It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain and Immigration - Ignorance is Bliss

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

So because of the Empire we should all suffer now? is that it? Sorry dude but the doors swing both ways... we may have conquered two thirds of the world, but we also propagated modern society, the concept of democracy, justice, liberty, financial systems, global trade, Military defense. All were British inventions and all were spread to the four corners of the world by the empire.

Is this some kind of joke, or are you actually being serious?

I believe you have made the classic error of misreading what I wrote... I did not say the above were all thought of by the British First... only that it was the British that Spread the concepts globally.

So the places Britain conquered didn't have militaries,

I didn't say that, I said that it was the British that spread the concepts of Military Defense as in country wide to the four corners of the world. as in modern military principles.

didn't know how to trade

Sure in their local markets..... but the British created the concept of global trade, as in international trading.... spices for Potatoes..... Tea for Opium.... Guns for girls!

and didn't have financial systems?

You mean like Barter trade or warlord controlled fiefdom?

Britain spread the concept of a central independent banking system that was not controlled by the state and thus should not be corruptible. allowing everyday people to put their money somewhere safe out of the hands of those in charge.

It is true that the Jews had simple concepts of Banks for way longer than the British, but this was not the same as a regulated central bank system which is a British Invention.

Democracy is a British invention?

You can't get more fundamental than this. Democracy is absolutely central to Britain and was spread across the world by Britain. Sure there were examples of democracy else where, it was actually invented ironically we believe by the Greek. in 6th century BC.

But until the British Empire democracy did not spread, dictatorship and fundamentalism and feudal systems were the primary government types.

The British "invented" liberty and justice?

The Judicial system we in the developed world live by was founded here in England. The concepts of Justice for all is not an Americanism it came from the Magna Carter 800 years ago, some 600 years before America was founded....

edit on 7-8-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretFace

It is too late, the city is breached and the walls are falling. The tide has already come.

I am from Lancashire, where things aren't too bad. I have speant the past two years living in Nottingham. Not to say I like city life as it is, because I don't, but everywhere I look I see segregation, people settling their own island nations within our own.

Why is it there has to be "communities" of people in a nataion where we promote multiculturalism and integration. If you ask me all we invite to our country are seperatists.
edit on 7/8/2015 by L.A.B because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: L.A.B

It is too late, the city is breached and the walls are falling. The tide has already come.

I am from Lancashire, where things aren't too bad. I have speant the past two years living in Nottingham. Not to say I like city life as it is, because I don't, but everywhere I look I see segregation, people settling their own island nations within our own.

Why is it there has to be "communities" of people in a nataion where we promote multiculturalism and integration. If you ask me all we invite to our country are seperatists.
All the immigrants in northern france have settled into seperated communities based on ethnicity. The syrians live with syrians, the libyans with libyans and so on.
All the while we brits have had multiculturalism rammed down our throats.

Disregard

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Sadly some will believe Charlie Spiers because he or she has gained popularity on here but as a resident here people really haver to understand that radical Islam wished to create a caliphate here and in every Western country, that's not me, that is what THEY say and its FACT..

Can they do it, by hell yes!

It just needed enough of them and enough concentrated attacking at the boundaries before they are broken down and liberal minded fools give them the respect they simply do not deserve...

In years to come they will have outbred us and again that is a national verifiable fact...

Look, I'm married to a Muslim family but its the Radicals that do these harms, I see it, the Normal Muslims see it yet its the train in from Surbiton types that say its all going to be fine yet 99% of these would go mad if a refugee camp was opened in their leafy village..

I live in the Muslim community despite NOT being a Muslim and they fear these people and it could be rightly said they do too little to attack the cause but sadly its outside NON Muslim help that make SURE it gets carried on in HUGE ways..

Yes, there IS a HUGE issue and its getting WORSE daily because people who have NO radical understanding voice in favour of these people yet understand NOTHING. I've spent a LONG time understanding Islam so I didn't offend their religion when we got married (my Muslim wife) and we ALL see the issue here.

These people in France travel here to reap BENEFITS, just look at Sweden etc to see how many appealed to stay but then never worked and turned against the country..Are these ghetto's that Police, Ambulance and Fire services refuse to enter because their lives are put under threat liars?

I think not, Mr Charlie Spers really should look at the real issue here and see the level of NON integration and these in France will mostly add to that, these folks have been asked why they want Britain and time and time again the answer was BENEFITS like housing and no work..

Where ever Radical Islam sits, it destroys like a locust...See the RADICAL ISlLAM......I don't blame ordinary Muslims more that being afraid to go against these people like they should..

So boys , what will you paint me.....I'm non religious, Married to a Muslim, accepted in the Muslim Community by normal Muslims...

Fact...Many of these people come from very Radicalised countries who see our rules and culture contrary to theirs..

Fact...Most of these folk support Sharia law which TOTALLY contrary to our laws as we advocate free speech and democracy, how the hell do you think these people will integrate here..They simply DON''T....

Fact....Once here most of these people turn to non English speaking communities, this was also the case in the 60 and 70's but in those time almost all chose to learn the language to get on...Not so these days..

Fact ...I was outside the Mosque picking up my in law and so many were coming out doing the finger up wave which is support for the IS, these were 99% Somalia people but its a worry in Britain today...

Am I a liar...NO......Am I mistaken..NO.....Are normal Muslims mistaken...NO...Like it or not this is the truth and its NOT the few idiots they would like you to believe..
edit on 7-8-2015 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
its like a small cut.
if you dont keep it clean.
germs get in and it goes gang green
then you lose the are then die!
they will not do Any thing about this until it is a BIG problem.

some thing no one else has said that is obvious.
when we have little rain in england we run out of water.
if we get this now it will be more than house pipe band.

the immigrants in england are stealing the ducks and swans from the parks to eat.
and raiding allotments to steal all the plants for food.
I wounded why they would feed them!
big piles of bread scraps attracting rats.
How for must it go?

(post by TheLaughingGod removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

Well said!

Hear Hear!

Much is being said... nothing is being done!

I suggest we temporary close the Channel Tunnel, that is until we have a referendum on the issue of the EU.

If the vote is a NO then we employ Australian style boarder police.

If we vote yes to the EU... I will emigrate as England will have been lost without so much as a single shot being fired.

Britain imports 50% of food from the rest of the world, and most of it goes through the Channel Tunnel along with hundreds of tonnes of other produce. Assuming we did close the tunnel and used ferries instead (a 6 hour journey instead of 2 hours), it wouldn't make any difference to the immigrants. They get on lorries in France and get off them in the UK.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Heres a idea make the trains air tight with there own oxgen then keep the tunnel flooded with phosgene gas.
That will stop trespassers.

Blast the back of lorrys with a lethal dose of gamma rays too.

Of course give out warning weeks in advance and post warnings in every language across calais so there is no excuse to be caught unaware.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewokyou start off calling them vermin, now your on to gassing them and commiting a crime against humanity.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: crazyewokyou start off calling them vermin, now your on to gassing them and commiting a crime against humanity.

were did I says "gas them"

I just suggested making a crossing illegally impossible.

I said post warning signs all over Calais months in advance in every language.

If they willingly and knowingly walk into toxic gas or radiation then then they deserve a Darwin award.

If they die its suicide not a crime against humanity.

If I willingly break into a substation and get electrocuted is it the powers providers fault?

edit on 9-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok what's your problem? You've bought into the media hype and turned against innocent people very quickly. Your no better than these people just because you have a few documents that say your a British citizen.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok what's your problem? You've bought into the media hype and turned against innocent people very quickly. Your no better than these people just because you have a few documents that say your a British citizen.

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA
Save your bleeding heart

They are here ILLEGALLY

Undocumented criminals from areas of high risk.

We dont know what there past history is, they are putting peoples lifes in danger by trespassing onto a high speed railway and threatening lorry s. Also there criminal action have caused my local M20 to be ground to a halt! One of the busiest and most important roads economically. These VERMIN and yes I proudly say VERMIN are disrupting the local economy around me and the UK economy as a whole.

If they are truly in need they can LEGALLY go through the CORRECT refuge procedures! The fact they dont seems to me they have something to hide!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'd rather have a heart that bleeds than one that can be so easily manipulated by Right wing media to hate other people for no reason

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'd rather have a heart that bleeds than one that can be so easily manipulated by Right wing media to hate other people for no reason

Is that the best retort you can come back at me with?

Forget the valid points such as:

Safety for the Trains

Safety for the Lorry Drivers

Lack of Criminal background checks

Motorway Grid lock and effects on local and national economy's

And the fact that there are LEGAL and SAFE methods REAL asylum seekers can go through.

O no you ignore all that go for a purely emotional retort.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

How many gang rapes on little white girls will it take for people like you realize that you are the evil? People living in john lennons wishy washy imagine song.
Why are the most vulnerable little children paying for your wishy washy dreams? Get real...

DISREGARD

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

I'm afraid many of your 'facts' have been disproven or at the very least disputed and sound as if they are straight from the Britain First page.

a reply to: crazyewok

originally posted by: crazyewok

If they are truly in need they can LEGALLY go through the CORRECT refuge procedures! The fact they dont seems to me they have something to hide!

But they have to arrive in the UK before they can claim asylum right, which seems to be the issue here. What do you think they have to hide? What I see are desperate people trying to make a new life for themselves.

There are plenty of legit reasons for not wanting to claim asylum in France including: mistreatment by the French police, lack of proper care and shelter provided to asylum seekers during processing in France, language and established connections with UK such as family here (which would make settling into new life, working etc... easier) and perceived safety.

They are people just like you and me, what they want more than anything is safety and a chance in life.
edit on 9-8-2015 by Scouse100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

Well you and your bleeding little heart can hand over all your money and you can open you home to house them......just dont whine when one of the bastards rapes your kids or blows up your town center cause no one was able to check there criminal back ground!

They are in France and they can bloody well clain asylum in france.
Its not a 3rd world dictatorship they will be safe there.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

So you think it is OK to expect France to take all of the migrants when they already receive double the applications that we do just because we happen to be less accessible?

Asylum Applications 2014

France, 64310
United Kingdom, 31945

Source: Eurostat

And what do you define as 'safe'. These people will be abandoned to the street or living in makeshift tents over in France while they await processing due to a 'shortage of housing'.

Are you trying to paint the Calais migrants all as rapists or terrorists or just trying to make a point that criminals may slip through the net due to the nature of the checks? You sure do well to sensationalise it Daily Mail style either way!!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Oh dear. You sound like you need a big hug my friend. I'm here to reassure you that despite what the majority of the press would have you believe, not everybody wants to rape your kids or blow up your town. It's one thing to have a bleeding heart but it's another to not possess one at all.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

We have over 500,000 Illegal Immigrants in the UK at the moment, a number thats rising. On top of that we have gross figure of over 500,000 people immigrating into the UK, the net figure is around 250,000. This isn't a one off, this is a documented year on year trend.

Our Public Services i.e Council Housing, NHS, Schools, Hospitals are struggling to meet the demand of people. On top of that we also have the issue of Social Cohesion and on top of that we have the issue of Crime. This isn't false, its being reported all over the media.

Even if we do ''Tax The Rich'' or Tax Google, Amazon or Starbucks that still wouldn't be enough to sustain our stressed Public Services with the current trend of Immigration and asylum into the UK. It might seem like it to those people trying to get here but we aren't an Unlimited Utopia that can keep giving and giving.

Between North Africa and Syria where both War and Poverty are strife, you have a combined population of over 100,000,000 people. Out of that figure you have millions escaping. Those people aren't heading East, they aren't heading South, they aren't heading North, they're heading West. The same direction as the people who are in Calais at the moment.

When is enough enough? Is it after we accept the 5000 people in Calais? Is its the 5000 after them? This is a situation that will not only cripple the UK but Western Europe if we don't start changing our ways towards Immigration and Refugees.

....and for the Record, i don't read or work for the Daily Mail. I go by Facts and view the Situation as a Realist.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join