It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger is a sign of weakness (it means you fear things going wrong and having no control )

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I see your perspective, but I think anger is one of the many emotions that is necessary for us to experience while we are alive. I believe it is blessing and I think we should feel thankful that one is even capable of experiencing such emotions so that we are aware of how to feel about specific situations. Sometimes anger and frustration can be channeled into positive intentions such as aggressive ambition causing one to get down to business and accomplish goals that they have been putting off. (example). Great post though!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hypothetically speaking, let's see where this conversation would go if we were to leave things we cannot prove to exist were left completely out of it.

No delusions.

Even in that old book written by supposedly divinely inspired men, in which it also says no man can be trusted, it says one must take the good with the bad.

Refusing to accept reality causes all sorts of problems.

I refuse to not be able to breathe under water because not being able to breathe under water I consider a negative thing because that is what I want....Waaaa.

Grow up, just because you are supposedly a child of God does not mean you are free to act like a child like so many zealots I meet in this world every day, using God as an excuse to misbehave.

If God exists, God did the only thing he ever had to do for you as it would be kind of hard to love being alive if you were never born at all.

Life basically sucks and then you die, unless of course you wanna just like, enjoy yourself anyway....

I am a meat pup-pet.
edit on 4-8-2015 by MyHappyDogShiner because: kjashw

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
I'm pretty sure anger is the emotional response towards being disappointed in what you perceive as the status quo, it's not a fear of things not being normal, it's the failed expectation of a plan you had in mind.

The meal not being made correctly, the kids not listening and the construction workers choosing 6am as a proper time to work.

Anyone else?

True, but then you don't get to wax on about light and love and showing everyone how enlightened you are.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Itisnowagain

A god that is everything, is a god that cannot be trusted. If he is kind and mean, light and darkness, good and evil, everything arising in "the present", then he has no loyalty. He can easily turn on you and make you suffer.

I'd rather stay loyalty to my GOD of Life, Joy, Love, and Infinite Abundance. He isn't good and evil, but purely good, purely Light, Joyous, and Abundant; an unchanging nature. A perfect, unconditional nature.

a reply to: TechniXcality

Do you actually believe all will (including the will to survive) is anger driven? I never heard such a claim.

The will to laugh, smile, dance, enjoy life surely isn't anger motivated, right?

All of these teachings you are receiving are about to be driven so far back to where they came from it beggars belief.

You actually think no one can influence your reality, and you actually BELIEVE that you know how things work, and that others are just making incorrect "choices".

This place is made imperfect, and then after the fact has been damaged further.

It is why you feel the need to tell people something that you WISH was true, but deep inside you know is not.

And why "THEY", teach us that we are all that is at fault, our consciousness and choices controlling all.

This simply is NOT TRUE, others who are nothing like us, some that are, have a say in what goes down here, and they are messing with you to make SURE you do not rock the boat, but maintain that things are supposed to be this way, we have just been blinded by our "human natures" our "fall".

No matter what you call it, Pure ANGER at times is necessary when dealing with many of the broken parts around us.

I know you have no idea what is truly meant by PURE anger, such a conundrum for you.

Just try going into the most powerful peaceful state imaginable, and see what comes to you, (HINT, they aren't human) and they WILL force you into decisions you thought you were never going to have to make.

After that, tell me more about how peaceful actions are going to rid them, when they have blinded all around you, controlled all that you once thought was GOD.

And then try to get into that state again, without realizing that dam near everything is so imperfect and purposefully wrecked to make sure you do not go ANYWHERE.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Good schpiel homey. Really.

I have been through so much # in my life and have learned to revel in the chaos almost as if I enjoy it.

I don't like it sometimes, sometimes I hate it and want to lash out against the chaos.

This is where impulse control comes into play, including reacting out of anger in any way.

Vengeance is a dish best served cold.

Opposites are never out of sight of one another if we would only look.

Nothing like being caught in the middle, interstitiality.

Anyway.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The problem with anger is that it shows your intentions to behave in an irrational manner. It is intended to display violence being barely restrained. It is meant to frighten, to bully.

Yes, i get angry.
But knowing is only half the battle.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: arpgme

What if you change power to faith, or love?

Pretty Much this ^.

Reading how he phrased it, it reminded me of this scene. (which makes me want to choose anger over power
)

"Who ever has the control... has... THE POWER!!!"

edit on th2015000000Wednesdayth000000Wed, 05 Aug 2015 11:05:32 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoWed, 05 Aug 2015 11:05:32 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The problem with anger is that it shows your intentions to behave in an irrational manner. It is intended to display violence being barely restrained. It is meant to frighten, to bully.

Absolutely. Patience decreases anger, and Patience comes from the inner knowing that everything will be ok so there is no need to get anger and try to manipulate people.

a reply to: ParasuvO

It is why you feel the need to tell people something that you WISH was true, but deep inside you know is not.

And why "THEY", teach us that we are all that is at fault, our consciousness and choices controlling all.

You assume I don't really believe just because you don't.

It is people's own fault if the world is negative. You are responsible for your own mind and actions.

edit on 5-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You assert that anger can "only" lead to irrational behavior. I don't believe that is true. I believe that anger can be utilized to bring about righteous actions. We have been "trained" to think in the way that you assert. It is beneficial to those that control the world to train people to be passive. The anger and fury of God exceeds the anger of ALL men combined. The only difference is he knows exactly how to apply it and when. That is why he says that "vengeance is mine...I will repay".

I have submitted to humility many times and have had to exercise faith in this verse knowing that any vengeance due would be dealt with by God. And I have seen it dealt with in some dramatic and violent ways. I will say that the bible also says that the wrath of man cannot accomplish the will of God. And it says.... be angry and sin not....so as we can see it is not "anger" per se that is the problem. It is our attempts to act on our anger and bring about justice through our own faulty wisdom. But if we try to deny our anger and say that it is wrong for us to be angry...we can fall into sin in that regard as well. By dissipating the energy of our anger internally and not allowing it to be directed in the right direction.

For example if I see an injustice committed against a person and I maintain my peace and passively watch it saying that it is supposed to be that way and I quell any feelings of anger that rise up in me. I have lost the opportunity to direct the energy of my anger into righteous prayer ( And intervention if necessary) for the person that committed the injustice to be brought to repentance and consequently right behavior. It is the power and fervency of our prayers that cause them to be effectual. And anger is a very effective emotion at bringing about fervency.

Now having said all of that...I personally have failed at times to submit to this process. But it usually stems from my weakness and not my willful choice. And also I do believe there are times when God utilizes human vessels to bring about justice in the present life. It is not always a cut and dry matter and we can only pray and desire to be submitted to righteousness whatever it happens to be in a given situation.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

Yeah, i don't believe in a Christian God....so that was all pretty empty.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Commit to your goals and accept what happens and how you feel about it - this is the winning formula for me right now.

Commitment and strong will (to reach your goals) will give you fuel for action, acceptance of what happens on the way (and how you feel about it) will make you tough and strong, and able to handle everything.

There is a psychotherapy based on this and i love it, its called ACT - Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.

Check it out

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What if I get my power from my anger?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
Dont agree, at times yes but at other times its great and very natural.I get the impression that your focus is very mental and leaves the body aside and that is controling. Maybe down the road you will have a review, I did and I found the body has its natural ways also. Its about combining both, at least whilst you still have a body.

edit on 7-8-2015 by ancientthunder because: misspell

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hungry4truth95
more like the anger blows open the door standing in the way of your power.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Anger is a product of the 'fight or flight response' - a remnant of our animal origins - brought on by perceived threats to one's safety or safety or one's interests. Those more given to said animalistic trait are simply more given to primordial behaviour; as an extension or that, less evolved.

When these "less evolved" types do not understand something, they tend to default to the 'fear response'; issuing from that, the 'fight or flight response'. Thus, and given running from confrontation is construed as cowardice in our insecure, phallocentric societal construct, rage is often what becomes the default disposition of those who feel threatened; be it duly or irrationally. Hence why that which is not understood is so often met with anger / violence -- e.g., LGBTI discrimination. Indeed, it's largely why religion so often fuels anger. For religion is a veritable byword for ignorance and as the truism states: Ignorance begats fear.

Simply:
Those given to anger, much like a rabid animal, are those to be avoided.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join