It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phil Gramm: It Was an Outrage That “Exploited” AT&T CEO Got Only $75 Million at Retirement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I feel so bad for this guy. How can you expect anyone to retire on only $75-$150 Million? I don't think it can be done. lol

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I feel so bad for this guy. How can you expect anyone to retire on only $75-$150 Million? I don't think it can be done. lol

It depends on what it is.

IF he got $150 million the government got half for not doing anything.

So that leaves $75.

If he invests it's at the mercy of the market flu cations that can lose big as we all saw.

Doesn't matter if it's rich,middle, or poor.

Money all spends the same, and goes quicker than one thinks.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: amazing

It depends on what it is.

IF he got $150 million the government got half for not doing anything.

So that leaves $75.

If he invests it's at the mercy of the market flu cations that can lose big as we all saw.

Doesn't matter if it's rich,middle, or poor.

Money all spends the same, and goes quicker than one thinks.

Are you defending this? LOL It is a free country, and a free market and businesses can do what they want and should, however complaining about it? That's the height of stupidity. You and I will be lucky to retire with any money at all. I'd take the scraps of that $150 Million after taxes and so would you, gladly.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

It is a free country, and a free market and businesses can do what they want and should,

Apparently not. when it comes to them evil rich folks, and them evil corps.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It is a free country, and a free market and businesses can do what they want and should,

It's the disparity between the rich and poor that will keep the Democrats in power. Most people voting are living pay check to pay check and the dembs will play this for all it's worth.

Phil G. Just handed the dembs a huge talking point. The debates should be entertaining. That question will make the Republicans squirm in their chairs and fall all over them selves while falling down in their own BS.
edit on 3-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It's the disparity between the rich and poor that will keep the Democrats in power. Most people voting are living pay check to pay check and the dembs will play this for all it's worth.

Phil G. Just handed the dembs a huge talking point. The debates should be entertaining.

Doubt.

Rehashing 100 year old talking points is not very interesting.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Their fault for forgetting to feed the serfs enough to prevent an uprising. They're getting dangerously close to pushing things too far. Part of keeping power and wealth is knowing when to invest more in the peons.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Phil G. Just handed the dembs a huge talking point. The debates should be entertaining.

Doubt.

Rehashing 100 year old talking points is not very interesting.

What disparity ?

People today are making more than our parents, and grand parents.

Today there are MORE social programs that for some odd reason never get figured in to that so called disparity.

Phil G. Just handed the dembs a huge talking point. The debates should be entertaining. That question will make the Republicans squirm in their chairs and fall all over them selves while falling down in their own BS.

Class warfare is BS.

Identity politics is BS.

50 years of the lefts 'war' on poverty speaks for itself.

It's been a colossal FAILURE.

But hey target a minority of the US population because their 'different'. That always turns out well.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Which really doesn't make sense. Obama has been POTUS for 8 years and part of that time he had a primarily Democrat Congress but, as a whole, are people better off now than they were when he was elected?

I'm sure the Democrats will do what all politicians do, blame their failures on the previous administration. "Look what we had to work with! What did you expect!?" It's always the same crap.
edit on 8/3/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Right this is the same thing as blacks and jim crow, or gays being thrown off buildings, ect. This minority is, or will suffer so much if pressed to invest more in the peons working for them to bring up the standard of living.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

The democrats are just as owned by the corporate lobbyists as the republicans, same with conservative and progressive politicians. Follow the money, it's clear as day. But no, don't look behind the curtain.

It's clearly a dem/republic issue, republicans good, dems bad or vice versa... ludicrous

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Right this is the same thing as blacks and jim crow, or gays being thrown off buildings, ect. This minority is, or will suffer so much if pressed to invest more in the peons working for them to bring up the standard of living.

Weren't paying attention to the 'Occupy' movement.

Keeping feeding it sooner or later it is going to happen.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Which really doesn't make sense.

Yeah it doesn't make sense.

They are just rehashing the same talking points that elected the current guy.

And their new golden boy is just regurgitating the current guys talking points.

And somehow think it's all gonna change.

Since man began to call himself civilized there has always been rich, there has always been poor, and their has always been a middle.

Guess some people just love pitting each one against each other to keep them fighting with themselves.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The democrats are just as owned by the corporate lobbyists as the republicans, same with conservative and progressive politicians. Follow the money, it's clear as day. But no, don't look behind the curtain.

It's clearly a dem/republic issue, republicans good, dems bad or vice versa... ludicrous

True, but it's a game of perception, not reality. Untold Billions are at stake ..... depending on who is elected. Or selected....

I have money on Jeb taking the WH in 16.

www.paddypower.com...

edit on 3-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The problem is not disparity or that there are rich people. I want rich people to have some benefits and tax breaks, because one day I want to be rich, I'm working hard on it. I own a business and several houses and getting ready to start another business. However, When you complain because you only get $75 million...that's the problem. No body likes a whiner or someone so petty and out of touch with the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Weren't paying attention to the 'Occupy' movement.

Keeping feeding it sooner or later it is going to happen.

Is the natural repercussions of forgetting to feed the serfs. The only way a real class war will happen is if the wealthy fail to keep the balance necessary to maintain their positions of power. There are warning signs they need to make some changes or they're going to lose control. The power to fix this is in their hands. People don't want a revolution, people don't want to fight and die, people don't want any of this bull#, it takes very little to keep people from going crazy on the elite.

Most people want one simple thing, to go to work, still have time for family, and not be struggling to survive. That's not asking a lot, we have the resources and wealth available. If one's greed and selfishness leads to mass suffering, those suffering/struggling will eventually rise up when the the last straw hits.

History repeats, not my fault they never learned.

Ultimately it would take very little of their wealth to fix this situation. If they don't want to invest in their security, that's on them.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That's what they want us to believe, yes.

They want to keep us focused on that so we don't notice the real enemies.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Fortunately people are beginning to wake up I think. It's slow going, but I'm seeing some signs of groggy eyes opening. The question is, do those in power recognize what it means, and will they react in time to make the few little changes they need so we groggily yawn pull the covers over our head and go back to sleep?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

$75 million is a exploited worker WTF?

Im lost for words.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Here is what he said in its entirety, not a cobbled up edited video.

youtu.be...

I doubt it'll make a difference. People would rather take everything out of context and continue to be upset instead of getting all the facts.

They'll whine about this CEO but I don't see anyone whining about celebrities who make as much if not more.

People act like if the folks at the top weren't getting all this money, it would go somewhere more useful. That's a pipe dream.

I paid $8 for a movie ticket this week just so Tom cruise can make 20 million. What a greedy jerk!
How's that? Lol

I don't know what Cruise is worth, but as a union sag_afTra and iATSE, making movies is hard damn work. Try being an extra to get experience.

Thanks to Tom Cruise's hard work, the studio makes a lot of money. The other actors and crew make a lot of money. Tom Cruise adds tremendous value to the production.

That's the same argument being made by Phil Gramm. Whether or not you consider a CEO's job to be "hard work" if they add tremendous value to the company, they are worth a lot of money.

And he got alot of money.

The outrage is the fact a politician calls him exploited!

$75 million is not exploited.

To say so cheapens those who are!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join