It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African-American Statehood

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

It wouldn't work now because blacks have become to dependent on liberal ideology. Back then, we were forced to develop our economy, focus on our education, etc. The mindset today of the typical black American is totally different. Despite all the wealth and success that many blacks have attained today, we don't even own the economy of our own neighborhoods anymore.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Then maybe the black female politician in New York who suggested separating public housing by "culture" because to many Asian immigrants were taking it should also offend you?

why don't you make a thread about it where it is the TOPIC and we'll see.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

how about giving right-wing Christians their own little piece of America...maybe Alabama and Georgia combined. that way they can own slaves, repeal the ACA, repeal voting rights, cut taxes down to the bone, repeal all government social services, repeal all business regulations, Christian schools only, bibles in every school desk, no inter-racial marriage, no gay marriage...etc.

Never freakin' mind.
edit on 8/4/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

we don't even own the economy of our own neighborhoods anymore.

Who shops and spends money in those neighborhoods?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If i recall correctly, African Americans help build this land, so why should they leave? Heck, they were actually here first. Do your research my friend. Maybe you should take a boat and go back to where your people came from.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

we don't even own the economy of our own neighborhoods anymore.

Who shops and spends money in those neighborhoods?

Black folks shop and spend money, but we don't own the stores thus the money leaves the community. The first self-made female millionaire (Black or white) was a Madame CJ Walker. She made her millions with black hair care products. Now we don't even own the beauty supply stores in our own neighborhoods. Those stores are pretty much controlled by Koreans. Middle easterners own all the convenience stores / bodegas.

The black community used to understand the importance of owning businesses within your community because we were forced to do so because of segregation. We had no choice.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

If the surrounding residents find that objectionable, then stop shopping there and let them fold. Replace them with Black-owned businesses. I know that's easier said than done, but nonetheless can be done.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Like I said, the black community no longer has the mindset. Our leaders (Jesse, Al, etc) are just water boys for progressive liberals. Large percentage of blacks are slaves with no chains.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Are we talking 'African' Americans ... or just Black Americans..?

pun intended.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Like I said, the black community no longer has the mindset. Our leaders (Jesse, Al, etc) are just water boys for progressive liberals. Large percentage of blacks are slaves with no chains.

That defeatist attitude doesn't fly. Are you secretly posting from the 1940's? Blacks have more power than you think they do.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

That would never fly

The US gubernent would never all it

How did reservations end up, not well

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: priceless34
If i recall correctly, African Americans help build this land, so why should they leave? Heck, they were actually here first. Do your research my friend. Maybe you should take a boat and go back to where your people came from.

Re-read the OP. No one was suggesting they leave. Rather, it was suggested they get their own piece to become their own country if they wanted to go there. I am assuming that the move would be voluntary. So, say Ohio and Indiana or some other set of two similarly sized pieces of land.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

That defeatist attitude doesn't fly. Are you secretly posting from the 1940's? Blacks have more power than you think they do.

It would depend.

Are you forcing all blacks to move there or only the ones who volunteer? And of the ones who decide to pull up stakes, will they have the necessary range of skills and ability to establish a working society out of whole cloth? Will you have the farmers, the tradesmen, the medical professionals, etc.? And if you do, will have enough?

If you don't, how will you get them?

What happens if you get an influx of gangs who decide they want to set up their own little fiefdoms carved out in blood?

How do you compensate for lack of family structure in your population as a whole? How would you re-establish that which would likely help you solve the gang issue?

Today's blacks as a community have a lot of problems no one talks about that this kind of experiment would quickly raise to the level of existential crisis.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Okay, we have Alabama, Georgia, Ohio and Indiana nominated for the take-over.

Should we take a vote, and by the way, who's gonna tell all the white people the good news?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree. The whole idea sucks enormously.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Okay, we have Alabama, Georgia, Ohio and Indiana nominated for the take-over.

Should we take a vote, and by the way, who's gonna tell all the white people the good news?

Actually I was thinking Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Georgia since those are the states with the highest percentages of black residents. Plus I think you'd be surprised at how many people in those states would be willing to relocate with just compensation.

Lord knows I would.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
No matter how you try to hide it, use clever euphemisms, stylized syntax and PC speech patterns; the racism is glaringly
obvious.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Are you forcing all blacks to move there or only the ones who volunteer?

Volunteer basis with at least 80% applying for citizenship or no deal.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Good God man!

You've got it all figured out; worked out. Damn.

Creepy, creepy thread. Goodbye.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
No matter how you try to hide it, use clever euphemisms, stylized syntax and PC speech patterns; the racism is glaringly
obvious.

Why? It's a hypothetical. We've discussed the idea of dividing the country up between political ideology before too.

There is the idea all over the world that different ethnic groups deserve their own "homelands." The Palestinians are the most obvious, but the Kurds have wanted their own forever. Look at the Basque separatists in Spain. Yugoslavia was split between the Bosnians and the Serbs. Everyone talks about those things and no one accuses anyone of being racist for it.

So because someone broached the subject of allowing American black to establish their own "homeland" in the continental US, it is suddenly racist? Are you going to argue that ethnic blacks should go back to Africa? I wouldn't they are culturally distinct from anything we're going to find in Africa. This is their home. They, themselves, would tell you they have their own culture, so you can't accuse us of being racist for noticing that.

So please explain what, other than allowing them to establish a segregated society for themselves if they so chose, is racist?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join