It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wouldn't be surprised if mind control of the masses wasn't T.V. original propose!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
7th grade we had to take a sociology class. In this class one of our papers were to pick apart a TV show and how it portrays different cultural groups. I had never really thought about it until then, but it being the 70's was full of stereo typical racial characters. ie:
"Good Times" JJ Walker "Dynamite"
"Sanford and Son"
"Chico and the man"
"Different Strokes" Gary Coleman What you taking about Willis!"
My paper was on the "Jefferson's" because they had "moved on up to the east side" So I thought they were being depicted positively...She pointed out on my paper that this show was reverse racism due to the neighbor Tom Willis....(Uncle Tom) which was made out to be a idiot.
My point being these Shows are not just for our entertainment it is to give us the idea of how they want us to think the other man lives.
I was wondering if anyone else see how TPTB use TV shows to shape our views on the world around us.....I can defiantly think of more up to date shows that push a agenda, but first I would like to see what others think.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Interesting view. I was just having a conversation with my dad concerning television and positive reinforcement. We are being treated like animals on every level from television to the school system and prison system.
Television is now banned in my house. When your eyes are opened to this how can you allow you children to be manipulated by the junk on TV.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
You've heard the term "TV Programming" right?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

It's all indoctrination. A slow shift to control.

Look at the media's divisive reporting, heck, even the WH works to racially divide. More that I have ever seen in my lifetime.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The decade of Norman Lear and his leftist indoctrination via television, yeah. It WAS indoctrination, no question about it. I think it's important to realize that the net is the newest tool of propagandized indoctrination though.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
The decade of Norman Lear and his leftist indoctrination via television, yeah. It WAS indoctrination, no question about it. I think it's important to realize that the net is the newest tool of propagandized indoctrination though.
Your last sentence really hit a chord with me. I have thought for years the internet is slowly taking over our lives, well no slowly about it, and not in a good way.

And television, well of course it's brainwashing people.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm not sure that Hollywood has been trying to keep their miscellaneous agendas a "secret." That is to say, if you listen to any of the writers/actors/producers/directors talk about their product, they talk freely about whatever "issue" it is they are trying to tackle.

To me, the so-called "news" shows are where "they" are doing a wonderful job of brainwashing (both right and left).

However, if I had to pinpoint the one, specific place where to display brainwashing at its absolute finest... I would have to tip my hat to shows like the Daily Show and Colbert Report. To push an agenda, "pretend" to be discussing the issues, all the while being able to hide behind the curtain of, "Hey, I'm just a comedian." Brilliant. And tons of people (typically the younger crowd from what I understand) just eat it up.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The television was invented and marketed with one goal in mind, which is the motto of the U.S.

Make Money. Lots of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
The television was invented and marketed with one goal in mind, which is the motto of the U.S.

Make Money. Lots of it.
I think there must be an extra gene some people must have, The Greed gene. honestly I know, we all do, decent, honest caring people who live life on a small scale. Don't need or want every new "this or that" that comes on the market.

My God, how many times have I replaced my music collection. 45s, LPs , 8 track tapes, cassette tapes and CDs, I stop at CDs, if some other new fangled device comes out, oh well.

We all want to live comfortably, but the excesses I see in this country are to the extreme.

eluryh22, I agree about Stewart and Colbert, many a truth is uttered in jest.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Hidinout because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Ever heard of the TV Effect?

Watching TV puts the brain into an Alpha state (which is linked to relaxed states, meditation, and increased suggestibility), meaning it is basically in a state similar to hypnosis. By watching TV, we are put into a form of ‘mind fog’, which is just blank and empty nothingness. Researchers have said that watching television is similar to staring at a blank wall for several hours.

weaponizednews.com...

I doubt the original creators knew of this, but they certainly didn't take long to exploit it once they did.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

I agree with you....I use to take the TV out for the summer....You are a smart parent.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It isn't TV. It is the programs and shows to be specific, the people behind it. TV was meant to be a home/evidence surveillance technology.
Without it, many bad people would've gotten away, this includes 9/11.

Before TV there was propaganda based on newspaper and posters. Do look at anti-Chinese propaganda during Qing Dynasty which lead to Boxer Rebellion.

Film technology was created way before TV and were used on screens to replay of evidences and past. TV is meant so that everyone can have access to recordings. This leads to evidences. The Nazi's on the hand tried to use movies as their propaganda control. This is when America was more free than Nazi Germany.

Today, it is America using Nazi tactics on other nations to get people in control.

edit on 8-8-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join