It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mara Salvatrucha (MS13) Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have been doing some study on how this gang rose from the seeds of a guerilla warfare group in El Salvador during a 12-year civil war, into one of the most organized street gangs today.

Some refugees that fled the civil war were members of a street gang "La Mara" and yet others were Salvadoran guerrillas were known as "Salvatruchas" and since they were up against the Hispanic Gangs of the US and Mexico, the formed the Mara Salvatrucha (MS13) gang.

The gang has a strict formation. Local groups are split into "cliques", which then break down into smaller groups, similar to the "cells" used by terrorist organizations. They now have added members from many other South American or Central American countries, like Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Mexico.

Other signs of the gang are the addition of the number "13", Sureno or Sur
(Spanish meaning Southerner) to their street "tags".

They are very active in Central America, the US, Mexico, and even in Canada. MS13 members are known to be heavily involved in many illegal activities, but especially smuggling. Due to the connections to El Salvador and the guerilla warriors of the civil war, they have access to military weapons making them very dangerous.

The connection to the war on terror is that some members of Al Qaeda have been meeting with MS13 gangs in Mexico and further south. The implication is that Al Qaeda might be trying to use the groups smuggling connections to move terrorists, weapons, or explosives into the United States.

Mara Salvatrucha gang member 'Snare', 19, poses for a photo inside the Tonacatepeque center for minors, some 10 miles north of San Salvador, September, 2004.
Mara Salvatrucha Gang in San Salvador

Mara Salvatrucha Street Gang (Al Queda's Friends)
by Al Valdez, Orange County District Attorney Investigator

Al Qaeda seeks tie to local gangs

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Oh yeah... I see... So now that we have (hums) undeniable proof (hums) that these street gangs are collaborating with Al Qaida, then why not sending CONTRAS down in the streets in Salvador to slaughter, just like in the good old '80s, a few thousands civilians just to show them who rules (USA) and that there is no place for terrorists in South America. I guess that this is the point where you wanna lead us with these "news", zorander, isn't???

And what's gonna come after the street gangs? The Pentagon will reveal so-called ties between some "left wing" activist groups in the US and Al Qaida so they will raid all activist organizations in the US that do not share the views of the government? And after that... individuals will be instantly put to jail because the Total Information Awareness system detected that they were politically subversive to authority and thus potential terrorists?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Echtelion,

You assume this isnt true. It may not be true, but it also may be true. If it is true, then action against them is very justified. Your assumtions could get people killed. At the very least investigations need to be conducted.

You a gang member Echtelion? That why your response was so tempered? Would you feel differently if this was proven true? I dont think so for some reason....

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
I guess that this is the point where you wanna lead us with these "news", zorander, isn't???

Well, you are probably reading to much into it and getting emotional. I heard about this large gang and it's connections and thought it was interesting.

According to you, I guess there is a "place" for terrorists in South America. I just don't share that view.

As far as the Patriot act being extended...that is a very real possibility isn't it. Good or bad in your view, that could happen. Provide protection and things are too strict, don't providxe so much and people complain you don't do enough. It's definately a balancing act.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Interesting post. Anybody who could have such beautiful facial tatoos cannot be all bad. If I ever see anybody smuggling terrorists in the desert, you can bet I will bag my daily limit.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
ms-13 is a street gang. Apparently it has origins outside the country, but lots of these dumb kids say that they belong to one gang or another but don't. In some parts of the US there are large groups that claim to be either the Crips (or the bloods, i forget which) but have no connection with the actual crips of bloods. SOmething similiar might be happening with MS-13. I doubt, for now anyway, that every group that calls itself part of ms-13 has a captain in it who reports and sends funds back to leadership in the homecountry.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Well, you are probably reading to much into it and getting emotional.

errr... I don't have any problems with reading on the US's foreign policy of the last few decades, if that's what you mean.

I'm not questioning wheter there is a place for terrorist in South America or not. Terrorism, no matter if it's popular or state terrorism, is not acceptable since it's putting political interests above the value of human life. What I'm always questionning is what the F--- does the US has anything to do with another's country's security problems with gangs and terrorists groups.

Of course, this is the imperialistic way that the US has been taking since at least WW2 (if not before), so no one has to be surprised... but still I think everyone of you should stop for a minute and ask themselves that question: What rights do WE have as a nation to get into another countrie's business to directly reshape it's security/economic policies and to even intervene in some ways into their politics??? Who are WE to do such things? What gives Americans (or canadians, or britons, and so on) the JUSTICE to tell others how to deal with their public issues... to even do the job for the others, and this without even asking?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   

The connection to the war on terror is that some members of Al Qaeda have been meeting with MS13 gangs in Mexico and further south. The implication is that Al Qaeda might be trying to use the groups smuggling connections to move terrorists, weapons, or explosives into the United States.

Actually, this may be a very true statement, due to the fact that street gangs and other gangs of any origin would do anything is the "price" is right, not caring what the purpose is as long as they are not directyl related to terrorist syndicate, last thing a gang needs is to be aiding, that will onyl bring heat upon them, if linked. Like I said, the posibility is great, due to fact that AQ (Al-Qeida) is widely dispursed throughout the world and looking for ways into Western countries, one to infiltrate the borders for future smuggling of terrorists and whatever means they may have to equip their cause.

Of course, this is the imperialistic way that the US has been taking since at least WW2 (if not before), so no one has to be surprised... but still I think everyone of you should stop for a minute and ask themselves that question: What rights do WE have as a nation to get into another countrie's business to directly reshape it's security/economic policies and to even intervene in some ways into their politics??? Who are WE to do such things? What gives Americans (or canadians, or britons, and so on) the JUSTICE to tell others how to deal with their public issues... to even do the job for the others, and this without even asking?

Actually since 9/11, its not just the duty of US and its allies, but the UN's responsibility on the war on terrorism. Any country that can not effectively control its borders and allows known terrorists or their organizations to exist on thier homeland, looking for a way to infilitrate the US or its allies, has every right to state that something should be done and if the country can NOT eliminate or control, 90% they call on the US and it allies for support...good example is Saudi Arabia, they kicked the US out said they had things under control and it wouldnt happen there, then in Sept bombings started happening, now they request the aid support of the US to help defeat and eliminate the threat in their borders...NZ just recently filed a report that they have concrete proof that terrorist are harboring within the country, and called for US/UK help.

Just my input.

M

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
#1 TO START OFF WITH YANKEE, you obviously havent been to mexico in a while. YOu dont even go certain places anymore. Its like that. And you know there was some agreement between the government and the guerillas .... Or "Z"s !!!! And thats where it is really at ... The Zs reform from Mara Surenos

reply to post by Nygdan

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Having already corrupted members of the very armed forces sent to catch him, Cardenas used a confidant in Mexico's Special Forces to help launch the Zetas, a band of brutal enforcers, according to an unclassified DEA report. This private army known for military precision and terror, at least in Mexico, was to serve as a hit squad to kill rivals.

Cardenas went too far in 1999 when he and a gang of henchmen caught an FBI agent and a DEA agent driving through Matamoros with an informant in their car. An armed standoff ended with the agents and their snitch fleeing back to the United States.
Los Zetas ... Sinaola Cartel Al Queda MS13 Can we say AMERICAN GOVERNMENT !!!
Cardenas went too far in 1999 when he and a gang of henchmen caught an FBI agent and a DEA agent driving through Matamoros with an informant in their car. An armed standoff ended with the agents and their snitch fleeing back to the United States.

Cardenas, who quickly landed on the FBI's most wanted list, was arrested in 2003 by the Mexican military after a shootout. But even from inside a Mexican prison, Cardenas ran the cartel and directed a turf war that tore apart Nuevo Laredo, authorities say.

It wasn't until 2007, when he was extradited to Houston, that he lost power.

Under heavy guard, his location being kept secret for his own safety, Cardenas is believed to be cooperating with prosecutors in exchange for leniency and other considerations.

‘A shell of its former self'
Stratfor, an Austin-based global intelligence company, contends the cartel can hardly survive the pounding it has taken on all fronts, and that the feared Zetas have founded their own crime syndicate that works with the Gulf Cartel when it is convenient.

“After nearly three years of bearing the brunt of Mexican military and law enforcement efforts, the Gulf Cartel is now a shell of its former self,” contends the 16-page report.

But some federal agents have said that while the Zetas have emerged and are a great threat, the dope will continue to flow and the cartels will fight to persevere.

“They are not going to go away quietly into the night,” the DEA's Campbell said. “They are going to try and establish themselves as permanent fixtures.”
its really silly .... seriously .. why would they u be hiding him. You think he would help them !?>!! HAHAHAH YOU must be crazy .... Corrupted American Government.
I mean seriously "

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I guess, yankees really do not see the conspiracy here. Sickening. Let's turn our attention to the Iraq and Afghan, wars. While Mexico is continually crossing the border unlawfully transporting lord knows what for lord knows who. At such a cheap price. SICKENING, that whenever residents of Texas or Arizona stand up against them. They are the ones that are wrong.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This is a very interesting article...Seems like the times may be getting ripe for this kind of attack to take place.

top topics

join