It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5th Planned Parenthood Video Released

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
People need to be watching the unedited, long version first before the edited, propaganda piece.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

Actually it says all of those things. For instance, those videos could never be used in a court of law against PP since they were obtained under false pretenses and violate various wiretapping laws. The credibility of those videos never existed since they originate from a pro-life source. The bias pretty much guarantees the lack of credibility. Then all the selective editing shoots any remaining credibility out the window. Any detective worth his salt that looks at those videos would throw them away immediately as unusable.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

And are you admitting your objectivity is skewed because you don't support PP?

The video is intentional, and creatively edited to distort the truth. You cannot dispute that.

Oh, the video is real -- but the "crimes" being allegedly committed by PP are not real.

You just don't like abortion so anything that shows abortion in a negative light will be defended to the ends of the Earth, despite glaring and obvious edits in the video which show obvious, intentional deception on the part of the video maker.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
ya I know, I've been googling for a few days now. it was up thought wasn't it???

I just find it hard to believe that the judge would order them not to distribute the videos and neglect to tell them they can't be distributing emails, pamphlets, ect, that were obtained by breaking the confidentiality agreement....
and well, they are still distrubiting those on their website last I checked. and to me they would be much more damaging than the videos. won't go into why I say that, but well, as far as confidentiality goes, they are.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
People need to be watching the unedited, long version first before the edited, propaganda piece.

Exactly. You can TOTALLY tell these videos were put together to display a certain message and it even bleeds through into their edits.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Can't say. I'm pretty sure that if CMP is skirting this court order, it isn't the first time they violated the law in their quest to manufacture this scandal.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

It won't make any difference.

They're killing unborn babies in both versions.

Sadly, I'll never convince you that it's wrong, and you'll never convince me that it's right.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
One question. ....
If someone murders a pregnant woman and is charged with two counts of murder no matter how far along the pregnancy is.
How can you take an unborn child out of someone and sell any part of it and think that is ok?
My question is not weather abortion should be legal or not but how can the law be different for the same outcome. ? Why do we have laws that contradict other laws?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
well, as far as the videos go, I think the court order just involved stem express, and well, there's a second court order for another group that they showed up and taped a conference or something like that...they can't use any of the information that was obtained about those two groups. as far as I know planned parenthood hasn't sued and there's no court order involving the material that they got from them yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Sadly, I'll never convince you that it's wrong, and you'll never convince me that it's right.

That doesn't matter, because abortion being wrong or not isn't the issue here. Getting an abortion is already legal. This video is trying to show that PP is doing something that is illegal.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

As I said, killing innocent people in foreign countries is wrong and it upsets me -- but I'm not calling for the military to be disarmed. Just like PP they do a lot more good than the bad.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
well, as far as the videos go, I think the court order just involved stem express, and well, there's a second court order for another group that they showed up and taped a conference or something like that...they can't use any of the information that was obtained about those two groups. as far as I know planned parenthood hasn't sued and there's no court order involving the material that they got from them yet.

I think that about sums up what I know on the issue. I had to look it all up this morning when I saw the 5th video released because I had similar concerns. Finding information on it and if CMP violated the order with this video is really hard though. I'm pretty sure that CMP is in the clear as far as the order goes in any case.

What I DO know is that I'm getting really tired of seeing these videos that get released whenever CMP thinks they aren't getting enough outrage against PP to get them shutdown. Notice that this video was released RIGHT after the Senate failed to defund PP? From what I understand, there is like 12 of these things. With 7 more offerings, this stupid scandal won't go away for awhile...

I really hope that CMP gets criminally indicted and the people behind those videos go to jail. You shouldn't be able to just manufacture an emotional scandal like this and get away with it.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I was referring to the donation or "selling" of intact specimens.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

But see, that's what the conservatives WANT you to do, conflate the idea that these fetuses are intact so therefore they must have been aborted and still alive.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm
ya know in one state that has laws like what you are describing,
one man has been prosecuted, while a whole mess of women have been for miscarriages....

but well, they don't want to stop the trade of the tissue, there's revenue in that for big businesses, at least on that has connections to people in high places in our gov't. so no, ain't gonna be nothing done on that level I don't think.
this is just an attack on planned parenthood....that is all, their motive at the most is to bring them down (who knows maybe they are the most ethical of the suppliers and well, it better serves the revenues of these big businesses to have them gone so the business the other suppliers can get is increased.

I tend not to take much at face value anymore I'm afraid. there always seems to motives within the motives, weaving a giant web around the truth so it will never be known.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: introvert

Yes, it is illegal.

The 1993 National Institutes of Health Revitalization Act states that human fetal tissue may be obtained from an abortion only if “no alteration of the timing, method or procedures used to terminate the pregnancy was made solely for the purposes of obtaining the tissue” and the “abortion was performed in accordance with applicable state law.”

www.nationalreview.com...

You are talking about two different things. One is the method in which the fetus is extracted, the other is how the fetus is terminated.

Read your quotes please.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I wish they'd investigate both sides, really investigate looking for the truth and not just more ammunition for their political machines.....and well, any criminal activity should be prosecuted. that would seem fair to me.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I don't think it's "right" but I also don't see many other alternatives. Being pro "choice" doesn't mean I am gung-ho for abortions.

Destroying PP will undoubtedly cause more abortions.

So, if you want even more fetuses to be aborted, go ahead and rip PP apart and get rid of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

a reply to: beezzer

As I said, killing innocent people in foreign countries is wrong and it upsets me -- but I'm not calling for the military to be disarmed. Just like PP they do a lot more good than the bad.

Flawed logic.
Innocent "People" in foreign countries can actually run away or fight back (however futile) when 'other' military people try to kill them.
Innocent babies in the womb, cannot fight back...and certainly can't run away from the forceps about to crush their little skulls.
Bit of a difference.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: introvert

But see, that's what the conservatives WANT you to do, conflate the idea that these fetuses are intact so therefore they must have been aborted and still alive.

There are too many emotions and agendas in play here.

We have an anti-abortion organization that is releasing propaganda, a political party that is using this for as much political capital it can squeeze out of it and we even have members on this site that are using this to validate their political beliefs.

They whine and cry about the dead babies, but I can't help but feel they really don't care. They are just like the politicians that will use this to drive political agendas and partisan points.

What's worse: Allowing women the freedom to do what they want, or using the death of babies for political purposes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join