It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COINTELPRO and what really happened to Tupac.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
John Potash took serious time digging up evidence. Basically what he discovered is that the FBI targeted black leaders from MLK to Malcolm X, Hendrix, Tupac, and assassinated every one of them, among others. Video from Author here: www.youtube.com...

This phone conversation shines Tupac in a very different light, and if you'll listen you will hear him speak about doing free shows for black communities and his idea to bring peace to the streets: www.youtube.com...

After Tupac and Biggie hip-hop crumbled to sh!t-hop, no longer about rebellion or wisdom.... And today, we're left with this: www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
don't know if the cia assassinated him or not. but he did run in circles where the less socially inclined do indeed shoot each other over stupid stuff.

I remember watching interviews with tupaks friends after his death. one story a few of them told was the time tupak randomly shot up his own couch. in his own home. in front of guests with an ak47.

true he was a good poet and was a complex individual probably running to both extremes of his emotional and intellectual spectrum. saying he probably had a good side and a not too good side. when people are making a ton of money (including the community he was hanging out in) off of posturing like a gangsta. chances are youll fall on your sword eventually. even if parts of you were doing good positive things. he still surrounded himself with folks that wernt so much. and things happen.

I remember tupaks first debut in the entertainment industry. he was dancing in the background with a blow up sex doll in the humpty dance video.

the cia didn't need to do much more in tupaks situation other than throw wood in the fire. the scene he was participating in was going to burn itself down anyhow. not so much gangsta rap these days. the scene was taken to such an extreme that the backlash in that industry was to do the opposite in a large part and develop trite party rap music like little Wayne et al.

whatever happened to the good old days like when there was hoodini and world famous supreme team. I liked their agenda better. some of those folks died from partying too hard but not so many from trying to posture themselves as gangstas
edit on 4-8-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

The FBI. Not what you have seen in the movies America. There is no more dangerous entity on US soil.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

id argue the cia is scarier than the fbi.

(post by Edumakated removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

id argue the cia is scarier than the fbi.

The most effective intelligence agencies and federal agencies are the ones you don't hear very much about.

The FBI is certainly not in the news as much as the CIA I would think. Probably making them a more effective force.

That and they don't really need to operate in the shadows as much as the CIA would need to. And they can operate on US Soil where the CIA cannot if I'm not mistaken. At least not officially speaking.

As for the OP, I would not be surprised one bit by this. It seems more likely that it was the result of the feuds on going in the hip hop scene at that time, but who really knows. The media has been a tool a manipulation for a long time, and people re-write history to support those lies.

~Tenth
edit on 8/4/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
From what I can ascertain, these types of things are not done in the "official" capacity of the FBI/CIA/DOD/DHS ect...

Rather, they are done by "rouge" groups within these agencies. This serves to provide plausible deniability in the even their involvement becomes known. It shields the leaders and politicians involved in these plots from ever having any accountability.

"They weren't acting on behalf of the REAL FBI..."

Anyone ever seen the show "Alias"? We have the assets and the technology to pull off this kind of social engineering if those at the top want it -- it's a matter of doing so in such a way that no one from the government is ever implicated.

The FBI is known to use "informants" that aren't technically FBI employees. These informants can do things federal law enforcement can't do (use drugs, commit crimes) -- and they can also be "cut loose" at any time and knowledge about them denied by the agency that employed them.

I would guess that many plea deals at the federal level might involve the criminal becoming an "informant" in exchange for a commuted sentence -- anyone know the plot behind the comic book "Suicide Squad"?

Anyway, there does seem to be some kind of agenda behind degrading the hip-hop/black music industry, steering it away from empowering music and encouraging a culture of violence, sex, and drug abuse.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

As Chris rock says, MLK was assassinated, JFK was assassinated, tupac and biggie were shot

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Given all the drug money in hip hop, the simplest answer for why FBI would even be remotely interested in Tupac is his ties to Death Row. It is well known that many record labels are just fronts for drug money laundering. I'd surmise they probably thought surveillance of Tupac might lead to bigger fish.

Hip Hop has been on a race to the bottom since the late 90s. There have always been minstrel acts, but the sheer buffoon and coonery that has become hip hop today is just the result of capitalism, a dumb downed public, and easily accessible technology that allows anyone to become a social media entertainment star overnight.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Of course rap labels are fronts for drug money -- how do you think some of those record labels even got started? Take your drug money and buy production/recording equipment. Once you get successful enough, you can go "legit" and stop funding things with drug money.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

You obviously know nothing about him. A fantastic poet and lyrical genius.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

He was actually a member of Digital Underground, not just the dance partner for the blow up doll.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

We each have our own opinion, but I always felt he was over rated as an MC. Yes, I think he was a very emotional artist, but face facts. No one walks around quoting Tupac bars. I can't think of one bar from him that make the hair on my arms stand up from the sheer creativity, use of metaphors, similes, etc.

Biggie on the other hand? That is lyrical genius...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Look at ICE T, he went from being a gangster singing about killing cops to playing one on TV and now is a morning talk show host.
ICE CUBE , from singing about killing cops to playing cops in the movies. One extreme to the other. At least Will Smith didn't do the gangster thing, his music was more fun then he was the fresh prince of Bel Air and has become an excellent actor. Maybe if Tupac was still alive they might have all been on morning TV together. ....who knows.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

What?! Come on!!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
By no means is this necessarily the reason he was murdered, but here are my thoughts on Tupac.

He was in too deep, too early in his life, and wasn't experienced enough to know how to handle kind of people he found himself involved with when he started to making a name for himself as an artist.
In those few years i suspect be rubbed up against some people in a way they didn't like one too many times and they bumped him off. Tupac was very paranoid and often wrote in his lyrics and confided in family and friends that he thought he was going to be killed. Just before his trip to the Tyson fight in Vegas, he said he was scared something was going to happen to him and didn't want to go. But he went, and thus he was finally murdered. This is another thing about Tupac, he was fearless and thought he was invincible... But because of how young and inexperienced he was I also think he was blind... He felt the shadows closing in around him, but he didn't want to believe they could touch him or he was blind to them because of inexperience... If he wasnt so fearless, and didn't think of himself as invincible, he would still be alive today. It's a shame he isn't, because he had a very good survival instinct...

Politically his involvement with the black panthers i think is what ultimately led to his downfall...

The reason I suspect that is because he met a lot of powerful black people, but they weren't politically ambitious like tupac was... They were the opposite, they worked for the Mob basically... The last kind of people you want to be talking up political ambitions to... That's may be why he came out with songs like Killuminati.. He realized be had crossed the line and underestimated some dodgy cats and by doing so made himself a target... He clearly saw himself as a young Godfather like figure ... Who staked his claim to the throne in the wrong nejghbourhood, without realizing half the cats he was trying to recruit were already loyal to another kingpin... And so it goes. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Given all the drug money in hip hop, the simplest answer for why FBI would even be remotely interested in Tupac is his ties to Death Row. It is well known that many record labels are just fronts for drug money laundering. I'd surmise they probably thought surveillance of Tupac might lead to bigger fish.

Hip Hop has been on a race to the bottom since the late 90s. There have always been minstrel acts, but the sheer buffoon and coonery that has become hip hop today is just the result of capitalism, a dumb downed public, and easily accessible technology that allows anyone to become a social media entertainment star overnight.

I have never been a fan of hip-hop. To be honest I don't know anything about it other than it is not my particular cup of tea. I remember, even though I didn't care for the music per say, I allowed my nephew to listen to some hip-hop, when he was growing up. I do remember the message was very positive back then. There is no way in hell I would let him listen to the majority of the garbage I hear out there today.

It does seem to be an overt attempt at conditioning and control. I don’t know how any parent would allow their hard earned money to go towards supporting those performers. I don’t blame the industry alone. They would go belly-up if people stopped buying what they are selling. Our power is how we spend our money. We can take back control if we use our power wisely.

My big push is for people to wisen up. Stop playing the patsy. Stop supporting our enemies.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Lol, I reckon Tupac got shot because he slept with his mortal foe's girlfriend Faith Evans . Sometimes it is as simple as that:

"You claim to be a player But I #ed your wife", said Tupac. Biggie got his revenge. Biggie lived and died by the sword in 1997. Gang land business I guess.

The government were found guilty in court of a conspiracy to assassinate Martin Luther King.

Malcolm X (Nation of Islam infighting). Though there might be a little more to it than that.

Just because they black does not mean they all died martyrs for the same cause and reason.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Biggie wasn't that heartless I don't think.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

We each have our own opinion, but I always felt he was over rated as an MC. Yes, I think he was a very emotional artist, but face facts. No one walks around quoting Tupac bars. I can't think of one bar from him that make the hair on my arms stand up from the sheer creativity, use of metaphors, similes, etc.

Biggie on the other hand? That is lyrical genius...

Funny enough, my favorite Tupac quotes are from "Hit em up" where he rips Biggie and others from the East coast. Youre right tho, Biggie was a much better lyricist..

btw, dont be so hard on the rap scene. Of course we have an overload of commercial basura, but theres tons of great music out there. Just have to dig deeper for it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join