It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For Supporters of Uncontrolled Free Markets

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I've heard that the Peac Corp is a good place to network...

So is social media, and I am less likely to end up with malaria or botflies.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Aw come on, it builds character! Isn't the Peace Corp basically habitat for humanity but in other countries?

I would think seeing/being exposed to 3rd world poverty would be a good motivator to be successful...!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

All tyrannical regimes start off promising to do it for the good of the people...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Aw come on, it builds character! Isn't the Peace Corp basically habitat for humanity but in other countries?

We work with Habitat here.

I would think seeing/being exposed to 3rd world poverty would be a good motivator to be successful...!

I have, and you are right, it is.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I'll tell you what...doing manual labor on an industrial construction site for an entire summer pulling 7, 12's was enough for me. I knew right then I didn't want to be doing back breaking labor for the rest of my life!

Give me a desk and a keyboard any day, and pay me for what's in my head!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I'll tell you what...doing manual labor on an industrial construction site for an entire summer pulling 7, 12's was enough for me. I knew right then I didn't want to be doing back breaking labor for the rest of my life!

I did fire/water damage clean up/construction one summer. I came to the same conclusion as you.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Look, you and your big-government, redistributionist, fairy tale utopia are anathema to everything it means to be free.

If you want the government wiping your ass for you, great, the rest of us that are able to do for ourselves will be just fine without you.

A wage cap and wealth cap with a flat tax would eliminate the need for 90% of our current monitary and corporate laws.

Simplified banking, where the federal government is in charge of the monitary supply would eliminate most of the banking industry and return us to the original principles of the constitution.

These programs would simplify the government, not make it bigger. But what it would do is prevent any one person or one special interest group from becoming bigger than the government and imposing unnecessary laws on the middle and lower class. And return us to the principles of smaller more competitive businesses.

The big corporations have created the big government you see. Simplifying the system would onky make the government smaller and return the power to the 98% of us who would never be effectted by a wage cap.

In a democracy the vote of 98% should out way the vote of 2% but that is not the system we have.

Most of the laws over the last 40 years are completely unnecessary, and only benefit those who are at the top of the food chain pushing for free markets.

Anyone who makes less than 250,000 to 500,000 who argues against a wage cap has been deluded by an elitist mentality of selfishness and greed. In my opinion.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

In a way, this is true...

The bigger the corporations become, the bigger the government grows in response to deal with them.

What a weird paradoxical system we have.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Simplified banking, where the federal government is in charge...

The government cannot even deliver the mail and you want it dictating fiscal policy? Wow.

Anyone who makes less than 250,000 to 500,000 who argues against a wage cap has been deluded by an elitist mentality of selfishness and greed. In my opinion.

Anyone who wants a wage cap is an obvious underachiever and needs the government to make sure they get their specified allotment of cheese. In my opinion.

edit on 3-8-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because:SNIPPED

edit on Tue Aug 4 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed off topic remark

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I did fire/water damage clean up/construction one summer. I came to the same conclusion as you.

You agree that you don't want to do manual labor, but except that they are usually at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to income.

You do realize we need manual laborers and some people don't have the mental ability to do much more.

But hey if someone can exploit the ignorance of the manual laborers to make billions you could care less, correct?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Simplified banking, where the federal government is in charge...

The government cannot even deliver the mail and you want it dictating fiscal policy? Wow.

Anyone who wants a wage cap is an obvious underachiever and needs to government to make sure they get their specified allotment of cheese. In my opinion.

My last two jobs were 6 figure incomes.

Watch who you call an under achiever, you no nothing about me personally.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

You agree that you don't want to do manual labor, but except that they are usually at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to income.

Because unskilled labor can be done by anyone.

You do realize we need manual laborers and some people don't have the mental ability to do much more.

Yeah, and? Should they be compensated as much as someone with a more technical skill?

But hey if someone can exploit the ignorance of the manual laborers to make billions you could care less, correct?

In a free market the laborer can ask for an increase. In your wage-stagnated model they are up S***'s Creek.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

My last two jobs were 6 figure incomes.

Watch who you call an under achiever, you no nothing about me personally.

Then feel free to hamstring yourself. Hopefully you sent the bulk of your net pay to those developing countries you feel we should all be sending our money to.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Just make it so one has to spend at least 75 percent of their money every year, anything over 25 percent gets seized ,and used to pay for welfare.

That alone would fix it immediately.

Because hoarding money restricts the economy.

It only works correctly when money is changing hands.

The only thing I've ever - I repeat ever - heard from you that made any sort of sense. There is cause for hope.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

They are already up sh$# creek. And like you said, anyone can do the job. With 17 million competing for a select few jobs you will not find anyone asking for more money.

As long as the number of unemployed is high, the power is in the hands of the employer, not the employee.

If the Federal Government created min wage jobs for everyone willing to work, then the power would be in the hands of the laborers. But when your choice is to work and be on welfare, or not work be homeless and on welfare, people are going to work for less than they should.

Look at the wages in third world countries, where the markets are free. Free to pay sh$tty wages, free to destroy the environment, free to bribe government officials.

When your choices are slavery for food or starvation, people will become slaves. Which is the exact mentally the Elitist want us to be stuck in. And where most of the third world lives their lives each day.

We have the technology to end hunger and homelessness globally, but there is no money to be made. So we just let them starve and remain impoverished.

This is how our wonderful system works. It works for those who are lucky enough to be born with a skill set useful to the globalist elite. Otherwise it would have been better in some cases to have never been born.

The following comments are not directed at you personally, you may very well be a kind, loving and giving individual.

It's a sad world we live in. Sometimes I believe in reincarnation as a punishment and this world being the lowest form of existence.

I can't imagine a more self-centered arrogant world this this. It is said that Satan's sin was self righteous arrogance. You wouldn't even notice him if you saw him. He would simply fit right in.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Look at the wages in third world countries, where the markets are free. Free to pay sh$tty wages, free to destroy the environment, free to bribe government officials.

Can you show me a third world country with a free market, like you mention here?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

If the Federal Government created min wage jobs for everyone willing to work, then the power would be in the hands of the laborers. But when your choice is to work and be on welfare, or not work be homeless and on welfare, people are going to work for less than they should.

The Federal Government has done that and it has not worked.

Which nation(s) are you referring to?

We have the technology to end hunger and homelessness globally, but there is no money to be made. So we just let them starve and remain impoverished.

Yeah, because resources get processed and shipped for free these days.

I can't imagine a more self-centered arrogant world this this. It is said that Satan's sin was self righteous arrogance. You wouldn't even notice him if you saw him. He would simply fit right in.

Satan is just as much make believe as your fantasy utopia.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I give up.

It appears that most of you want a world of imbalance where a man can become as selfishly wealthy as he pleases. You do not care about the exploited workforce, because you are too blind to see that you are being exploited.

You want a world of self service where the only thing that matters is the individual. When the world ends up slaves to the few who were willing to lie, cheat and steal to exploit such a system you will have no one to blame but your own selfish egos.

Chase after the lifestyle of the rich and famous while the rest of the world is impoverished.

But when you become slaves to the Elitist who have already won the game and rigged it for their heritage, anyone who has read this, don't say you were not warned that you would become enslaved by the very system you defended.

It amazes me how people are so afraid to give even a small portion of themselves for the betterment of the impoverished. God is not pleased with this world, and you should all hope he acts before my predictions comes true.

Without God I promise you will become slaves, eventually being told by the Corpocracy how much you will make, what you are allowed to buy, what the supply of goods is going to be, and what price they will cost you.

There is no other end to a Freemarket than slavery of all to one entity. This is reality, but most of you are blinded by your own egos to see what is right in front of your face.

You are not worth more than the impoverished. Whatever you are is a gift from God. There is a God, and you will be held accountable for your arrogance, greed and selfishness.

No matter what religion you say you are part of, they all say to provide for the poor, yet most of you refuse any system of government that can actually solve the problems of the impoverished.

Good luck with your slavery. I have a very high skill set that the Elitist are looking for. If no one is willing to listen to me and others like me to make the needed changes to end the Elitist goal of owning the entire world, I will end up being one of those who help the Elitist take this world even faster.

I will not myself suffer, but most of you will.

And my ideologies are far from Utopian. Communism is Utopian. Controlling the wealth of the top 1% is intelligent, humanitarian, and environmentally sound.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

"It amazes me how people are so afraid to give even a small portion of themselves for the betterment of the impoverished."

Under what basis can you make this claim? Do you know how much money the ultra wealthy give away just for kicks? Seriously. Have you looked around wherever you live and seen all the hospitals, universities, libraries, parks, art, culture, and other things that the wealthy have built?

Go to any hospital and I'm sure you will find that the wealthy are doing more than you will ever do to make the world a better place. I started a thread a few weeks ago called "Have you thanked a rich person lately?" Look it up.

In summary, myself and 12 other guys raised $57,000 for a children's hospital by riding 1000 miles on our motorcycles. Long story short, when we presented the check to the hospital, we were informed of its founding. A billionaire entirely funded this children's hospital. Spending more than $75 million of his own funds. The guy apparently had some illnesses as a child and this was a cause that was near to his heart.

Go look at the history of many universities, hospitals, parks, museums, and all kinds of other major things that you take advantage of on a daily basis and I will guarantee that the benefactor in most cases is an ultra wealthy person.

You are so blinded by your envy that you can't see all the good that is done before your very eyes. Yes, there are miserly rich people, but to assume that all rich people are just some kind of Alex Jones global elite looking to suck the soul out of all the little peons is just comical.

Economics can be cruel. I applaud your desire to want to help others, but becoming a tyrant to force others to see your vision is not the way. Tyranny is the result of those who believe they have a grand plan that is better than everyone else's. Freedom is the most equitable way to help anyone. That freedom means some people will make an immense amount of money and others may lose everything. Capitalism has raised more people out of poverty than any other economic system. FACT.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The difference is, wealthy people only contribute donations/charity to those they philosophically and morally agree with. What we need are people that look at the global human population and want to provide a better quality of life for everyone, including people they'll never meet/see. We all do better when the weakest among us get stronger.

Like it or not the world is becoming more collective as the global economy becomes more and more entwined. The internet is connecting us and bringing us all closer together on a global scale.

We're all part of an intricate web, and no one gets by or accomplishes anything without using the interdependent, global human network. Okay, maybe the guy living in the woods shooting rabbits for food doesn't -- but even then he depends on someone to manufacture his bullets or gunpowder.

Imagine if organs of our body decided not to work together? The human body would shut down and die.
edit on 3-8-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join