It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo-11 Myths -- Two new draft reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've posted two draft reports on some widespread myths associated with the Apollo program, and would appreciate suggestions for content and exposition, thanks!
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Will read at some point soon, but thanks, any critical and factual debunking of these repeated stories can only enhance human knowledge as well as 'Deny Ignorance'. Some people have made a living off of incorrect moon memes and photographic artifacts wrongly interpreted. As for the moon landings themselves, which were before the lifetimes of most of the people posting on this site, they were a time of joy and wonder for the human race and its historical use of the 'exploration gene', and it's a bit sad to see the threads and posts which deny that they ever happened. Bookmarking the thread for a later in-depth read.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Maybe a background template the same for each page, with each page for a story. Don't have gif st---a---rs, that's too many, besides everybody's been at that some time or the other. A real space picture as a background would be er, nice, or just a banner picture at the top, the story text is then easier to read. All the links keep to the left or right, and any text on the links not long winded.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I've only read the first PDF so far, but excellent work as always. The only improvement I can think of at the moment would be to expand on the "anonymous “amateur radio listeners” cited as
unverifiable sources." There were amateur radio listeners, including Larry Baysinger, who independently listened to the Apollo 11 spacewalk transmissions specifically to see if there were any "alien encounters" NASA might edit out later.

I asked Baysinger whether he found anything that NASA edited out – comments about things going wrong, the astronauts being loose with their language, or exclamations about meeting aliens! He said no – absolutely everything was transmitted to the public on TV. In fact he said, “that was kind of disappointing”. Part of the idea of this project was to hear the unedited “real story”, and it turned out there was nothing edited out.[iv] Indeed, Rutherford’s story (click here for hi-resolution version which you can read) makes no mention of hearing anything unusual.

legacy.jefferson.kctcs.edu...
edit on 4-8-2015 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Very well put together.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

Very well put together.

Thanks to all the initial comments and suggestions -- I've been trying to tailor the exposition to the kinds of verbal jousting around ATS because that's where the best informed folks of ALL points of view congregate and aggravate.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

And many of the other type, too...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I would have appreciated knowing ahead of time that clicking a link would start an automatic download. Even putting "pdf" in the link text would help.

The info seems put together well, and easy enough to read and understand. Nice work so far Jim.
edit on 4-8-2015 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

Yeah, that's not a bad point.

new topics

top topics

join