It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African-American Statehood

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Hasn't worked out well for the Indians, but hey whatever rocks your boat.

The Indians are scattered out into little pockets across the country, this is hardly the same thing.

edit on 5-8-2015 by Bone75 because: typo

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti
a reply to: Bone75

I noted earlier in your thread that your question was clearly in line with the desires and aspirations of Malcolm X. It would be hard to characterise Malcolm X as a black-hating racist.

However, the idea of carving out a nation for black descendants of African slaves from within the USA is an idea that would go nowhere today.

Creating a new nation in Africa however could spark the imagination, but it would require an enormous amount of money to make it happen. So... Imagine if Minister Farrakhan decided that the time had come for black people to leave North America and return to Mother Africa. I can see many, many people following him on that Hejira including some of my younger cousins.

I ignored this thread because of its obvious undertones. But I did want to correct something you mentioned.

In the 1800s, there was a large "Back to Africa" movement for freed & escaped slaves. Present day Liberia is the result. Originally, it was a lot of separate colonies, like New Georgia, Pennsylvania Colony, and Mississippi colony. Here's a map of it. The capital of Liberia is Monrovia, named after a certain US President. Even Pres. Abraham Lincoln originally wanted the freed slaves to go to Liberia (technically, he didn't want them freed at first; but even when he moved to freeing them, he wanted them to go to Liberia).

Anyway, in the early 1900s, Marcus Garvey did exactly what you're speaking of. He was an incredibly popular, incredibly controversial, and incredibly polarizing African American civil rights leader & businessman. He's even considered a prophet by some Rastafarian sects. Anyway, he was a big supporter of the "Back to Africa" movement. His view was basically "why stay somewhere we're not wanted & will never be seen as equals?" He was so big on this that he even made an alliance w/the KKK, to leave them alone if they left him & his supporters alone. Remember, by 1924, roughly 1/4 of every white male in the South was an official member of the KKK.

All of that leads to this: Garvey was both loved & hated by the rest of the African American communities. Most Civil Rights leaders hated what he stood for because they simply wanted to be American citizens with equal rights, benefits, and protections. They wanted to be Americans. And Garvey's alliance with white supremacists was inexcusable. After all, they were the chief political forces maintaining the racial segregation of the time (not to mention their frequent lynchings & bombings). So most African Americans obviously chose to stay in America, preferring the long fight for equality over the short journey of "screw you, I'm out!". (The FBI was started during Garvey's heyday and the young Hoover made him public enemy #1. The rest is history.)

And this is also why Garvey is nearly completely forgotten in American history, even though he was rich & famous during his time. Because the vast majority of African Americans rejected what he stood for then & even more so now. Our ancestors built this country too. So why should we give up our birthrights as American citizens just because... Ok, I'll stop right there. You get the point.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

The Indians are scattered out into little pockets across the country, this hardly the same thing.

One thing to consider is the poorest group in America is all so the most subsidized...Indians..

The second poorest group is also the second most subsidized group, African Americans...All I can vision is one big subsidized hood...
edit on 5-8-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Yes it is, KKK racist ideology not even vieled racism.

I'm not familiar with KKK ideology. As a few posters have pointed out now, this is actually Malcom X ideology... if anything.

To seperate people in anything based on race is the very definition of racism.

Um, no its not.

Racism-
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Yes it is racist to seperate anything based on race. How old are you? Did you learn this in school?

Youre missing his point. MOST BLACK PEOPLE SELF SEGREGATE THEMSELVES FROM OTHERS OF DIFFERING ETHNICITIES JUST LIKE ALL OTHER ONES DO. You been to china town? Same principle.

ALso the proper term is ETHNICISM not RACISM since "race" is a man made concept outside of talking about the entire human race.

(post by JakeLo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Its never been ok and never will be.

So you're ready to close all black colleges?

Im ready to tell you racism is not ok, start with the man in the mirror, move on from there.

Racists dont deserve to be around sane people.

"Racial" and "racist" are not the same thing.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Where would be a good place to put all the progressive liberals?

Guantanamo Bay with the rest of the terrorists.

You seem to have your own stratification of the American demographic..... Just what America needs more divisiveness , partisanship, racism and bickering.

Says the guy who posts article after article after article from Raw Story... pot meet kettle.
edit on 5-8-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You seem to have your own stratification of the American demographic..... Just what America needs more divisiveness , partisanship, racism and bickering.

Says the guy who posts article after article after article from Raw Story... pot meet kettle.

Wow. So you think all progressive Americans & liberal Americans deserve to be removed & sent to Guantanamo Bay? Where people have been held for more than 10 years without so much as a conviction & some were even tortured?

And you want all black/African Americans to be racially segregated & removed from all other Americans too? In other words, you want an America composed of only white conservatives. I knew what you were trying to say from the opening post which is why I avoided this thread. Be honest, how do you feel about this video?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

And you want all black/African Americans to be racially segregated & removed from all other Americans too?

I really wish you all would stop that. Not once did I say I want black people to be segregated or removed... progressive liberals are a different story, but that's a topic for another thread.

And I'm a Communist, not a Nazi.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Wow. So you think all progressive Americans & liberal Americans deserve to be removed & sent to Guantanamo Bay? Where people have been held for more than 10 years without so much as a conviction & some were even tortured?

And you want all black/African Americans to be racially segregated & removed from all other Americans too? In other words, you want an America composed of only white conservatives. I knew what you were trying to say from the opening post which is why I avoided this thread. Be honest, how do you feel about this video?

Terrorist under geneva conventions have no rights except a quick death. Also OP isnt saying HE wants them SEGREGATED and if you read the entire thread you would had seen that comment. See my post above as well. THEY SELF SEGREGATE THEMSELVES ALREADY. the OP ASKED Woudl They like their own free country and they still retain the rights to visit the rest of the US and come and go as they please.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

And you want all black/African Americans to be racially segregated & removed from all other Americans too?

I really wish you all would stop that. Not once did I say I want black people to be segregated or removed... progressive liberals are a different story, but that's a topic for another thread.

And I'm a Communist, not a Nazi.

Don't play dumb. You specifically made this thread because of your grand idea of African Americans being removed from the US. And you specifically said all progressive liberals should go to Guantanamo Bay "with the rest of the terrorists".

I asked you about the video because that particular group considers themselves "a political advocacy group for white Americans" and says "don't just let your country be taken over". Those are actual quotes from the video. So I asked whether you agree with that video or not, not whether you agree with the group.

Be honest & open.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Thank you, am I really failing to convey that in a comprehensible manner lol?

This is why I can't stand () MOST () Progressives.

"Hey black folks, would you like to have 13% of the country?"...

"Oh you no good dirty freaking racist!!! You hate black people!!!"

"Sorry Sir but I don't think my God would approve of me baking a cake for your wedding."...

"Oh you no good dirty freaking bigot!!! You hate gay people!!! You're just hiding behind your religion!!!"

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Terrorist under geneva conventions have no rights except a quick death. Also OP isnt saying HE wants them SEGREGATED and if you read the entire thread you would had seen that comment. See my post above as well. THEY SELF SEGREGATE THEMSELVES ALREADY. the OP ASKED Woudl They like their own free country and they still retain the rights to visit the rest of the US and come and go as they please.

You don't even know what you're talking about. How can black people leave the country & form a country strictly for black people without segregating ourselves? Do you even know what the word means?

Also, that's dumb saying we self segregate ourselves. My neighbor's white so I guess that proves your theory is a lie, right? Or are you using arbitrary "facts" you pulled out of nowhere to prove your point?

Most of America was racially segregated by law until 1964. And even after forced racial segregation was outlawed, many communities, real estate agents, and landlords did something called "red lining". This technique specifically kept minorities in separate places from white Americans. And even now, there are entire counties in most States which have 5% or fewer minorities. In other words, we're not the ones "segregating ourselves".

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Thank you, am I really failing to convey that in a comprehensible manner lol?

This is why I can't stand () MOST () Progressives.

"Hey black folks, would you like to have 13% of the country?"...

"Oh you no good dirty freaking racist!!! You hate black people!!!"

"Sorry Sir but I don't think my God would approve of me baking a cake for your wedding."...

"Oh you no good dirty freaking bigot!!! You hate gay people!!! You're just hiding behind your religion!!!"

No it's because you think we're stupid. You say "Would you like to have 13% of the country?" while conveniently leaving out all of the important details that you think we won't realize.

In the OP you said "You're own country to run however you see fit." That means we're literally no longer American citizens. Who decides what land we'd be on? And why do we all have to leave to go to this undisclosed land? What about the African American landowners who have property, small businesses, jobs, investments, debts & credits, family, and friends all over the country? What about all of us who automatically pay into Medicare & FICA with every paycheck? What about all of us who are members of various American organizations, groups, teams, etc? And this doesn't even touch on the African Americans who are in the US military, were in the US military, or are in some US government position.

After a few seconds, it becomes obvious what your proposal is actually about. Especially since it's not African Americans asking to secede in the first place. You, a non-black American who thinks all progressives & liberals are terrorists, wants black people to discard all of our legal connections to America in order to get on some large reservation of someone else's choosing. Oh sorry, I mean "leave everything and form our own country in some undisclosed place".

Eff that. If we wanted to leave, we could renounce our citizenships right now & go to any number of "black" majority countries that already exist. I have no problem with those countries because every country has its pro's & con's. But I have just as much of a right to be an American citizen as every other American does. The whole point in the abolition movement & Civil Rights movement is that we want to be equal American citizens, with equal rights, benefits, duties, and protections. Not so we can spit on our recent ancestors' struggles by abandoning the land they worked or abandoning the rights they literally bled for us to receive.

That's why your proposal sounds like crap.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You don't even know what you're talking about. How can black people leave the country & form a country strictly for black people without segregating ourselves? Do you even know what the word means?

Also, that's dumb saying we self segregate ourselves. My neighbor's white so I guess that proves your theory is a lie, right? Or are you using arbitrary "facts" you pulled out of nowhere to prove your point?

Most of America was racially segregated by law until 1964. And even after forced racial segregation was outlawed, many communities, real estate agents, and landlords did something called "red lining". This technique specifically kept minorities in separate places from white Americans. And even now, there are entire counties in most States which have 5% or fewer minorities. In other words, we're not the ones "segregating ourselves".

*DOUBLE FACEPALM* IF the New country was FORMED IN THE US It would be easy to re locate. LIKE GROUPS STICK TOGETHER. Look at CHINATOWN. Of course there is going to be a few here and there but th emajority of areas(harlem was a good example at one time) perfeer to be around liek minded and similiar looking people. ALmost all ethnicities in theis country have areas where its almost exclusively them and people like them

Ive noticed it myself so i know from experiance not just pulling it out of nowhere. Of course its illegal to segregate but only if its done by other etnicities apparently instead of the ethnicity in question.

OH and the OP was saying VOLUNTARY ONLY. Not forced which you are implying.
edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: clarification

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

No it's because you think we're stupid. You say "Would you like to have 13% of the country?" while conveniently leaving out all of the important details that you think we won't realize.

I've posted this like twice now...
africanamericanhomeland.com...

And why do we all have to leave to go to this undisclosed land?

Who said anything about you having to leave?

If you like your home, you can keep your home.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

*DOUBLE FACEPALM* IF the New country was FORMED IN THE US It would be easy to re locate. LIKE GROUPS STICK TOGETHER. Look at CHINATOWN. Of course there is going to be a few here and there but th emajority of areas(harlem was a good example at one time) perfeer to be around liek minded and similiar looking people. ALmost all ethnicities in theis country have areas where its almost exclusively them and people like them

Ive noticed it myself so i know from experiance not just pulling it out of nowhere. Of course its illegal to segregate but only if its done by other etnicities apparently instead of the ethnicity in question.

OH and the OP was saying VOLUNTARY ONLY. Not forced which you are implying.

How can a new country be formed inside of the US? That doesn't even make sense. The USA is the country, not the States. Our States have literally no ability to do what actual countries can do, such as negotiate trade deals, negotiate military deals and alliances, launch wars of their choosing, establish their own currency, join international organizations like NATO or BRICS, etc.

Also, people have a tendency to be around people they identify with. As well as be around their families & extended families. I'm not denying that. But that's not what segregation is, particularly in context with America. Otherwise you're racially segregating yourself every time you hang with specific family members.

In an American context, Segregation was an actual series of laws (called "Jim Crow" laws) which kept the "races" in America separate for almost 100 years. We couldn't go to the same schools, work at the same companies, etc. Many entire neighborhoods wouldn't even allow non-whites to walk down their streets. The state of Mississippi even outlawed the children's show "Sesame Street" for having an interracial cast. And that was in 1970! That's Segregation in the context of America. So your examples don't match up.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I've posted this like twice now...
africanamericanhomeland.com...

And why do we all have to leave to go to this undisclosed land?

Who said anything about you having to leave?

If you like your home, you can keep your home.

What kind of crap is that? Some cheap site from someone no one's ever heard of? They didn't even list their full name: "Frederick D". For all I know, that could be you.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

For all I know, that could be you.

Well its not, though I had a feeling you were going to say that.

Are you opposed to his plan or just his website and lack of notoriety?

The comments look pretty positive.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

For all I know, that could be you.

Well its not, though I had a feeling you were going to say that.

Are you opposed to his plan or just his website and lack of notoriety?

The comments look pretty positive.

Why don't you read the post I made above, the one that starts with "No it's because you think we're stupid."

It goes into detail on my thoughts about this.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join