of the videos in no way changes the breaking of existing federal law and PP along with its supporters doing their level best to deny that is to be expected however it doesn't change the facts as presented.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join