It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Fast Painting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I always work long hours on my paintings, because I work with high levels of detail. I decided to do a paining in a week, and this is what I made, in only 5 days.

What do you think, for my first "fast" painting?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

That is good-you must have a steady hand.

I gave up in high school when I tried to paint an album cover. The brushes are still in therapy.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Thank you. You should realy take the up again, find your own way of doing things, Im sure you can get something you can handle.

Painting is my therapy.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Nice work! They look like they're about swoop upon me though.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You're like me...absolute SLAVE to detail! Unfortunately, I have a heck of a time calling up that elusive muse that guides my hand...be it writing, sewing or artwork. How in the world have you been able to keep your muse around for weeks at a time and call it up anytime you need? I guess that's what a true artist is!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
And oh, doing majorly detailed work is so calming to me as well. You do beautiful work!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

Well, having a special someone in my life that just cant wait to see what I paint next is a great helper
. I think it is because I take the photos I paint myself, and chose those photos because it holds deep meaning to me.

And thanks
edit on 3-8-2015 by IndependentOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Painting detail create a very interesting thing at the end of the day. It feels as if I actually know this birds. Thanks for taking a look and leaving a comment.
edit on 3-8-2015 by IndependentOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I've been divorced 30+ years so I guess my someone special hasn't donned his armor, hopped on his gallant steed and left the castle yet!! You're SO lucky to have a touchstone in your life! Keep up the beautiful work!!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I'm so sorry to hear.

I only met my someone a few months ago, but my family was always supported me. And there is aways all the art lovers here on ATS!!! Thanks

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

It's awesome!!!!! I would hang that in my home!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Here is a thing I do to get to the point of a piece, in my own mind, before I begin it. This is a good tool for working more efficiently:
What is it Inwish to convey?
What is the lightest light?
Darkest dark?
Most intense color?
Most difficult color?

Answering these I thought, before panting, can help tremendously in not overworking things.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kkrattiger

That is a good way of doing it. I useally let the painting tell me where I should start and what I should do next, and which colours I should use.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks Night. Good to see you again. I'm just looking for someone who can make print copies, then, maybe, I'll send you a copy

edit on 4-8-2015 by IndependentOpinion because: (no reason given)

top topics

join