It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carjacker Tries To Steal Unmarked Cop Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I post this to show not all cops are trigger happy lunatics. It would have been very easy to just blow this dude away and stop his crime spree permanently; but instead they did their job in a professional manner and probably burned some calories to boot.

I have posted before when you are in your car lock your doors as soon as possible and look around before you unlock them . Most car jackers are wanting the car the easiest way possible so don't make yourself an easy target.

AUGUST 1--A knife-wielding Florida man who attempted a carjacking Thursday night quickly discovered that the vehicle he targeted was an undercover cop car occupied by a pair of armed plainclothes detectives, according to an arrest affidavit.

Dominique Albert, 27, allegedly approached the car on a St. Petersburg street around 9:45 PM and yanked open the passenger door.

www.thesmokinggun.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

its a sad state of affair when cops are applauded for not committing murder and making an arrest; what they are paid to do.

and such an unbiased source too. thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Countless people aren't "murdered" by police every day. Countless people are taken into custody without incident every day. Countless people interact with law enforcement every day without incident.

It's a sad state of affairs when one views this incident as being in the minority because of media bloodlust.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Personally, I wouldn't have minded if they gave him his Darwin Award. I have no sympathy for car jackers and other violent criminals. If this guy was healthy enough to run and then fight 2 cops, he was healthy enough to get a legitimate job. He chose this type of life and, at some point in his "career", may very well have pulled this on a elderly person or a mother with her kids in the car. If you lead a violent life, don't be surprised when it turns around and bites you in the ass.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
hi Shamrock6. please don't misquote me. by your reply it seems that you are insinuating that I some how said countless of people are 'murdered' by police everyday. (even added a quote there)
I said it is sad when the good police do need to be pointed out to take away from the bad they do.
also, I did not say its a minority incident.

it simply speaks volume when a routine stop needs to be brought to light to shed off bad stigma with law enforcement.
and no I do not view this as a minority incident again, the police do their jobs every day, so do I.

-respectfully.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

It's a sad state of affairs when one views this incident as being in the minority because of media bloodlust.

I don't see where you deduced that from my post, it seems you assumed in your head what I meant and replied according to that thought. you should re read my post.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

You said.

"Its a sad state of affair when cops are applauded for not committing murder and making an arrest; what they are paid to do."

I have to agree with shamrock6. I interpreted that the same way he did.
No mind reading involved, just words.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

You said what you said.

It sounds how it sounds.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

You said.

"Its a sad state of affair when cops are applauded for not committing murder and making an arrest; what they are paid to do."

I have to agree with shamrock6. I interpreted that the same way he did.
No mind reading involved, just words.

I find it funny even though you quoted me directly, then agreed that I said something else.

let me rephrase:
its almost as if the original post is showing that this scenario, they could have killed the man, but didn't.
they didn't use deadly force and made an arrest, that should be seen as an accomplishment.

-----
is that a bit easier to decipher.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

You said what you said.

It sounds how it sounds.

He's not the first guy to be misunderstood for what he wrote, and not the last.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

You said what you said.

It sounds how it sounds.

yea, and what you think it sounds like isn't true, yet you are convinced.
that's a bit narrow minded I think. ( as a seasoned member it seems)

maybe our grammar is a tad different ill say.

I'm not sour about this though.
edit on 4-8-2015 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Well, to correct your ignorance of the law, if someone approaches you and threatens you with a knife while attempting to steal your car while in it, using deadly force is not murder.

Why be unnecessarily inflammatory if you don't even know what you're talking about?

ETA: I see you expanded with this clarified comment after I wasn't the only one to take your comment as being inflammatory:

let me rephrase:
its almost as if the original post is showing that this scenario, they could have killed the man, but didn't.
they didn't use deadly force and made an arrest, that should be seen as an accomplishment.

I can agree with your clarification, but I stand by my assertion that you and others need to quit being inflammatory with your murder rhetoric.
edit on 4-8-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

top topics

join