It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain and Immigration - Ignorance is Bliss

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Its natural for humans to fear people who look different, smell different and talk different. But there is no denying that Germany need foreign man power. And these people will provide that.

www.npr.org...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

Shall I say, the great colonizer is now being colonized. History repeats itself.

Yes Yes those people from the outside looking in.. Laugh all you want.... Go right Ahead!

Come next year we are OUT of the EU and you can go and take flying LEAP!

That was a tongue in cheek comment of mine.

But I would be really interested in some statistics. Like % of ethnic British in the UK. What it was 10 years ago and what it is now.

Just checked 87% of your country is white british and you guys are crying that you all will become minorities!

As at 2011 London contains by far the lowest percentage of White British people of all the UK regions, where they make up less than half of the population in 24 of the 32 boroughs, including Newham (16.7%), Brent (18.0%), Ealing (30.4%), Harrow (30.9%), Tower Hamlets (31.2%), Westminster (35.2%) and Hackney (36.2%).

Source

Its not the whole country that's the issue, its the ghettos in cities that are causing the problems!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Germany took in 250,000 illegals this year alone till July. That is the same figure for the whole of UK net migration(which someone on this thread posted)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

That's cool and I agree with you that both the UK and Germany need immigration, but it needs to be controlled, we need skilled workers and a system akin to the Australian system. As said here in the UK if we can get enough votes to leave the EU we can implement our own immigration controls. Unfortunately for Germany, you're in the EU experiment fiasco until it dies a natural death and thus have no controls over your boarders!

link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

Shall I say, the great colonizer is now being colonized. History repeats itself.

Yes Yes those people from the outside looking in.. Laugh all you want.... Go right Ahead!

Come next year we are OUT of the EU and you can go and take flying LEAP!

That was a tongue in cheek comment of mine.

But I would be really interested in some statistics. Like % of ethnic British in the UK. What it was 10 years ago and what it is now.

Just checked 87% of your country is white british and you guys are crying that you all will become minorities!

As at 2011 London contains by far the lowest percentage of White British people of all the UK regions, where they make up less than half of the population in 24 of the 32 boroughs, including Newham (16.7%), Brent (18.0%), Ealing (30.4%), Harrow (30.9%), Tower Hamlets (31.2%), Westminster (35.2%) and Hackney (36.2%).

Source

Its not the whole country that's the issue, its the ghettos in cities that are causing the problems!

For the ghettos you need good policies. Proper training for new comers, with interim housing, till they start earning for themselve and paying tax. Beleive me, the returns from the tax he pays will far exceed the amount paid for him.
edit on 4/8/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

link   

And two thirds of the German Populace are really pived at that 250,000 figure!!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Germany took in 250,000 illegals this year alone till July. That is the same figure for the whole of UK net migration(which someone on this thread posted)

No the figure for LEGAL migration to the UK in 2014 was 260'000 but there is an estimated 500'000 illegal immigrants here already.

Although it is difficult to measure illegal migration it is estimated that the influx of illegals will swell that number to an additional 250'000 in the year 2015.

That means more than 1 million people in the year 2015.... 260'000 legal and the 250'000 illegals with the 500'000 illegals already here.... that's 740'000 illegal immigrants total who rely on the Human rights act to grant them asylum.

and you think it's not a problem??!??

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

If true, than I agree its quite large. I would really like a link for the number of assylum and illigals(not legal migrants) for this year 2015, or 2014.

On the contrary, I found this:

theconversation.com...

Asylum seekers in:

Germany-166,800
Sweden-81,300
France-63,100
Italy-56,300
UK-31,400

The least of them all is UK. Germany recieved more than 5 times the number of UK.
edit on 4/8/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

If true, than I agree its quite large. I would really like a link for the number of assylum and illigals(not legal migrants) for this year 2015, or 2014.

I will see if I can dig them out of the Office of statistics..

In the mean time you might see the indicator of the problem by understanding how the following could be true...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The figures you provided was for "Asylum Seekers", how many in Calais at the moment are seeking Asylum? I think you'll find that the UK has a massive "Economic Migrants" problem than your figures portray!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Jesus!!! I nearly fell off my chair crying with laughter. Before you talk about immigrants how about our government providing the British people with proper training, the British people with proper housing (not interim housing) and what about getting the British people with employment that pays a living wage so THEY can pay their proper taxes, The returns will far out weigh any social money paid to them now.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: SecretFace
How about your fair share of immigrants coming to Europe?

Misery loves company, eh?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
A very serious question for you all. In all the footage of the "migrants" in Calais Why are the vast majority wearing masks? The french authorities are not bothered with their identity and if they are genuine "migrants" why hide their identities.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
So Europe went to Africa and india and tried to make it like Europe. The Africans and indians didn't like that and kicked Europe out. Now the Africans and indians are trying to get back into Europe cause they see that European ideas and gov is far superior to what they can come up with.

Too bad they are just going to turn Europe into Africa and India cause they refuse to assimilate and want to do things like they do in their failed countries.

Assimilate or stay home. If you say "back in my country", or " in my culture", go back there. Why did you leave if your country and way of doing things was so good?

Like the Muslims in America that yell about how bad America is and how good sheria is. Go there! Why do you stay if we are so ungodly?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
The Africans and indians didn't like that and kicked Europe out. Now the Africans and indians are trying to get back into Europe cause they see that European ideas and gov is far superior to what they can come up with.

Right because, obviously, they are the same ones.

Too bad they are just going to turn Europe into Africa and India cause they refuse to assimilate and want to do things like they do in their failed countries.

Sure they are.

Assimilate or stay home. If you say "back in my country", or " in my culture", go back there. Why did you leave if your country and way of doing things was so good?

I bet most of them wish that was the only requirement to get legal status.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Cameron is clearly scapegoating and demonising the Calais migrants because it is convenient and suits his cause. Amazing that he (with the help of his media mates) have us all convinced we are under invasion when actually the number of asylum applications is at the last count less than a third of what it was at it's peak in 2002.

There were 25,020 asylum applications in the year ending March 2015... The number of applications remains low relative to the peak number of applications in 2002 (84,132).

www.gov.uk...-1

Considering a fair number of them are fleeing from situations we have been complicit in, we are not even doing our fair share in comparison to other countries.

The funding shortages our public services our facing today are not caused by immigrants, they are being used to take the spot light off the people who are really ripping us off. Austerity is being used as a cover to cut welfare and amputate public services.

And did you know a quarter of Tory MPs are private landlords? No wonder they don't want to build more houses.

originally posted by: crayzeed
A very serious question for you all. In all the footage of the "migrants" in Calais Why are the vast majority wearing masks? The french authorities are not bothered with their identity and if they are genuine "migrants" why hide their identities.

Possibly in a vain attempt to protect themselves from tear gas...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Oh, and for the record, I am 'common'!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

It seems to me none of the immigration was a problem till economy started downward

Then again

Maybe it went down with the help of unchecked immigration

Needles to say this is fault if those in charge if borders and policy

Government

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Did you take a look at the document the daily mail cites from?
It says

"In ihrer grundsätzlichen Haltung zum Nutzen von Einwanderung bleibt die Bevölkerung in Deutschland
zwiespältig. Zwar sehen die Befragten klare Vorteile: für die Ansiedlung internationaler
Firmen (68 Prozent), für ein interessanteres Leben in Deutschland (67) und für die demographische
Entwicklung (60). Zugleich jedoch verbinden aber deutliche und stabile Mehrheiten Einwanderung
mit Problemen in Schulen (61) und Belastungen des Sozialstaats (64). 63 Prozent sehen generell
Konfliktpotenzial mit Einheimischen. "

It does not say that people are pivved. It just accepts that you get pros and cons.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Meh, why not? Everytime I hear that somewhere a new camp or housing for immigrants is opened, I think "they are better here than in their homecountries."

Because I know about Syria. Most of northern/middle Africa. Those people are here far better off, and I am willing to do my share to help them.

The German politicians are working on something about immigrants from the Balkans, they are trying to bring a law on its way which rules that immigrants from "safe" homecountries like Albania, Romania etc. are deemed to be evaluated much quicker and to be refused immigration status because they are not threatened.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

And to think about those nations without a channel full of water between them and the savages... How could they survive? Obviously not. Obviously they are all wastelands, full of marauding grunts, and exploding cars and ... well, you get the picture.

All I can see is another entitled-to-have-a-little-as-possible-to-do-with-immigrants-brit.

Hi there.

How about your fair share of immigrants coming to Europe?
Oh?
You want to secede?

Well, that might be convinient. Could you please speak with the Netherlands, Ireland and Cypress first, as they have serious issues with that? And ask your industrial companies?

Germany needs to keep their nose out of British Affairs.... Britain did not ratify the Lisbon Treaty... we are not actually Members of the EU in any way other than in the true sense of the maastricht treaty.... We do not recognize Germany's authority or the EU's Authority to order us to do any thing at all PERIOD!

And we all (=rest of Europe) loves u so very much for this egocentricity. How about some people on a small island take their heads out of their arses and try to understand that the world needs cooperation, and that there are powers at work trying to divide humanity?

And just to top it off this I believe is Germany policy on accepting migrants??

So wind your neck in!

Sorry, can't view that video (restrictions here around). Mind you giving a short summary so I could join the discussion?

Only turtles can wind their neck in. This picture seems more related to the Brits (being on an island, trying to cut travel).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join