It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon landings - faked, met with aliens or the official story?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
1. No, we went all right -it was NOT 'faked'. In fact, I think a case can be made that there were (and may still be) OTHER, additional 'missions' of which we know nothing. Russians and Chinese may be complicit in this - partially in collaboration, partially to satisfy their own agendas.

2. Yes, we not only were there, but we, the unwashed masses, were given only the sanitized, 'politically/culturally corrected' version. The highlights were genuinely filmed on the moon as we saw them, but there was much more that we have not been shown, and are unlikely to ever see.

3. I'm choking on my own vomit. NOTHING is ever 'exactly' as NASA says. Their annual 'public-consumption-scrubbing budget' is more money than all of us on ATS together will see in our combined lifetimes.

e.g. - Nothing to hide? Someone at NASA is definitely doctoring images before they are released - why?:

edit on 8/4/2015 by Outrageo because:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outrageo
1. No, we went all right -it was NOT 'faked'. In fact, I think a case can be made that there were (and may still be) OTHER, additional 'missions' of which we know nothing. Russians and Chinese may be complicit in this - partially in collaboration, partially to satisfy their own agendas.

2. Yes, we not only were there, but we, the unwashed masses, were given only the sanitized, 'politically/culturally corrected' version. The highlights were genuinely filmed on the moon as we saw them, but there was much more that we have not been shown, and are unlikely to ever see.

3. I'm choking on my own vomit. NOTHING is ever 'exactly' as NASA says. Their annual 'public-consumption-scrubbing budget' is more money than all of us on ATS together will see in our combined lifetimes.

e.g. - Nothing to hide? Someone at NASA is definitely doctoring images before they are released - why?:

Wow..you have some proof of possible photoshoping..well, thats all the proof i need.

The leap from that to aliens or alien bases is NOT one that i and many others can do. There are a million reasons that they did that before i will EVER think "maybe they are hiding aliens"

Get real.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I'm rather glad that Photoshop is pretty regular about updates and new versions. The 1969 edition was sooooo slow.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Just wondering how many fall in each camp or being ATS probably some other options

1. It was filmed in Area 51 /faked

2. We did go and met/saw/were warned off by something/beings or discovered structures already there...

3. It all went down exactly as NASA et all said

--------------------

I reckon currently I am leaning more to option 2

Option 1 - I would possibly believe if someone can give a good reason why the former USSR or China didn't call it at the time.

Option 3 - When do the govt and their agencies ever give all the information they have on anything without spinning it?

option 4...lol

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Please, Sir: I never said they were "hiding Aliens". I never even mentioned aliens in my post.

Careful...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Do you think the astronauts could have taken pictures as clear as yours while in transit to and from the moon with the technology of the Apollo era? What is your perspective on this.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

They did not doctor that image prior to being released. The image you are showing is a mosaic of original NASA images (a poorly stitched-together mosaic at that) and NOT the original NASA images themselves. This seems to be the panoramic mosaic of images that your "duplicated rock" image is taken from:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Here are three of the original NASA images of that area of the Moon that were stitched together as part of that panorama. These images are of that rock that was duplicated in the stitched-together panorama:

Link to Source image: history.nasa.gov...

Looking at those individual source images used to make the mosaic, I see nothing strange that would be hidden in the overlap of the mosaic pieces. I see no need to doctor the image.

Could you please clarify what it is that is supposedly being covered up in the mosaic image that you showed?

edit on 8/4/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Ok, I acquiesce... you are correct. Thank you for clarifying...

These examples aside, however, are we to also accept that: NASA has no ulterior motives, no secret agendas, conducting no covert operations, is revealing everything, and hiding nothing? And not alone regarding the Apollo moon program...

From whence do all the suspicions arise, then? Human folly? Romanticism? Simple Ignorance?

NASA is all on the up-and-up, is it? ex-Soviets, too?

Perhaps...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I think it's worth looking at another couple of these, namely

The interpretation is dishonest. The first picture on the left is at the lunar module, or near enough, while the one on the right is taken from 2 km away at Station 9, by Hadley Rille.

Here's what the same views look like in Google Moon, and you can use the measuring tool to find that the distance from the former to the bowl shaped depression on the hills in the distance is 19.3 km, compared with 21.3 km from Station 9. The reason why the distant hills change little is because they are just that: distant.

It's kind of ironic that the page that your image was taken from is dedicated to proving the Apollo missions as fact, and even takes apart the so-called 'c rock' photo.

www.braeunig.us...

We can even superimpose those same two pictures to prove that they aren't exactly the same view, and that one is closer than the other:

Now for this one:

Why is the lighting impossible? Who says? Red arrows s all we get? OK, so one side of the rover is in shadow, and the astronaut's suit is seemingly lit by something. Could it possibly be that it's the really bright lunar rover that he's stood next to? Does everything have to be in bright sunlight in order to be visible?

As for the Clementine image, prove it is obscuring something. Zeeman crater and its neighbours were photographed long before Clementine, and have been photographed since by other probes. There's nothing there that shouldn't be.
edit on 4-8-2015 by onebigmonkey because: typos

edit on 4-8-2015 by onebigmonkey because: extra stuff

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey

The interpretation is dishonest. The first picture on the left is at the lunar module, or near enough, while the one on the right is taken from 2 km away at Station 9, by Hadley Rille.

Exactly. When I see people pushing this as evidence that the moon landings were a hoax, I figure they are either being intellectually dishonest (i.e., trying to pull the wool over my eyes) or they simply have not used their critical thinking skills at all to figure out what's going on in these images.

For the people who wonder how these two images can be, consider the following thought experiment:

Say I am at the front door of my house looking at some small mountains that are a few km away in the distance. I can see the distant mountains in the background, and in the foreground I can see my front yard, the street in front of my house, and the house of the person who lives across the street from me.

Now, let's suppose I go visit my neighbor who lives 5 houses down from me -- say about 100 meters away. If I stand at his front door looking at the same distant mountains, those mountains would look virtually the same as they did from my front door. Sure, there would be some minute differences due to the very slight change in perspective, but those differences would be so negligible that they probably could not be noticed to the human eye. However, if I look in the foreground, instead of seeing the same foreground I saw from my house, I now see a completely different foreground -- I see my neighbor's front lawn, the street in front of my neighbor's house, and the house across the street from my neighbor.

The views of the background would be virtually identical, but the foregrounds would be completely different.

That's similar in concept to what is going on in this photo comparison.

edit on 8/4/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well done Soylent and onbigmonkey...your explanations are correct, simple and make sense. No one could argue with anything you have said....sadly, that will not stop the rabid anti NASA crowd in this thread from lying some more and trying to pull the wool over our eyes in defense.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You can't find 1 picture form space of Earth that isn't from the apollo 17 mission that isn't a composite or artist rendering. You are brainwashed and blind. If you don't think that is worrisome that NASA or any other country can't produce 1 real picture of earth from space then you are in your own bubble.

I guess Russia just said hey the Americans went 6 times in 4 years we don't need to go...or let's never go back with new technology...the 60's tech we had was good enough for us...or how about no woman has ever been to the moon...don't you think it would be great to have a new mission to the moon for the first woman to set foot????

You cannot find any picture of earth from space...they pic they just released because so many people are asking questions was admitted by nasa to be yet another composite of 3 satellites.

Watch the NASA channel and prepare to be amazed by the amount of truth they tell you. But no your research is iron clad lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NONPOINT21

You can't find 1 picture form space of Earth that isn't from the apollo 17 mission that isn't a composite or artist rendering. You are brainwashed and blind. If you don't think that is worrisome that NASA or any other country can't produce 1 real picture of earth from space then you are in your own bubble.

Here is a page of Earth images taken by the Galileo spacecraft in 1990.

Galileo Gallery -- Earth

Here is another. It was taken during a fly-by of earth by ESA's "Rosetta" spacecraft in 2005:

Earth Fly-by -- Rosetta

This one is from Voyager 1, taken in 1977:

Earth and Moon -- Voyager 1

Here's a long-view shot of the Earth and moon taken in 2003 from the Mars Global Surveyor spacecraft:

Earth and Moon -- Mars Global Surveyor

You cannot find any picture of earth from space...they pic they just released because so many people are asking questions was admitted by nasa to be yet another composite of 3 satellites.

The image that was released a couple of weeks ago was NOT taken by three different satellites. It was taken by one satellite -- the Deep Space Climate Observatory.

Furthermore it was not multiple images, but rather the same image taken through 10 different filters. That's exactly what ALL color digital cameras do to create color -- they take ONE grayscale image seen through different filters, and then a computer combines those to create a color image.

Your digital camera does basically the same thing -- i.e., combines several versions (as seen through different filters) to create one final image. Therefore, saying that the latest Deep Space Climate Observatory picture is a "composite artist's representation" is like saying any picture you take with your digital camera is a "composite artist's representation".

edit on 8/5/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I guess Russia just said hey the Americans went 6 times in 4 years we don't need to go...or let's never go back with new technology...the 60's tech we had was good enough for us...or how about no woman has ever been to the moon...don't you think it would be great to have a new mission to the moon for the first woman to set foot????

Watch the NASA channel and prepare to be amazed by the amount of truth they tell you. But no your research is iron clad lol.

So, let me get this straight...you actually belive this? You actually believe that images from space are ARTISTS IMPRESSIONS? As for it beiong a mosaic....umm whats the problem there?

Wow.

I havent been brainwashed, i just read and understand things.

And FYI, in regards to your "research"..conspiracy websites and whackjob youtube channels and pseudo-science websites is in no way, shape or form research.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Instead of adding even more images of Earth taken from space since Apollo 17 to my original post above, I'll just start another post to add those additional images.

Hear is a page of images taken in 1998 from the NEAR spacecraft as it flew by Earth on its way to study asteroids:

NEAR Gallery -- Earth Fly-by

This image was taken in 1994 from the Clementine spacecraft:

Clementine Full Earth

Here is another one by the Galileo spacecraft taken in 1992 on its ]second gravity-assist fly-by of Earth:

Galileo -- 2nd Earth Fly-by

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People i really appreciate your analysis...and i will have to think about it..i would say this pushes me closer to 2, say 1.8.....

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Oh really...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Oh really...

Or these from JAXA's Kaguya spacecraft:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

And we could add the images taken of Earth by the surveyor probes:

or by the Lunar orbiter probes:

Or by Apollo 8, 10. 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 as well.

And of course the ATS satellites:

And this fabulous sequence from the DSCO:

www.nasa.gov...
edit on 5-8-2015 by onebigmonkey because: links

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

And this fabulous sequence from the DSCO:

www.nasa.gov...

Yeah, but "NONPOINT21' claims that because the images from DSCO have the red, blue, and green channels combined, that makes them artist's representations and not real pictures.

He's wrong, but that's his argument.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join