It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIPAC taking all but 3 freshmen Congresspeople to Israel in effort to sabotage Iran deal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
AIPAC taking all but 3 freshmen Congresspeople to Israel in effort to sabotage Iran deal

The American Israel Education Foundation (AIEF), the educational wing of hardline right-wing pro-Israel lobbying organization the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), is taking all but three freshmen US lawmakers on a tour of Israel, in hopes of turning them against the Iran nuclear deal.
Over 50 US congresspeople will meet with Prime Minister Netanyahu in Israel in August.
Two separate trips are being organized along partisan lines—one for Democrats, and another for Republicans.
The Democrat trip begins on August 3, and will be led by House Minority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Maryland). The Republican trip begins on August 8, and will be led by House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-California).

Human rights and anti-war group CODEPINK, which has been advocating on behalf of the Iran nuclear deal—which will prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons in return for lifting US sanctions on the country, and which is supported by the overwhelming majority of the international community—has been closely monitoring the planned trips.
“AIPAC trips to Israel are designed to give congresspeople a one-sided view of the region, the view of Bibi Netanyahu,” remarked CODEPINK National Coordinator Alli McCracken. “With war and peace in the balance, perhaps the Congresspeople should take a side trip to Iran to get a more balanced picture.”

All of these people should be placed under investigation to see if this violates the Logan act because it is conferring with a foreign government against the interests of the United States. Here are the people going to Israel so they can get their orders directly from Benny himself.

If it isn't a violation then there should be a law made making it illegal.
edit on 8510000005831America/ChicagoMon, 03 Aug 2015 14:25:58 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

FFS, don't take any computers or bring any personal electronic devices.
The Zionist secret service is returning in some form with each of these people.

These pigeons are selling our flesh cheap.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's about time the 1st Amendment is being honored.

I have a feeling the Democrats on that list will face reprimands.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
It's about time the 1st Amendment is being honored.

I have a feeling the Democrats on that list will face reprimands.

Wrong the first is an American right it doesn't extend into Israel it ends at our border. Yeah Dems that didn't go will most likely get chewed out for it because Dems suck up to Israel just as much as the Reps do.
edit on 9160000004131America/ChicagoMon, 03 Aug 2015 15:59:41 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I don't believe this would violate the Logan Act, as they would have to actually negotiate terms with a foreign government for it to apply. At least that's my understanding of it.

That being said, I don't like Israel manipulating our representatives to vote in their favor. I want them to vote based on how the American citizens wish for them to vote on these issues.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
AIPAC is an insider lobby bunch, part of the CPA, which is part of the AUG, the Agricultural Umbrella Group. WTF are they going to Israel for?
Maybe this is a meeting of Phobia sufferers, Homophobics...meet the Iranophobics and let's all fall in love!
edit on 3-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
AIPAC needs to go.

Get out of our Congress.

This is getting really, really ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

“AIPAC trips to Israel are designed to give congresspeople a one-sided view of the region, the view of Bibi Netanyahu,” remarked CODEPINK National Coordinator Alli McCracken. “With war and peace in the balance, perhaps the Congresspeople should take a side trip to Iran to get a more balanced picture.”

Instead of trips to Iran or Israel, how about they take trips to veteran's rehabilitation centers so they can see the consequences of their votes. They could explain to the vets how their missing limbs and burned flesh helped to insure the security of Israel.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Personally, this turns my stomach. Regardless of the justification (excuse) used, I can’t view this as anything other than Netenyahu sticking his nose into U.S. foreign affairs. He’s obviously trying to turn the U.S. Congress against a sitting president. IMO, this in itself should be justification for the U.S. reducing, if not stopping, Netenyahu’s annual welfare package. And yet our Congress gladly, and obediently, falls in line when Bibi summons. It’s downright unAmerican IMO, and brings even further shame and disgrace on our once great nation.

What’s wrong with these people (Congress)? I know they hate Obama, but this is too much. I truly believe that these fanatics may be willing to risk our country’s security, start another war in the M.E., and sacrifice thousands of our soldiers lives simply to disgrace this president. Their obssessive hatred for Obama is destroying this country.

Our enemy isn’t Iran; Our enemy comes from deep within...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So who's paying for this lovely Meditarranean 50-person holiday in the sun ?

First class ?
Private jets ?
5-star hotels ?
Top-notch cuisine ?

It sure as hell won't be coming out of Netanyahu's pocket...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
AIPAC?!? You mean they still exist??

Their NY HQ isn't still coming up hot for RADS is it? *b
Ushes*
edit on 3-8-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
So who's paying for this lovely Meditarranean 50-person holiday in the sun ?

First class ?
Private jets ?
5-star hotels ?
Top-notch cuisine ?

It sure as hell won't be coming out of Netanyahu's pocket...

Well, I'll not be there, and because coming from another thread, I need a slice of bacon from breakfast!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
And will the justice department charge them with treason? Taking money from another government that has laundered the money sent to them by the government being hosted. Obama? Reading this?
edit on 3-8-2015 by NightFlight because: second person singular, I think...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I hope they spring for Malaysia Airlines

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
"" AIPAC taking all but 3 freshmen Congresspeople to Israel in effort to sabotage Iran deal ""

or, they will go there to try and learn the truth of the matter.

and, the AIPAC Foundation pays all expenses.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"" AIPAC taking all but 3 freshmen Congresspeople to Israel in effort to sabotage Iran deal ""

or, they will go there to try and learn the truth of the matter.

and, the AIPAC Foundation pays all expenses.

Yeah right Benny is well known for telling the truth. It's been what two three decades he's been crying Iran is about to get the bomb so where is that bomb? Also the lie he's been telling like how this deal opens the way for Iran to get the bomb he just isn't pointing out that this deal doesn't make the NPT null and void.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

They will here Benny.

They will hear Obama.

Or maybe they will even read the thing.

They will make impartial and uninfluenced decisions.

Common sense will prevail as always.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Or maybe they will even read the thing.

Yeah ok.

They will make impartial and uninfluenced decisions.

Then why go to Israel? They went to Israel to get influenced. They could have just went home on break and actually do the job they got elected to do and read it while there.

Common sense will prevail as always.

Surely you aren't talking about the people in American congress.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Our freshman congressman isn't on that list. I wonder if it's because he recently had to step down from his officer position with the Marines. Lt. Col is nothing to sneeze at.

Sullivan has served in the United States Marine Corps since 1993, both on active duty and in the reserves. Sullivan, who has spent several years with a reconnaissance battalion based in Anchorage, Alaska, initially left active duty in 1997 when he first moved to Alaska, but has since been recalled to active duty three times: From 2004 to 2006, again in early 2009, and for a six week tour in Afghanistan in July 2013.[3] He was recommended for promotion in 2011 to Lt. Colonel by then-retired General John Abizaid, a board member of the Sullivan

He had to step down from his post when he became a congressman this year. I wonder if that's why he wasn't invited? To close to the military still?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm not an American, but from what I know, the majority of the decisions made by congressmen, are influenced by lobbyists.
Does the public interest gets actual representation in congress? Don't think so.
This is business as usual.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join