It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body Cam Shows What a SWAT Team Sees When they Raid Wrong Home, Flashbang Kids, Kick Cats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: alienjuggalo

So the morals are:

-Always password-protect your WiFi
-Conduct yourself absolutely calmly like these homeowners did so that you don't mistaken as aggressive and dangerous and possibly get shot
- Get those storm doors that have the safety glass so that this isn't as easy for the officer
- And last but not least, if you're a judge, PULL YOUR DAMN HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND ENSURE THAT THERE IS PLENTY OF EVIDENCE TO INVADE AND POTENTIALLY HARM AN INNOCENT FAMILY OF AMERICAN CITIZENS

Did I get all of them? At least the LEOs acted professionally during the assault.

I'm not sure if youre being sarcastic or actually serious....
make sure theres enough evidence to harm families?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Let's see what happens to a private citizen with ONE gun vs. a fully armed/armored SWAT team.

I'm sorry, I'm not into playing martyr. I want to live for another day.

Me too. And i don't sit with a pistol next to my chair.

But in the middle of an explosion of forceful activity I can't say my strategy wouldn't be "shoot first ask questions later". There are just enough home invasion burglaries in the area that a cop would be a total fool to kick in someone's door. And as bad a reputation as our local LEO have...they just don't do that kind of stuff. Common sense says, "Surround the place, and knock on the front door".

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That video was horrifying.... that little kid?
Sheesh - what happened in this case then, it was the wrong house but did they family get compensation or anything?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Someone will do it and die a martyr. It'll eventually happen and maybe wake people up.

It's bound to happen with as many armed Americans out there...

Of course, the media would twist it around, and make the innocent home-defender into some crazy anti-government whack job so that the SWAT/Police could save face...even in the event of a wrongful entry. Just you watch..

"SWAT forced their entry on the wrong home today, and one member of the team died. The member was shot by a fanatical anti-government activist. Inside the home, a large arsenal of assault weapons was found, as well as constitutional material."

How much you want to bet that exact script would be played if someone shot back after a false entry?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
well at least nobody got hurt and the swat were semi friendly.

that being said the dynamic entry and the clearing were sloppy as hell.

I dunno I actually am going to be hanging out this evening with a retired recon marine thats had more than his fair share or clearing buildings and houses when he was a part of the "Baghdad SWAT" thinking he'll say the same thing. sloppy.
edit on 4-8-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I had a US Marshall tell me once that local cops love to dress up and play Army men any chance they can get.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing people equate having copies of constitutional materials with being a "lunatic".

When my grandfather was growing up, that sort of thing would be called "patriotic" or "adult".

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So... the article says

To highlight the sadistic nature of police, near the 5:30 mark in the video, as officers are tearing through the basement, they come across the family cat. One officer is heard saying, “There’s a cat,” to which his fellow officer responds, “Here, I’ll kick it.”

But what they fail to mention is just before this quote, there is the sound of someone trying a door, and that this quote is immediately followed by a door being kicked open. That seems like a bit of a warping the situation to make it more evil. The presence of the cat was noted, but it was really an aside. (And it reminds me of the cartoon The Tick... "You wanna prove you're evil? Eat this kitten!")

Not that I'm saying there was nothing wrong done... but the article took something that was already bad, and injected a "Saditstic cops" angle that seems like it didn't match the facts. (And quite obviously didn't match the facts.)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Don't you know my friend, you're not allowed to know the rules of the country...You're not supposed to know what can and can't be done to you!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The snotty denfense argument was that there is no proper definition of 'excessive force' or words to that effect.
Does that indicate a real mindset? Christ!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

thats my understanding....

It has been made "suspicious" when someone educates themselves.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think the uptick of police thuggery is due to the amount of soldiers that came back from Iraq and Afghanistan with a mentality of continuing to kick people's ass as a cop. There are some real psycho's that don't care that your an American and have constitutional rights.

It would be interesting to see the correlation between all the rogue cops and previous military.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Or better:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Indeed, what a bunch of hero's. Funny how they didn't make a big production out of it when getting the actual offender..job done I guess as those kids will as you say be terrified for life.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I imagine the day is coming when the swat vehicle is hit with an RPG or such on the way into these raids. I doubt the procedures will change any time in the next decade. People are starting to lose faith in the system that is meant to protect them.

How the future plays out is in the hands of police.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

PULL YOUR DAMN HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND ENSURE THAT THERE IS PLENTY OF EVIDENCE TO INVADE AND POTENTIALLY HARM AN INNOCENT FAMILY OF AMERICAN CITIZENS

Except they no longer see us as innocent American citizens.

We are the enemy. We are the bane of their existence and we either have to cowled or eliminated. I hate to say it, but we stand a better chance coming out of an incident alive and uninjured, with a criminal than with a cop.

Why we tolerated commando cops is beyond me. It is rarely necessary and if they were doing the job they claim to be all pumped up for, they "wouldn't" be attacking American citizens in their home on suspicions.

America has become a joke. Land of the free home of the brave, I guess it was always a lie, but made good sound bite.

Out of my cold dead hands? They will gladly oblige, and after a few raids from these souped up bad-asses, we will do exactly what we are doing about these unlawful attacks on innocent Americans.

Not a damn thing.

edit on 4-8-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
I think the uptick of police thuggery is due to the amount of soldiers that came back from Iraq and Afghanistan with a mentality of continuing to kick people's ass as a cop. There are some real psycho's that don't care that your an American and have constitutional rights.

It would be interesting to see the correlation between all the rogue cops and previous military.

Add to this all the TV shows and movies about the bad-ass commando cops. There are no shows or movies about good cops. That doesn't get the adrenaline running and bring in the bucks. They are ramping up their conditioning. They want us controlled and afraid, and they will get away with doing whatever they want. Who is going to stop them? If we didn't stop it when it started, how are we going to stop it now? We allowed ourselves to be treated like criminals, thinking our government was protecting us. At least that was the bull crap line everyone was giving me when I was screaming bloody murder. I still refuse to fly, unless it is a life or death situation, and I am seething through the whole process, even though I know, it makes me even more suspect. I can barely be civil and accept the ridiculousness.

Give it up. We have been caged. It is just a matter of time before they come with our chips and mood altering drugs. Just remember when they distribute your rations; Soylent Green, is people.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

This is crazy. Hope they get charged!

Whoop whoop!
edit on 4-8-2015 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

What did people think was going to happen with militarisation of police over time

That and I hear they use steroids a lot

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

only cop show ive seen that has even touched this issue was an old episode of the shield (season 3?) was (spoiles i guess?) when jullian the black gay cop caught vick mackey stealing drugs and drug money ,vick told all the other cops he was gay and had a blanket tossed over him and they beat silence into him

it also showed superiors ignoring Vick torturing a minor(in age not non important actor) suspect to get information related to a missing child who had been sold . pretty much jest of series was cops know the corrupt ones and pretty much do nothing about it unless they need their unusual set of skills for something shady

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join