It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people judge gay people and rich people as evil - jealousy!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You don't get rich by being a nice person.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Greed is just knowing that you are worthy of having more and more and there is always enough, no limitation, but infinite.

People are born knowing this Spiritual Truth of Greed/Infinite Abundance, that's why children also are "greedy".

To the person who said that nudity is illegal, yes, but wearing loose clothes is not. If someone calls someone a "slut", I think they should build self-love so such an mean word doesn't effect them, instead of feeling "shameful".
edit on 3-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

No it's not. Greed is the excessive desire to always possess more and more beyond what you need or want. There is nothing there about feeling yourself "worthy" of it.

And when you're jealous you are fearful or wary of being replaced or supplanted or resentful or bitter in rivalry.

This is why I think you are mixing up what you are saying.

People are greedy when it comes to the rich and I think you are wanting to say we are jealous of the gays or something.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I don't agree; not completely anyway.

I think for some people there is an element of jealousy but not for everyone.

I come from a wealthy family. I rubbed elbows with the 1% during my childhood. Not all of them are useless, shallow, egocentric sociopath's, but enough of them are that I don't talk to a good portion of my family anymore. As in, if you show up on my property I will get a restraining order, don't talk to them. I could have been wealthy, if I had been willing to forgo my morals and play the game the way it is rigged. I wasn't, so I'm not rich. I suppose there are days when I am wishful for the material things in life, but I made a moral choice. I did not want to become what it would have been necessary for me to become in order to succeed in acquiring and maintaining that wealth. I had the connections, I could have had the money for a good start up, but I didn't have the right attitude. Mostly, I am deeply resentful that the system is such that I had to make that choice. I am angry about that though I admit.

I am also bisexual. I found the homosexual community restrictive and judgmental. Restrictive in terms of what "gay" is supposed to be and judgmental in that regard as well as judgmental towards heterosexuals. They were only as supportive as I was gay. I liked women but I still liked men and this just didn't go over well. Also, I did not want to define myself by my sexuality as much as was required by the community. There is a lot more to me than who I sleep with.

I think that your viewpoint is myopic and self-serving.

edit on 3-8-2015 by redhorse because: a

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: ketsuko

I think the word you want is greed when it comes to the wealthy.

Other people know that they are worthy of having more and more (greed). You were taught against it, therefore you feel uncomfortable with it and condemn it.

This is a perfect example to the point I was making in the OP.

Not really. I could care less what others do and don't have in respect to myself. I'm happy if I can help and that's it.

But I think when others look at the "evil" rich, they get greedy and what what others have and they don't. That is greed. People assign greed to the rich, but it's just as much greed to want what you don't have from the other side.

Exactly. By current pop/cult standards what are the kids thinking?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

They want more and more because they know there is more and more. They have strong Faith in The Infinite rather than limitation.

People who believe sexuality should be considered shameful/embarassing, are jealous that gay people have parades celebrating sexuality, loving themselves, and being free.

Those who lack confidence are simply jealous of those who have it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Conversely, those that flaunt it need to be accepted?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KZrkiller

No, gay people should love themselves so that the opinions of self-hating groups/religions don't affect them. The can stay jealous teaching self-love and confidence is a sin if they want to lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I understand what you mean but I don't think you're right.

The religious aren't solely against gay people, they're more against being told to stfu and stop meddling. These people have a power complex, they need to feel "superior" to others to feel worthwhile. Look at all religions (including cults) and you'll find a power structure with each level holding superiority over those beneath them.

Those at the bottom, the average Churchgoer, likes feeling "superior" to all the "heathens", they're a believer and they get a ticket into their imaginary Heaven while the rest are excluded from the club because they don't follow their rules.

With rich people, it's not jealousy and I don't believe they are "evil". It's just greed, and throughout Human society, throughout history, we as a species have rejected those who would take and keep more for themselves. Look at any early cultural group, none of them succeeded with greedy individuals taking as much as they can get for themselves, they survived and developed as social groups because they worked together to support each other.

We are hardwired to reject those who want to take more than anyone else.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I think you're confusing greed with desire. Greed's intention is to keep everything to oneself without ever sharing it. Desire is wanting something because you believe you are worthy of it. Greed is bad, no one benefits from it other than the one who feels it.

"Give without expectation of return", greed goes against that philosophy.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

They want more and more because they know there is more and more. They have strong Faith in The Infinite rather than limitation.

People who believe sexuality should be considered shameful/embarassing, are jealous that gay people have parades celebrating sexuality, loving themselves, and being free.

Those who lack confidence are simply jealous of those who have it.

Ummm, not. I am not jealous of pride parades.

What I am in that regard is the parent of a small child who does not need to be seeing that no matter what orientation it is from.

Do you have small children? Whatever happened to the notion that children ought to be children? Don't you think there are some things better left in the privacy of the home for the sake of the children? Somehow, I would rather not explain public displays of sexuality to my 4-year-old, no matter their orientation. That has nothing to do with jealousy and everything to do with my prerogative as a parent.

For crying out loud, he's still learning how to effectively manage his pee pee when it come to using the toilet and now you want me to explain all its other functions even though those won't manifest for him for years yet?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

a reply to: KZrkiller

No, gay people should love themselves so that the opinions of self-hating groups/religions don't affect them. The can stay jealous teaching self-love and confidence is a sin if they want to lol.

This is where I'm confused, honestly. And religion isn't part of this topic (thank f...)

OK lets put OP's other question up. I think I'm jealous of all the seasonal parties and marches of Hetro couples and family groups. It really pisses me off that their banner is a 'hug'. I'm jealous of them for displaying 'a hug' upon the White House!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm not saying that people are jealous of the parade itself. I'm saying those who feel ashamed of sexuality and lack self-love are jealous of those who do and that's why people are so against them.
edit on 3-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

So are you against two men or women holding hands in public or kissing in public? Not make out kissing but a little peck to say hello or goodbye or to just show affection.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I'm not saying that people are jealous of the parade itself. I'm saying those who feel ashamed of sexuality and lack self-love are jealous of those who do and that's why people are so against them.

I think you have an excellent point. The US especially, is so shameful of sexuality, people think anyone who is comfortable with their sexuality must be "bad".

And the hatred of Kim Kardashian (and Kanye), Nikki Minaj, Lady Gaga shows how people REALLY hate rich (successful) people who are comfortable with their sexuality!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's like my Mom used to tell my ugly sister. "They are just jealous honey".

Straight people are not jealous of gay people no matter what you want to believe. Maybe it makes you feel better about yourself to think that way? Thats ok , but just don't expect other people to believe it because it is not true.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What I am in that regard is the parent of a small child who does not need to be seeing that no matter what orientation it is from.

And your small child is in the position of watching or seeing gay pride parades?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

I didn't say straight people are jealous of gay people. Did you even read the thread?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Think about it. The people who judge others for having a lot of money, usually wish that they had more money themselves. It's jealousy.

Yup!

It is an unconscious expression of jealously when tones of resentment are spouted. These people often unconsciously admit to their own lack of fulfillment and lack of self determination by blaming the system and external factors for their shortcomings in life. Some automatically assume everybody had a helping hand or was born into wealth. Most wealthy people come from the same stock as those who haven't yet achieved wealth. To deny others what they themselves desire only causes one to deny themselves from attaining it due to the fact we are all One in essence.

The irony is most of these people will never ever turn down a raise in income; a free vacation; a new car, etc.; when offered. They preach one thing outwardly and contradict themselves inwardly with their actions and true thoughts. Jealousy breeds such behaviour.

This is why the credit system exist. It exist for those who want to live beyond their means. Wealthy people do not need to buy things on credit...

Many people rely on credit to make ends meet due to their circumstances, yet, their circumstances in life are due to their level of ignorance towards who they truly are and how the mind over matter philosophy truly operates when concerning the fabric of reality.

There are few interesting threads in "the Religious Forum" at the moment (Atheism Vs Religious) where one can easily witness the display of ignorance debating ignorance (mental ping pong match going on over there). I find that ironic concerning the motto of this site. I find it hilarious when the average age of the participants are tallied. Often times these people really are just entertaining themselves...and deep down they know it.

As for the rest of your post, I agree; love and let others live freely the way they choose as long as no one is being harmed.

Live happy, love more and laugh loudly.

Involutionist
edit on 3-8-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
And the hatred of Kim Kardashian (and Kanye), Nikki Minaj, Lady Gaga shows how people REALLY hate rich (successful) people who are comfortable with their sexuality!

Wait, I do not like Kim and Kanye because they are self-absorbed jackasses but it has nothing to do with their sexuality. Not a huge fan of Nikki Minaj's music but she is harmless as far as I am concerned. I met Gaga and she was cool, I also liked her on Howard's show, she did a good job with the acoustic performance there.

So what does that make me?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join