It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger is a sign of weakness (it means you fear things going wrong and having no control )

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yoda is the MAN! I already pointed this out however, with no respose. I DO agree, however.

Ok, yes "BASSPLYR" beat me to it, I didn't even see that post! BASSPLYR gets it...

edit on 4-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73
I get angry when I see people throw trash on the ground.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I agree, to be angry is to be too weak to keep your emotions in check. Forgiveness is a sign of strength because you are strong enough to let the anger you once had go.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

There is no such thing as "Godly anger" in my opinion. Any god that knows that his will can never be threatened has no reason to be angry.

Anger does not feed the homeless, generosity and compassion does. Anger is just a waste of energy.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
And you who philosophize disgrace and criticize all fears
Take the rag away from your face
Now ain't the time for your tears
-Dylan

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Don't know about godly anger. But anger channeled is a powerful unifying force infact if you have a cause you should be angry, anger indiscriminately used and belligerently aimed is pointless. However anger focused is a team builder and earth shaker rainmaker

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

A happy peace movement makes more sense than a angry peace movement. Anti-war is a war itself (fighting against something). If people want Peace, then they should live it and promote it not anger/violence.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

A happy peace movement makes more sense than a angry peace movement. Anti-war is a war itself (fighting against something). If people want Peace, then they should live it and promote it not anger/violence.
If you do not want anger then there is conflict when it arises. Anti-anger is war - not peace.

Happiness is allowed and accepted - it is good. Anger is not allowed and not accepted - it is bad. Seeking happiness (good) and avoiding anger (bad) is what separates you from God.
God is the unconditional arising of the present - but it is denied because one has eaten from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Peace is the absence of splitting what is into two - good and bad. What is - IS. But as soon as there is a word given to what is - the opposite will also appear - now there can be conflict (war - disharmony - dis ease).

edit on 4-8-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Sorry brother, but anger in of its self is not a negative psychological state. Do not be fooled or assume otherwise based on connotation. Anger is a driver motivating force a "peace movement" that was not angry would deflate there would be no "movement" the will to live is infact an anger driven motivation i would argue. As many hurtles and challenges stand in the way of our ends; we continue to press forward, in doing so our character is refined. This is not a hateful pursuit, in fact it can be an accepting one, but surely, what will is driving without anger?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
All our emotions, even the negative ones, serve important purposes in our lives. The goal is not to let yourself be controlled and consumed by them.

You may disdain anger, but you need it the same way you need all the positive emotions.

True power is to realize and understand your emotions and not let yourself lose control. Feel them, experience them, understand them. Just don't be ruled by them.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

A god that is everything, is a god that cannot be trusted. If he is kind and mean, light and darkness, good and evil, everything arising in "the present", then he has no loyalty. He can easily turn on you and make you suffer.

I'd rather stay loyalty to my GOD of Life, Joy, Love, and Infinite Abundance. He isn't good and evil, but purely good, purely Light, Joyous, and Abundant; an unchanging nature. A perfect, unconditional nature.

Do you actually believe all will (including the will to survive) is anger driven? I never heard such a claim.

The will to laugh, smile, dance, enjoy life surely isn't anger motivated, right?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Meh. BASSPLAYER beat me to it. Post deleted.

edit on 4-8-2015 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

a reply to: onequestion

Faith is Power. Faith is the wisdom that brings peace which anger lacks. Without that wish to harm/attack others (anger), love is present.

Faith is only an illusion of power.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jackjoedoe

Anger is an illusion of power. It's fear disguised.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Anger is a perfectly acceptable (and desirable) emotion in human beings, it's just that it is often times misdirected. Anger actually allows the mind and body to hyper-focus on a particular situation--the challenge is learning how to channel the anger effectively for the scenario.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I'd rather stay loyalty to my GOD of Life, Joy, Love, and Infinite Abundance. He isn't good and evil, but purely good, purely Light, Joyous, and Abundant; an unchanging nature. A perfect, unconditional nature.

If God is unconditional then why is only good good?
It is the light that he sees which is good and that light manifests as everything.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Because bad is condition and temporary, but Goodness/God is eternal, so God is therefore unconditional.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Because bad is condition and temporary, but Goodness/God is eternal, so God is therefore unconditional.

God is what is seeing and knowing what appears (constant/eternal) and what is appearing is transitory but it does not make what is appearing bad.
The appearance is made of the light of God.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The obnly thing God knows is what is of his Frequency/Energy (Life, Joy, Love, Abundance), everything else is just a temporary illusion.

Abundance is the truth. It is Fullness and Light. Emptiness/lack/self-denial is darkness.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The obnly thing God knows is what is of his Frequency/Energy (Life, Joy, Love, Abundance), everything else is just a temporary illusion.

God is all seeing and all knowing. He does not choose what he sees or knows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join