It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda seeks tie to Mexican Gangs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
"A top al Qaeda lieutenant has met with leaders of a violent Salvadoran criminal gang with roots in Mexico and the United States including a stronghold in the Washington area in an effort by the terrorist network to seek help infiltrating the U.S.-Mexico border, law enforcement authorities said. Adnan G. El Shukrijumah, a key al Qaeda cell leader for whom the U.S. government has offered a $5 million reward, was spotted in July in Honduras meeting with leaders of El Salvador's notorious Mara Salvatrucha gang, which immigration officials said has smuggled hundreds of Central and South Americans mostly gang members into the United States. Although they are actively involved in alien, drug and weapons smuggling, Mara Salvatrucha members in America also have been tied to numerous killings, robberies, burglaries, carjackings, extortions, rapes and aggravated assaults including at least seven killings in Virginia and a machete attack on a 16-year-old in Alexandria that severely mutilated his hands. The Salvadoran gang, known to law enforcement authorities as MS-13 because many members identify themselves with tattoos of the number 13, is thought to have established a major smuggling center in Matamoros, Mexico, just south of Brownsville, Texas, from where it has arranged to bring illegal aliens from countries other than Mexico into the United States. Authorities said al Qaeda terrorists hope to take advantage of a lack of detention space within the Department of Homeland Security that has forced immigration officials to release non-Mexican illegal aliens back into the United States, rather than return them to their home countries. Less than 15 percent of those released appear for immigration hearings. Nearly 60,000 illegal aliens designated as other-than-Mexican, or OTMs, were detained last year along the U.S.-Mexico border. El Shukrijumah, born in Saudi Arabia but thought to be a Yemen national, was spotted in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, in July, having crossed the border illegally from Nicaragua after a stay in Panama. U.S. authorities said al Qaeda operatives have been in Tegucigalpa planning attacks against British, Spanish and U.S. embassies. Known to carry passports from Saudi Arabia, Trinidad, Guyana and Canada, El Shukrijumah had sought meetings with the Mara Salvatrucha gang leaders who control alien-smuggling routes through Mexico and into the United States. El Shukrijumah, 29, who authorities said was in Canada last year looking for nuclear material for a so-called "dirty bomb" and reportedly has family members in Guyana, was named in a March 2003 material-witness arrest warrant by federal prosecutors in Northern Virginia, where U.S. Attorney Paul J. McNulty said he is sought in connection with potential terrorist threats against the United States. A former southern Florida resident and pilot thought to have helped plan the September 11 attacks, El Shukrijumah was among seven suspected al Qaeda operatives identified in May by Attorney General John Ashcroft as being involved in plans to strike new targets in the United States. Citing "credible intelligence from multiple sources," Mr. Ashcroft said at the time that El Shukrijumah posed "a clear and present danger to America.""

washingtontimes.com...

When is GW going to do something about our borders.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

When is GW going to do something about our borders.

Hey! We both want an anwer to the same question! ARe you sure your not a closet liberal?

I think its Ironic that this has come out just 1 day after the news that some mexican gang members are going to be tried under the terrorist reform law.

If Bush doesnt better protect our boarders, a real mess is going to have to be cleaned up here. I hope for all our sakes he gets his act together soon on this subject.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Uh, you sure you didn't read Tom Clancy's Teeth of the Tiger? Same thing as what you just said. Or maybe the terrorists are reading Tom Clancy.

Anyways, what makes you think GWB wants the border protected? His business buddies need illegal aliens so they can make even more money. Also, he made a mexican the head of guarding the borders, or he put a fox in to guard the hen house. In other words, if it were up to GWB he would put in a road from Mexico to USA just for illegal aliens, no border patrol can go near the road, if you use the road you can come in no questions asked.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I do have some specific issues with GW about our borders. *Removed* as my father called them are flooding the country. I am not for any kind of stupid workers plan either. This is and has been a serious issue since long before 911 and GW better get a grip in it. The fact that this last "intel" bill specifically didn't address the issue still boils me.

Gangs are gangs because of MONEY. They will take terrorist money as well as stealing it or selling drugs. Time to wake up GW while there is still a "Texas" to call home.

*Removed Objectionable Word, See my post Below

[edit on 29-12-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
al Qaeda members linking with Salvadoran/Mexican Gangs who have "strongholds" in Washington, and also attempting to obtain nuclear material for a dirty bomb in Canada, ya like we have uranium just lying in the streets up here in Canada. Smells like a big pile of government propaganda bull $ hit

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sp23
al Qaeda members linking with Salvadoran/Mexican Gangs who have "strongholds" in Washington, and also attempting to obtain nuclear material for a dirty bomb in Canada, ya like we have uranium just lying in the streets up here in Canada. Smells like a big pile of government propaganda bull $ hit

Thats quite a statement when your face isn't on the bullseye.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think this is very much possible, while the Mexicans are generally catholics and not too fond of anything islam, notorious gangs, showing by their acts have given up on the idea of a Christian Lord long time ago, money is money.

Also some advisors around Bush have an ambigious stance around Mexican immigrants because of cheap labour for corporate America, corporations that sponsor their seats in Washington (actually the black blue collar workers suffer most from this unfair compeition) ....but in this case the "money talks" attitude of the GOP might come back to bite them.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is sick. I read about this months ago. Gangs get tied to Al Qaeda and are arrested and charged with terrorism. I think it's pretty far reaching to assume the government's claim. I don't think street gangs, especially not south american or american street gangs, would ever have anything to do with Al Qaeda. The evidence is not there, like usual. But it's enough to scream 'terrorist!' and get someone locked away or put to death. Have we allowed the burning times to re-ignite?

Pretty soon they're going to tell you that american militia groups have ties to al qaeda. Then they're going to tell you that you have ties to al qaeda. Then what will you do?

I'm so disgusted with our progress as a species right now.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I do have some specific issues with GW about our borders. "Wet-backs" as my father called them are flooding the country.

Mods? Warn flags? I am sick and tired of getting on this board as a Mexican-American Native and having to listen to racists call THEIR ALLIES objectionable names. We as Mexicans are as opposed to terrorists as you are as Americans. We have no desire to see a terrorist attack on the soil of the Americas, period. The Mexican Government is actively hunting terrorists in concert with the American and Canadian governments. You, Dr. Horacid, need to apologize and rethink your words. Mexico has stood by the US for decades, providing combat air patrols that saved my father's life in World War Two, and tens of thousands of Mexican-American heroes are protecting you right now in the American Armed Forces and Border Patrol. I will personally sink a tomahawk into the head of Al-Shukrijima if he ever so much as shows his face in my presence. Any questions?

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Chakotay]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
I am sick and tired of getting on this board as a Mexican-American Native and having to listen to racists call THEIR ALLIES objectionable names.

Everyone knows why illegal aliens from south of the border are called wetbacks, even if most don't have to cross the Rio Grande to get here. It's hardly a term to get so worked up over. I can't say that I agree with Bush's Mexican Border policy, but one thing is clear. He understands that the influx of illegal immigrants is fueled by the US. They have family and friends here. We have groups and even churches who harbor and provide aid to illegals for the stupidest of reasons. Someone is suing the State of Arizona because they don't put water stations in the desert to keep the illegals from dying of thirst. You could put the Great Wall of China between Mexico and the US and it would have no effect whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hey Grady, if you build the great wall along the Mexican border, it won't keep anyone from going by sea. And if you encapsulate the entire US with a heavily fortified wall, it might anger a few fishermen, myself included. If anyone decides to build a wall, one thing's for sure, I'm gonna become a ladder salesman and retire in a year. hehe

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Hey Grady, if you build the great wall along the Mexican border, it won't keep anyone from going by sea. And if you encapsulate the entire US with a heavily fortified wall, it might anger a few fishermen, myself included. If anyone decides to build a wall, one thing's for sure, I'm gonna become a ladder salesman and retire in a year. hehe

What if we build it 10 miles off the coast?
You could still fish then
Personally, Im all for building that wall. I think we need to close our boarders for a few years.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well thought out compromise. I, on behalf of all the American fishermen, accept your proposal. You get the see-ment, I'll soo-pervize. hehe

*No offense intended honestly, I'm just being silly*

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Our porous borders scare the hell out of me. I know for a fact that large scale ongoing operations ply their trade every day here in Arizona. If I run into smugglers in the desert, I will do my patriotic duty and bag my daily limit.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
OK, before this draws out any further. We can all contribute to this thread and get our point across, without insulting another members Nationality. This is a very serious problem and needs to be addressed Civily. Anything from here on will result in warnings.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Our porous borders scare the hell out of me. I know for a fact that large scale ongoing operations ply their trade every day here in Arizona. If I run into smugglers in the desert, I will do my patriotic duty and bag my daily limit.

Man, I live in Louisville Ky.. the center line of US. There is such a problem with illegals here that we now have border patrol in Louisville! Our residential construction industry is booming and has been for 20 years. It draws them in like flies to sugar. I see more beat up vans with Texas plates on them than I do Ky. plates.

Yeah, Id say we have a small problem with our boarders.

That wasnt too overboard was it TM?

[edit on 12/29/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thanks, Trickmaster. And thanks to DrHoracid for the heads-up. What we all agree on is we want these terrorists dead where they stand. If they saw ASJ, too bad they didn't just drop him right where he stood. He is meat if I see him, you have my word as an Indian on that.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

I do have some specific issues with GW about our borders. "Wet-backs" as my father called them are flooding the country.

Mods? Warn flags? I am sick and tired of getting on this board as a Mexican-American Native and having to listen to racists call THEIR ALLIES objectionable names. We as Mexicans are as opposed to terrorists as you are as Americans. We have no desire to see a terrorist attack on the soil of the Americas, period. The Mexican Government is actively hunting terrorists in concert with the American and Canadian governments. You, Dr. Horacid, need to apologize and rethink your words. Mexico has stood by the US for decades, providing combat air patrols that saved my father's life in World War Two, and tens of thousands of Mexican-American heroes are protecting you right now in the American Armed Forces and Border Patrol. I will personally sink a tomahawk into the head of Al-Shukrijima if he ever so much as shows his face in my presence. Any questions?

My own grandmother is MEXICAN. So get off your high horse there bucko. My mother spanked me in the 3 grade to make me speak more english. This post is about GANGS. You know crimminals! This is not a slam against Mexico. It is a slam against poor border control by GW. This is an alert about terrorist mixing in with "illegals". TONS of COKE come in from mexico and elsewhere south of Texas so why not nukes? Its time to wake up and smell the burning flesh..............

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Wow, this is incredible, someone just posted something about this, apparently independently? Or is everyone reacting to the same articles?

top topics

join