It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon landings - faked, met with aliens or the official story?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I got a mixed feelings

Remember a lie is best hidden between two truths.

So I choose

15% number 1
65% number 2
20% number 3

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

I used to believe we went to the moon until NASA who repeatedly puts their foot in their mouth said that they are testing spacecraft to go through the van allen radiation belt so one day an astronaut would be able to travel to places like the moon and mars etc. Now I know people will say that limited exposure and yada yada but you can watch videos of the countless number of flights that blew up from the late 50's to this day but one day everything clicked and we made it to the moon and back. I want to believe but NASA says the flag was nylon but people that want us to believe like michio kaku said it was made of aluminum??? So who's right NASA who ran the thing or michio kaku??? To many holes in the story. Also there is not 1 video from space from an astronaut doing a 180 degree view of the earth? Impossible. I could go on but imo I seriously doubt we went then and don't go now considering the advances in computer technology. An iphone has more than they did on the first moon mission.

I also have been watching many videos on the NASA channel and you would be amazed by what people think are real but they readily admit are not....like with Pluto. I won't go into because it isn't worth the time but if watch NASA channel you will see they are faking more images and videos than they are legit showing.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NONPOINT21

In regards to the Van Allen belts, the establishment of standard exposure limits came after the Apollo missions. Also, we could not repeat the Apollo program now as it originally occurred due to a much smaller exploration budget and MANY more safety standards that would extend the testing program for around a decade. Apollo was the Cowboy era of space exploration, and also the US attempting to establish technological superiority over the USSR, who beat them to space with both Sputnik and the first manned orbit.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Go ahead and put me in the option #2 club

2nd

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Excellent post. What blew my mind at one time was that there's only one supposed photo of the entire earth and that supposedly came from Apollo 17 (of which I believe is fake as well). Most pictures are renderings or composites. Really? One freaking picture of earth and there's thousands of craft in geostationary orbit or beyond?

Makes you wonder a little about space travel. But, an in-depth discussion about this topic is a little unsettling to most members here as evidenced in other threads. None of which have been to space but all of which are experts on space endeavors and apparently know the inner-workings/motives of NASA, which was founded by Nazi war criminals. Ho hum! But now they're American so we can believe all of their intentions!
edit on 3-8-2015 by IwillbeHONEST because: no/know/oh no!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

the problem is we will never be able to confirm or deny this because you and I will never go into space. Hell we don't even have real pictures of the earth in today's advanced technology. I can't wrap my head around why we don't have any non composite pictures of our own planet. NASA is hiding things from us!!! Like I said it's not worth it here. People make up their minds long before they've even heard the argument.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

asking loaded questions on conspiracy themed websites just begs confirmation bias

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Wasn't there one recently published from a craft that just parked in the L1 point? One single non-composite image of the entire visible hemisphere from about 1,000,000 miles out?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

In regards to the Van Allen belts, the establishment of standard exposure limits came after the Apollo missions. Also, we could not repeat the Apollo program now as it originally occurred due to a much smaller exploration budget and MANY more safety standards that would extend the testing program for around a decade. Apollo was the Cowboy era of space exploration, and also the US attempting to establish technological superiority over the USSR, who beat them to space with both Sputnik and the first manned orbit.

Not only that, but the Apollo missions had to take an inefficient out-of-their-way trajectory to fly through a thinner part of the Van Allen Belts.

Planners of future missions and space engineers would rather not need to take such an inefficient trajectory, so they are actively attempting to solve that Van Allen Belt issue for future flights.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey
Option 3, and I am more than happy that my own research into the subject proves that the historical record is accurate, coherent and consistent. The equations, formulae, engineering and science from Newton onwards are more than adequate to get unmanned probes to the moon and back, including the lunar surface. Adding a few people into those equations is not much of an additional stretch.

Science is not a religion, it's a methodology, and that methodology got American, Soviet and Chinese vehicles to the moon, and Indian and Japanese vehicles around it. Chinese and Indian probes have confirmed details featured in Apollo images that were not known before Apollo, as well as evidence of human activity exactly where Apollo missions landed.

The Apollo record stands, and will always stand, because it is genuine. Dismissing it out of hand without any kind of proof other than "I don't believe it", "I don't understand it" or "yeah but aliens" is not a way to arrive at reliable conclusions.

Quoted for 100% agreement.

Second line

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NONPOINT21

the problem is we will never be able to confirm or deny this because you and I will never go into space. Hell we don't even have real pictures of the earth in today's advanced technology. I can't wrap my head around why we don't have any non composite pictures of our own planet. NASA is hiding things from us!!! Like I said it's not worth it here. People make up their minds long before they've even heard the argument.

OMG!!! Nasa are hiding things from us!!...or at least, those of us who cant do ANY legit research online

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I DO think we went to the moon, that's not in question for me. I also DO think they found some kind of structure or some piece of alien technology laying about up there. Either way, something went on that we're not being told about for some reason just yet. I don't think they met aliens though. Not on the moon anyway.

Option 2 for me.
edit on Mon, 03 Aug 2015 11:28:21 -0500111582015000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon, 03 Aug 2015 11:29:24 -0500111582015000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: IwillbeHONEST

Most pictures are renderings ...

Um...no. Just NO. No no no...please stop.

You dont think those of us who do this for a living day in day out for the last 25 years would be able to tell a render from a photo? You are saddly deluded my friend. It would stand out. Believe me.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

In what way do you feel it is a loaded question - I gave all the options of reply I could think of?

I don't care which option people choose, there is a lot of debate around it and i was just wondering what most people believe.

I might even post the same question elsewhere and see how the response differs depending on the audience (but i'm a lazy sod so that is highly unlikely
)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
always have believed that we went to the moon. forget what his name is, but one the last astronauts to have walk on the moon lives here in sonoma county!

what i find interesting is why we have not gone back or even to have continued our trips there. it is not in man's personality to go some where and then just stop going. that is how and why the earth was explored ands settled. what would have happened if colombus returned to spain and said that there was no need to go back because all he found was an uninhabited island? (first cruise). heck, we would have kept on going for national pride just to stick it to the russians! "ha ha! look at what we can do! and you can't do it!"

so, i have always had the feeling that we were sort of encouraged NOT to back. wasn't it even armstrong that said that he saw ships on the rim of the cater?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

If it's not in the nature of Mankind to go somewhere and not go back, why is K-Mart going under?
(Completely tongue in cheek.)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: IwillbeHONEST

Most pictures are renderings ...

Um...no. Just NO. No no no...please stop.

You dont think those of us who do this for a living day in day out for the last 25 years would be able to tell a render from a photo? You are saddly deluded my friend. It would stand out. Believe me.

Why did you just quote half of what I said!? And why don't you post 1 non-composite or non-rendering of the earth outside of the blue marble shot from A17. I won't take part in the insulting as that just shows your bluff and weakens merit.

So, please accept my challenge or enjoy your hypocritical delusion
edit on 3-8-2015 by IwillbeHONEST because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have to pick option 3. Although I am fairly confident that information has been kept hidden... I don't think that there are moon bases / structures and aliens.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IwillbeHONEST

Here's the pic I mentioned earlier. From the DISCOVR craft.
full disc earth from l1 point

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It's a composite.

www.independent.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join