It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First GOP Debate Tonight On CSPAN

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
what a format.... ask a couple of questions and then get the hook exit stage left

That's what you have to do when there are 378 candidates.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I got in late, did I miss Perry?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well, I am done watching this. I thought it was a debate, but they are just promoting themselves.

Yawn.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I liked Christie's thoughts on the war on drugs as well... I don't think the MJ deal will be a huge mover this election, still a very small percentage of the states who have legalized it.. and I don't expect it to become a majority anytime soon... 2020 may be the first Presidential election where it may be a mainstream voting topic... IMO>..

I liked what Carson had to say, even if I disagree with the kneejerk effort to defund PP, I am still outraged by what I have seen, but I would like for all of the investigations to be completed and reports submitted before Congress make a move...

We got kneejerked into the Patriot Act, was supposed to be for 2 years... over a decade later, and a fresh new name Freedom Act, the new norm is less liberty... no thank you..

Bush now, meh not another one..

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The audience seems a little sparse. Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Christie had decent responses.

Graham is a war mongering idiot.

Perry couldn't stop ranting about securing the border.

Santorum said some sensible things.

I toned out when Carson started talking... he certainly doesn't have a commanding presence.

Jeb's ISIS strategy sounded good.

Realistically, this forum isn't going to give anyone a very good idea of the candidates. It's too touch and go. Friday will be much more informative.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Well, I am done watching this. I thought it was a debate, but they are just promoting themselves.

Yawn.

It's a forum, not a debate.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I got in late, did I miss Perry?

He went first.

His question was "what would you do about the illegal immigrants already in the country?"

His ignored the question and said what he'd do about the border and how he has experience securing the border.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yeah, they should have called it the Attack Hillary show.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

agreed on the format bleh... 3 of them will appear via satellite from DC.. Cruz, Paul and Rubio...

I think this is the reason FNC wanted to limit the debate to 10...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Well it was more that he sound so against the drug war here but wants to go against the vote of the people in those states that voted.

So in other words, a politician flip flopping.
Not sure why that surprised me lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I would guess that his folks already wrote off Colorado as a state he might win if he secures the nomination?

Maybe just speaking to the RIght in Colorado in hopes of stealing their votes in the primary?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This commercial free forum is punishing, never thought I would wish for Geico or Col Sanders spot to stop the pain

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Yeah, they should have called it the Attack Hillary show.

I've only heard that from a couple of people. She's the opposition's front runner... of course she'll be attacked in the debates.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Well it was more that he sound so against the drug war here but wants to go against the vote of the people in those states that voted.

So in other words, a politician flip flopping.
Not sure why that surprised me lol.

I think Christie is anti drug use but admits that throwing people in jail for doing drugs doesn't work.

He isn't flip flopping to the point of saying "we need to legalize drugs." He's all for them being illegal, he just wants the punishment to be different.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If Hillary wins the nomination, Rand Paul would be my choice.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I've heard the moderator say "we'll get you on the next round" several times... I guess they're going to go through this hoopla again?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Yawn.

I had already figured that out. If the thread title didn't say debate I would have never tuned in.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I've heard the moderator say "we'll get you on the next round" several times... I guess they're going to go through this hoopla again?

Looks like there will be a round 2, since this was scheduled for 2 hours... where's my bottle?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Yawn.

I had already figured that out. If the thread title didn't say debate I would have never tuned in.

Sorry, I read another article with that headline. I'd change it if I could.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join